“Surprisingly Chic”

Ranked #22 of 315 Hotels in Moscow
San Diego CA
“Surprisingly Chic”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed in this hotel during a recent trip to Moscow. While the hotel is a bit out of the way when compared to the Kremlin and Red Square, it is easily accessible via the underground/metro, being only four stops away on the "green line". The hotel is a high-rise and it is located in a mixed-use project that includes some retail and residential uses. It is most akin to a business hotel. There is a nice bar area, and a very decent restaurant. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would recommend this as a good alternative, depending on where you need to be in the city.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Armin E, General Manager at Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear traveler,

Many thanks for your complimentary review, especially about the bar and the restaurant experience you enjoyed.
I am happy to learn that you found the connection to public transport convenient to travel for your visit to Moscow and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Armin Eberhard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable hotel, good staff, clean and nice rooms. It is a good place for business meetings.
Have a parking place for a hotel guests, I like hotel fitness centre, there is a large pool and gym, very good massage centre for full relaxing.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Armin E, General Manager at Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear traveler,

Many thanks for your great review and pointing out our staff service and the comfortable accommodation. Great you mention the hotel parking and our large fitness centre and the pool, good to relax between business days.
Thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had some clients stay at this hotel while they were on a business trip. My clients were very appreciative of the hotel I booked for them.I was at first, worried about noise levels, being that this hotel is in the city, but it never seemed to bother my clients.They could not do enough. When I met my client at the lobby, I noticed how efficient the staff are as well. Now I know to keep on recommending this hotel to my visiting clients or friends.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Armin E, General Manager at Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear client,

Many thanks for giving the Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre a chance to prove itself to you and your clients and thank you for giving us such a positive review.
I am thrilled by your description about the teams' service as couldn't do enough. Especially when you set up accommodation for clients it is so important that the service matches the expectations, both yours and your clients' of cause, therefore I appreciate this feedback especially.

We look forward to welcoming back you and your clients.

Chicago
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Three-day business meeting and week-long stay here. The bed was one of the most comfortable I could have imagined. The Marriott lounge is two stories, lively, very very nice - great views from outdoor space. Hotel shuttle runs into city center couple times a day - very convenient. Located walking distance to the metro station, good option / alternative to sitting in traffic. Drive from DME Airport was hour fifteen at 2:30 am, about the same from VKO on a Monday afternoon. Allow plenty of travel time. Hotel restaurants spacious with western, predictable menu with a bit of local influence. Always ready and served on time to keep our group on schedule. Hotel has upscale and updated styling, not necessarily contemporary decor. Absolutely clean with pleasant staff. Note: my iPhone taken from meeting room when I was in the room next door with my group for dinner and not returned. Cameras all over hotel except meeting rooms. Hotel response was substantially lacking. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: There is a quiet side of the hotel away from the busy main road.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear traveler,

Many thanks for your very positive review.

I was delighted to read such positive description of our Executive Lounge, the sleep quality and view as well as the shuttle service and the group dining service the team delivered during the conference you attended. Thank you very much.

I apologize for our disappointing response over the missing phone. I agree with you that the communication with you was not up to our usual standard and I am sorry for the let down. In the meantime we investigated further, our Director of Operations has got in touch with you and of course we reviewed the case with the team to ensure that no such communication delay occurs in future.

I add my email below should you want to get in touch with me directly.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

aeberhard@renaissancemcmoscow.ru
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The rooms here are large and comfortable. The hotel staff are very helpful.
It is located close to a supermarket and has a money exchange on site (which is very convenient). It is a little far from the centre BUT is close to Metro (which is 4 stops away from the centre).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Armin E, General Manager at Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear travelers,

Thank you both very much for the kind and positive review. I am delighted to learn that you found our teams' responses very helpful. It makes all the difference I know.

Let me add to your location and transport description that we also sport a complimentary shuttle bus to near Red Square twice a day and return.

I appreciate your nice review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel is Western standards in all respects. Ball room is the best in the city.
Prices a little high even for Moscow, but the service is top notch.
The hotel is close to a Metro but not in the center of town -- so no walking to any sites.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be equal --- high floors are always better for me.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Armin E, General Manager at Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear traveler,

Thank you very much for the very positive review of your recent stay with us.

Thank you for highlighting our ballroom as the best in town, that makes us all very proud here. It emphasizes the excellent facilities we have to offer for meetings and conferences on over 1900m² all on one level with large Foyer or exhibition space.

I am glad you had a chance to see our facilities in action and we look forward to welcoming you back, be it for a conference or leisure.

Amrin Eberhard
Yerevan, Armenia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Nice, clean hotel with great service and pleasant staff. The only surprise (very typical for the Soviet Russia) was that I was asked at the front desk if I am going to use the minibar. I said probably not... Soon a lady from the room service came and locked the minibar, LOL.... :D

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear traveler,

Many thanks for your positive review and especially the nice comment about the team's friendliness.

Thank you for highlighting the odity about our communication regarding the minibar use.

I promise we will work on that.

I look forward welcoming you back.