“Impeccable hotel ***** !!!”
Review of Lotte Hotel Moscow

Lotte Hotel Moscow
Ranked #1 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the reviews here and for being chosen hotel of the year award on tripadvisor. We stayed here for 5 days in April 2013. This hotel deserves every star it has earned and beyond. It blew every expectation we had imagined it to be. AMAZING!! From the moment you arrive at the front door, the bellman graciously greeted us and carried our bags into the oppulent foyer, where additonal greeters welcome you. We were briskly checked in and personally taken to our room. The room was "WOW", very spacious and a beautiful view of the city. Everything was modern and electronic, simple to use. My wife loved the heated toilet seats and bidet. Every details were meticulously thought out from all the various amenities to the plush soft towels and shower robes. We utilized every service this hotel had to offer. The complimentary breakfast was the best we ever had in the world..from gourmet meat selection to various cheese selection, endless bread/bagel selections and copious sweet delicatessen..the selection goes on and on. The many waiters greeted us like royalties. Now this is how a CONTINENTAL breakfast should be...so good we made it a part of our regimen every morning to attend this fantastic meal. Next, the currency exchange place offered the BEST RATE throughout Moscow and St. Petersburg. They gave us 31 rubles per $1 US, the airport gave us 26 rubles, and 2 other independent exchange place gave us 28 and 29 rubles. Needless to say, we exchanged everything here...quick, safe, and in the convenience of your hotel. The concierge service proved valuable because we were a bit nervous on how to navigate Moscow and they put us at ease with their simple maps and directions, various help with translations, and checked holidays and hours for us since it was close to their victory day celebration. The spa/fitness/swimming pool had a very romantic resort-like feel to it...beautiful architect from the pathway to the locker rooms and and even showers!!..yes, public showers were so nice I had to try it out even though I took another shower in the room (my wife laughed at me for doing it). The hot tubs were wonderful and the lap swimming pool were very relaxing...after a whole day of site seeing we would go to the pool almost at 10pm to chill and relax. (It didn't get dark outside until like 10pm!! ) The shoe waxing and buffing machine was a nice touch because we got stuck in the rain a few days and it shined our shoes back to normal. The nearest metro station is a 5 minutes walk and the Kremlin and most site seeing venues are within 2-3 stops on the metro. Nearby are numerous cafes, shops, and restaurants. It even has it's own shopping mall next door..rather pricey, but nice to stroll through. I would definitely stay here again even if it's a bit on the $$$ side. Hands down the best hotel I've stayed at among all my vacation travels.

Room Tip: I don't know if we got lucky or not but we just booked a plain simple room and got a fantastic r...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tom_houston10
There are newer reviews for Lotte Hotel Moscow

Reviewed May 11, 2013

"Unfortunately" I only had 2 days in Russia. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent rooms. Amazing breakfast buffets. Close to Red Square - didn't have enough time with my work schedule to check out the area in general.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Business trip and had a very pleasant 2 nights in this hotel. Good sized room facing a busy street but no distrubing street noise. Windows were pretty dirty for which the hotel left an excuse letter in the room. Better clean the windows timely. Good bed. Bathroom with separate shower and bath. Fair selection of tv channels. Free wifi in my room. Heated toilet seat. Very efficient and friendly reception. Fair breakfast also good service. Bar friendly service but somewhat slow. Will certaqinly return here when visiting Moscow again.

1  Thank mrs7777
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I say this with extreme caution because I am an auditor by trade and do not rush to judgement but the Lotte Hotel is by far the best hotel I have had the pleasure of stay in. From the service to the meals to the detail oriented rooms I could not find fault with this hotel. The worst thing that happened to me on this trip was a single cup of burnt coffee at the amazing breakfast buffet. It was quickly replaced with a silky smooth replacement. This hotel has thought of everything, from in room power converters for international travels to heated toilet seats and bathroom floors to a spa and gym/pool area that will inspire. The staff is beyond helpful and courteous. I dont usually rate five star hotels with five stars because I believe they are usually over rated but not in this instance and not with this hotel. If there were ten stars on Trip Advisor I would have rated it a 12. I am here on business but I would come back and pay the price to stay here again on my own.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank hanibol53
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Travelled to Moscow on business - stayed at Lotte for 3 nights. Service is truly impeccable - even the security guards at the front entrance greet you with a smile (where else in Russia did you see a smiling bouncer?)
But seriously top notch hotel, very clean, excellent location just around the corner from Arbat.
Would I stay there again? Absolutely! As long as the company pays...

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We put Temporary Duty (TDY) guests up there all the time and are in the hotel regularly. This is a luxury hotel that boasts a fine but very expensive restaurant and bar. The Lotte usually will give us government rates, but they more than make up for it when the guests dine or drink there. It is very modern and trendy and located very close to the American Embassy.

1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed March 29, 2013

It is a very expensive hotel, but everything in Moscow is expensive. The staff is extremely helpful. I haven't seen costumer service like this in Russia before.

The breakfast served in the hotel is good but it is not worth it's exorbitant price. I recommend to have breakfast outside the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo