“Good Value”

Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel
Ranked #23 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 18 months. As a business hotel it is not too badly located for getting to various points of Moscow, but as a tourist a little far from the centre unless you take taxis. In terms of facilities around the hotel there are a "few" reasonable restaurants and one I would recommend for wine lovers, Tinto Fino. The hotel has an excellent gym and indoor pool facility that does not seem to be heavily used. Most of the staff speak good or reasonable English, but one irritation is that check in and out can be quite slow at times. The Executive lounge is very good and serves a wide variety of good quality food for breakfast, snacks throughout the day and hot food & snacks in the evening.
As the hotel is located on a major ring road intersection, the rooms can be quite noisey late evening and early morning unless you ask for a room located at the back overlooking the fottball pitch.
A good quality hotel at reasonable price for Moscow !

Room Tip: High and looking away from the city.
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights in late May and I did not have a single negative experience.
Let me start from the top:
Our room was on the 15th floor with a nice view of the surrounding neighborhood and the race track. The room itself was quite large with a very comfortable king size bed, two types of pillows and lovely linen. My husband was attending a course in the hotel and enjoyed the comfortable office chair and desk to do work at during the evening. The bathroom is also large and fitted with a nice shower and separate bath with very nice complimentary shower gel, shampoos etc. Most impressive to both of us was the air conditioning, how well it worked and how quiet it was, coupled with the very good blackout curtains, we both slept very well! The room is also fitted with a nice flat screen TV (with English channels), mini bar, coffee / tea station and very good wifi.

For an additional amount the hotel offers access to the Executive Lounge on the 16th floor. This offers complimentary breakfast, hot and cold, pastries, juices and a wonderful coffee machine. Complimentary soft drinks, coffee / tea and waters with fruit and light nibbles during the day. From 5:30pm till 9pm, complimentary wine and beer, a hot and cold light meal buffet. We had breakfast there everyday and dinner and drinks on three occasions. Each meal was of the highest quality, with beautiful presentation and very attentive service from the staff. Daily newspapers in 4 languages and free Wifi.

On the Wednesday of our stay, the Hotel invited us to the opening of the Summer BBQ season. They have a beautiful tented area to the front of the hotel under some lovely trees. We were treated to a magnificent spread of BBQ'd items, salads and desserts on a lovely summer evening. If you are ever at the hotel during one of their BBQ events - I can highly recommend it!

In the basement area, the hotel has a full scale gym with all the newest workout machines. There is also a lovely lap size pool area which I can just imagine is wonderful in winter! The ladies locker area was also fitted with full size sauna and steam rooms and all the amenities you would need. All free of charge. There is also a Spa with a full massage menu but I did not use this.

In addition the hotel has two more bars on the ground level and a full service restaurant. My husband had lunch here everyday as part of his course and was very impressed on each day. Particularly by the dessert table!

As other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel is conveniently located on Leningradsky Propekt. From Sheremetevo airport it is easy to take the express train to Belaruskaya station and then it's a 5min taxi ride from there to the hotel. I paid RUB600 ($19) for a ticket to and from the airport to Belaruskaya station.

Getting around Moscow. The hotel is an easy 10min walk from Dynamo metro station which is three stops from the Kremlin and Red square. Taxis are plenty but with Moscow traffic - the Metro is the quickest way to get around.

In closing, what impressed me most was the hotel General Manager. I wont' mention his name but I saw him everyday of our stay, all over the hotel. Greeting guests, interacting and keeping an eye on things. Well done - your hard work is showing!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The poor service level in this hotel outweighs its large rooms and central location.
I ordered room service twice and both times there was a problem. My dinner order did not come within the 45 minutes, so I called them back after an hour and they admitted to me that my order was somehow lost. (i found out the next day that they did indeed deliver my dinner but to another room, which happened to be my colleague's). They comped me a bottle of red wine, even though I had asked for white, and a fruit plate.
Later on that evening, I ordered a soup and a pasta with bolognese sauce. I received the order after 45 minutes and realized that the sauce did not have any meat in it. The brought me up a meat sauce after another 45 minute wait.

The great thing though, is the breakfast spread. A wide assortment of pastries, hot and cold cereals, fruits, pastries and breads, precooked and cook to order eggs.

Room Tip: corner junior suites are not worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Armin E, General Manager at Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us about your recent stay at the Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre.
I appreciate you highlighting our extensive breakfast buffet at our Mozaic all day diner. As you mentioned we sport a wide variety of hot and cold items, cold cuts, and fresh fruits throughout the year to keep the most important meal of the day interesting, healthy and enjoyable.

I am very sorry to read about the frustrating experience with our room service, and I fully appreciate your disappointment. Together with the culinary team we have investigated these service failures to learn and take steps to ensure timely and accurate delivery of our guests’ orders. I apologize for the let down and together with the team I am keen to proof to you our high standards and improved performance upon your return to the hotel and make up for the service failure you experienced.

ARMIN EBERHARD
GENERAL MANAGER
aeberhard@renaissancemcmoscow.ru
Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel | 31A bld. 1 Leningradsky prospect | Moscow | Russia | 125284 |
T +7 495 995 0009 | F +7 495 995 0008 | M +7 903 573 8011

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I spend 2 days in this jotel and I really enjoy.
The location is not the best one but the hotel is close to dynamo subway station so you can be quickly in the city centre.
Room are wonderful, Wifi is free in the loby and in the executive lounge. The executive lounge is a wonderful place to brelax and work.
The Hotel is aldo well located to drive to shermetyevo Airport.
Service is perfect.
Really one of the best hotel I stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Moscow has 3 airports. If you fly into Sheremetevo (SVO) the Marriott Monarch is conveniently located on Leningradsky Prospekt, not far from the Mercedes Dealership. With a little bit of luck, you get one of the corner suites. - The executive lounge is hughe, 2 floors, but no check out can be done there.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Location is always an ussue in Moscow. City is huge and traffic usually extra heavy. Even if only few kilometers from Red Square it might take hours to reach by car.
Hotel itself nice, clean, rooms spacious. Internet expensive 24 hrs 20 euro!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank magda0307
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I had a relaxing and comfortable stay here for 3 nights, while on holiday. I am a keen swimmer and enjoyed my swim in the hotel's adequately sized swimming pool, especially since I was the only swimmer in the pool (much easier to swim laps without any worry about someone else getting in the way).

There is no restaurant in the vicinity outside this hotel, so we ate our dinners in the hotel's restaurant. The meals were okay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple