“Great hostel!”

Ranked #459 of 1,461 Specialty Lodging in Moscow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great hostel!”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We were very happy with our stay at Buddy Bear. The staff were very friendly, the hostel was clean with a spacious common room. The price is very good especially in such an expensive city!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed here for two nights. Bit difficult to find, my taxi driver had to call their reception and then we had no problems from there. Its tucked away on the 5th floor of a large building. First impressions are deceptive, once you are inside this place is very modern and clean. Great living area and kitchen, helpful staff who speak gd english. Nice 30min walk into central moscow down arbat rd (pedestranised for shopping). This place is so cheap and yet the only thing i could fault it on is that there is only one toilet, but i never qued. The place is kept very clean and has a really nice friendly atmosphere. I'd definitely use it again. Thanks buddy bear

Room Tip: big wins if you get a room that doesn't face onto the main road, the golden ring (12 lane mega h...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Saigon
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights the location is good, but that's about it, there is only 1 toilet which is in the main bathroom with the shower, so would have to queue for ages to use it and it was disgusting the shower was always blocked so you would be standing in a couple of inches of other guests filth.(although we did find one in the room with the jaquzi, the owner did not make this fact known) the rooms are ok but the kitchen is too small for the amount of people. Most of the guests are also locals, only one member of staff seemed to be helpful (which was not Daniel) Do not trust them to do your registration as you probably will not get it!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Moscow hotels

Cedar City, UT
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Our family of 8 stayed at Buddy Bear Hostel in late May, 2010. We're not seasoned hostel travelers, it was a first for nearly all of us. We have 6 children...ages 9 to 25 and so we're not a particularly simple group to accommodate, but Buddy Bear did it. Hotels in Central Moscow are ridiculously expensive (our group of 8 would have cost at least $1000/night to accommodate) and so I investigated hostel options, and found Buddy Bear. The location cannot be topped. It is less than a 15 minute stroll from Red Square through Old Arbat to the hostel. The rooms are very clean and the beds are very good. Admittedly, we're not talking about the Ritz here, but who cares? We spent the money we saved on lodging for a guided two-day tour of Moscow with Anna Tur (bridgetomoscow.com) and it was money well saved...money well spent. Our kids enjoyed hanging out together in the same room, sleeping in bunk beds was actually a bit of an adventure. For families traveling to Moscow, I would absolutely suggest doing this...unless you are so hung up on sharing a bathroom, waiting for the shower, etc., that you feel compelled to spend 5 times more for a hotel. The staff at Buddy Bear were fantastic....very kind, spoke exceptional English and made our stay a joy. If our travels bring us back to Moscow, we will definitely stay at Buddy Bear again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank eoleavitt
Miami
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Whenever I'm traveling to another country and I'm staying in a Hotel or in this case a Hostel, I spent days researching on the internet on reviews and feedback from other people that already have been there. Since this Hostel was recently built less than a month there wasn't too much information about it, however while I was doing my best to get the most information out of this Hostel it seems this one had a lot of advantages compared to the others. First the location, is about 10 minutes from Red Square/Kremlin. Second the prices are almost the same or better than the competition. Very clean environment, has plenty of bathrooms unlike others that you need to make a line when you need to take a shower in the morning since most of them have 1 or 2 bathrooms.Has Sauna and Jacuzzi, have you ever heard of a Hostel providing these amenities? After I decided this was the place I was going to stay I did my reservation online and paid 10% out of the total for my reservation. By doing that you are reserving yourself your place in the Hostel unlike others as I read that when they came there was no room left or bed and they had to sleep in the hallways. Finally I called them to make the arrangements for someone to pick me up at the Airport and the staff was very pleasant and polite. They speak English, French and Russian so there shouldn't be any problem with the communication. I've never stay in a Hostel in my life, but I've seen how they are and believe me this was like I was staying in a 5 Star Hotel. The staff was very friendly and provided all the information I needed during my stay also they have excellent tours. Oh I forgot they have a big Plasma and PS3 for those that like to play.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business