All reviews metro station the football world cup different pillows big size business trip helpful stuff depending on traffic rooms are spacious and clean tour group fitness room nice hotel breakfast spread recommend this hotel room service front desk staff small gym tea coffee
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Hotel Inn Simonovsky is located close to Proletarsky Metro Station not far from Moscow river (opposite to Riverside Towers Business Centre - 2 metro stations or by tram only 2 stations to Pavletskaya railway station).
Room was good and clean. Free WiFi in the lobby, free internet (cable) access in the room. Unfortunately the price-performance ratio declined in only 4 months. Compared to last trip in December 2010, the room rate increased by 40EUR (despite discounted pre-payment without cancellation option). Also, the breakfast was included in the room rate last time and now was charged with 900 roubles (about 22 EUR).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I always find it difficult to give reviews with no comparison in the given city. But let's give it a try.
I stayed in this hotel around 5-6 times last year, each time for maximum 3 nights.
The location, I guess it all depends on what is your purpose of staying in Moscow - mine was business, and most of my meetings were 5 minutes away from this hotel. However, Moscow is huuge...and traffic is hard. So, you never know.
Rooms are spacious and clean, bed comfortable. TV is based on some kind of internet streaming (I think) and gets stuck at times. Internet wire could be slightly longer, so you can sit on the bed and work / surf.
Breakfast is proper and in nice ambience. When it gets very busy though, basics like bread or milk may be missing.
Service is OK, very young personell.
All in all, a positive experience in the huge, overwhelming city.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank sputnik-dot
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Booked at the very last moment, we had low expectations, but after a hard day was very pleasantly surprised. Close to the centre, modern, spacious and welcoming, with similarly modern and spacious rooms. Very helpful staff (even at 4 AM). But the real revelation was the small restaurant. Excellent menu (with lots of seafood), and my colleague and I went for the seafood fettuccine. After a somewhat prolonged delay (alleviated by some excellent Russian beer), it arrived - and after a few mouthfuls we were wondering if we should have ordered another one to share. Suitably encouraged we went for a dessert. I had a hazelnut roulade-type pud with cherries and "snow cream" (whatever that is) and my colleague had some form of chocolate cake. We agreed that mine was one of the greatest desserts either of us had ever had.

Upshot: go to the restaurant even if you aren't staying there (but even better if you are). You may have to wait a while to get your food, but it'll be worth it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We spent a week here in December. We chose this hotel because of the low rate and the fact that it is located on the east side of Moscow as we had to travel east of the city each day. The rooms are comfortable enough. Beds are ok but not luxury by any means. Bathroom was fine. The biggest problem is the noise. Walls are very thin. The first four days we were lucky to not have anyone next door. Later in the week our luck ran out. You will hear every word your neighbor says. Soundproofing is not good enough here.

Hotel food options are poor. We ate at two nearby restaurants - Il Patio and Toro Grill. There is also a small mall and grocery store near the metro. The second half of our trip we spent at a hotel closer to the center. We enjoyed that much better. If you can get a rate of 4000 rubles or less here it's worth it. More than that and you can do better elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank winstoda
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I stayed at this hotel 2x (16 days)over the past 2 months. Didn't get the points 2nd time because I booked through 3rd party website. That was a hassle to get incidental points. Staff was nice & spoke English. Bar is overpriced (as all hotels in Moscow). Hotel Food was terrible, but good restaurants nearby (The Patio serves Italian/Japanese cuisine) and Krushka Bar is close and fun with cheap drinks. Metro is 5 minute walk. Hotel was clean & good rate. Internet speed was good in room, but slow in lobby-no wireless in rooms. Nearby convenience store stays open late. Disappointed that they state on the wall that they have Executive Lounge, but one doesn't exist here. Overall pretty good--no major problems. You get a pretty good experience for what you pay for--just eat out. I would stay here again. TV sucked--slow to change channels & limited channels. 3 of us stayed in 3 rooms and none could even get CNN.. You shouldn't stay in hotel watching TV when in Moscow anyway, so it didn't bother me much. 1/4/2011

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business