All reviewsmetro stationfree wifihot porridgered squarespoke impeccable englishsecurity guardhotel entrancethree stareasy accessnice and clean hotelfront desk personneldecent roomsingle roommini barfantastic locationvisit moscowavtozavodskaya
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during our stay to Moscow. The room was fine and clean and had all the amenities you could want, also the mini bar was quite cheap too. Breakfast was OK, but get down before 10am as it does finish on time and they won't allow you to have anything else including milk for your coffee!!! Quite abrupt the staff member was, that was the only problem during our stay. Staff at reception were friendly and helpful, used the safe at the front desk. The hotel is conveniently located near the metro and is only 3 stops into the main city centre. Shops nearby also. Getting to the airport is easy too, 1 stop on the metro to get the aero express train to the airport which is also much cheaper than the taxi we got coming from the airport and which took forever because of the traffic. Would definitely use the hotel if I cam back to Moscow. Also recommend Canteen57 in GUM in Red Square very good meals and snacks at great prices.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to stay in a comfortable hotel at a reasonable price. Easy access to central Moscow and on the metro. When first arriving by metro, when you get off the train, walk back the way the train arrived, up the escalators and out into a small underground street, take the left set of stairs and you are at the hotel entrance (check what the entrance looks like on trip advisor). The room was very comfortable and BBC World News on the TV. Also came with a small kettle with coffee and tea and there was free wifi which supposedly lasts three hours but it lasted three days for me, although it was a tad slow. My only complaint about the room was it was very warm and I had to sleep without the duvet. Breakfast was fine but the dining room is decorated in ostentatious Russian style complete with frilly curtains, stuffed animals and a glitter ball! This room also doubles up as the restaurant but I didn't eat there. Instead, I either ate in town or at the many fast food places dotted around outside the hotel, such as a sharma kebab stalls. I also ate at a restaurant called Staryy Eger which is directly opposite the hotel. Look for the glass terraced restaurant with a bear on the sign, it has an English menu if you ask. There's also the usual Russian Teremok pancake outlet, a burger king, couple of coffee shops and a baked potato outlet. The area around the hotel isn't particulary attractive but it is very busy and I always felt safe.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ediski
Reviewed November 1, 2013

As 2 women travelling to Moscow for the first time - we found this to be an excellent hotel - the location is on top of a metro station meaning that the links to central Moscow are fantastic. The staff were incredibly helpful providing info on taxis for the airport (& booking it for us), circus shows etc. The free wifi in the hotel was excellent and the business centre also allowed pc access to the internet and printing facilities for a small fee.

The breakfast was more than adequate but standard breakfast buffet to be honest. We only ate the cold food on offer so cannot comment on hot food, if there was any (I can't remember I'm afraid!). The breakfast room is slightly weird with the interior decoration but it all adds to the experience!

All in all, a good hotel, offering excellent value for money in an otherwise expensive city. Well positioned for the metro and incredibly friendly. An excellent choice for both business and tourist travellers alike.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I booked in for three nights whilst visiting Moscow. The hotel was easy to find, the entrance was at the exit of the metro and to my husbands delight, up the street from Torpedo Moscow's ground. The hotel is three stops from Red Square so we could be there in about ten minutes.

Check in was easy, the receptionist did originally state that we hadn't booked breakfast but after a quick query this was resolved. The staff were very helpful when we asked about metro tickets, they also spoke good English.

Our room was perfectly sized, not big but not too small and the beds were pretty comfortable. The room itself was clean, the bathroom could have done with a bit of an update. The view from the window was good, we were on the 7th floor so we did see a fair bit of Moscow.

Breakfast was ok, Russian cuisine - e.g. salted porridge, which wasn't really our taste but food was plentiful.

The hotel was obviously popular with conferences and so there was a lot of people around but security was excellent.

Overall we would recommend this hotel for a short break to Moscow.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is very nice considering it's rating as three star hotel. I can rate it 5 for value for money. The best thing about it is being two steps way from the metro station and having lots of servicing stores in the surrounding neighborhood. Fast food, mobile stores, bars, bakery, and supermarket are all around. When you are in Moscow in a vacation and you are a metro user, you have all Moscow when you have direct access to Metro. Considering other hotels (5*) I stayed in Moscow, this was better for me due to location. However, you should be carful during late night time as I could not feel safety in the street. We had two rooms each are business rooms in good rate. The hotel does not have two business room in the same level to serve our need of connecting rooms. We could manage it staying in different levels in the hotel. Beds are separated in business rooms (no queen or king size bed). All levels has a safety door that opens with a room key. Reception staff normally are trainees who speak little enough English with a fluent supervisor comes on a need.

Room Tip: Business rooms contain extra room as saloon. No connecting business rooms. Not even in the same floor. No king size bed in business room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family