“Very nice hotel, perfectly-located”

Assambleya Nikitskaya
Ranked #58 of 309 Hotels in Moscow
Bulgaria
“Very nice hotel, perfectly-located”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

I checked in the Assambleya Nikitskaya for one night, some weeks ago. The hotel itself was modern, friendly and clean, and it is perfectly located (Bolshoya Nikitskaya str., at 5 min walking distance from the Red square).

The staff is outstanding and helpful. I arrived late in Moscow, and I needed to check my emails - I had a laptop upon request at my arrival around midnight! What I also liked is that the "wake-up call" from person-to-person, you do not receive the standard robotised voice-call (asking for Sarah Connor...)

My room was very nice, only the view wasn't exciting. No big deal. But the bathroom had only a shower, which was quite tiny.

Price incl. tax was around 300 USD/ night, which is still OK for this rank of hotels in central Moscow.

I would overall recommend you in considering it seriously for your visit in Moscow.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank duhku4e

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Brussels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

I have been on dozens of business trips to Moscow over the last few years and have stayed at many of the central hotels. I stayed here in August and September and found that it was fine for business and very good value for money compared to other places in the vicinity. It's true that the rooms are small and breakfast can be cramped and chaotic until you work out the system. However, the staff are very helpful and friendly. I was surprised to note one reviewer's comment that there is no room service and expensive wifi. During my stay last week I had a health problem and spent a whole day in my room. I was served breakfast (after they stopped serving downstairs and before room service officially started), afternoon tea and dinner in my room. The quality was good across the board. I had free wifi in my standard room. It was somewhat erratic but that has also been the case when I've been paying $30 a day elsewhere. I usually find that this hotel is at least a couple of thousand rubles a night cheaper than anywhere else in the centre.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank frequenttraveller028
cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stayed in this excellent small hotel for five nights during the very hot August while the fires raged around Moscow - happily the hotel is fully air conditioned so we were happy to be there. It is certainly not a B&B but a great bijou hotel and within a few minutes walk of the Kremlin and Red Square. The rooms are modern and very well equipped. The bar is small but fully stocked and will provide a room service of tea coffee and the like. The breakfast is limited but of good quality and with a wide choice - there are nearby restaurants for an evening meal. We were absolutely delighted with this hotel and can thoroughly recommend it for an adult family - there is not really any provision for small children.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank penarthguy
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

Firstly this hotel is listed as a B&B. It is NOT! It is a 4 star boutique hotel really close to Red Square, many metro stations and a great restaurant street. We spent 1 night in this lovely boutique style hotel in Moscow. We went back to Moscow at the end of our trip and stayed at Peter I which was very good but we preferred this neighbourhood and in many ways the atmosphere of this hotel!
I found the hotel listed as a top pick in our Lonely Planet Russia guide book. We arrived early in the morning on the train from St Petersburg and we given a room straight away. Very friendly reception staff and doorman. All speak great English, recommended a fantastic wine bar just up the road for dinner and gave us a great map. We left our luggage in storage for half a day and the doorman was great loading up the car for us when our ride arrived.
The hotel is in a great location, easy walk to a number of metro stations, Red Square and the Kremlin are very close, as is a good supermarket in the underground subway. There is a coffee shop across the road and it is a nice area to walk around.
The room was large, very comfortable, with a small flat screen tv, safe and fridge and the bathroom and shower great. There is free wifi and the lobby is small and comfortable. Breakfast is served in the bar area which off the lobby and is small but adequate. The selection was not as wide as in some hotels. But overall this is a great choice and I wouldn’t let the breakfast or lack of restaurant get in the way of staying here...there is so much choice on your doorstep for eating out!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank geronimoturtle
Horsens, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

This Hoitel has a very good location. The room we stayed in was nice and very clean. The area of improvement is the reception. They manage to check you in and out. Anything beside that is very poor as they cannot answer your questions. There was a fire in one of the buildings next to the hotel and around 100 firefightingmen and lots of equipmenmt in the street. The reception was not able to answer what was happening, which makes you as a guest nervous. The breakfast in the bar is very poor. As the "bar" is also a poor one it would be better to close the bar and extend the breakfast area.
The room was nice but very warm as we were not able to turn the heating down.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter A
Brighton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

Perfect position: ten minutes walk to the Kremlin and Red Square, and opposite the Conservatory. Despite all that, the street is quiet.
The receptionists are friendly and speak very good English.
The rooms are fine, akin to any mid-range business hotel.
The breakfast warrants attention: five tables located in the small lobby, you're not actually made aware of the food available as a limited selection is placed on the lobby bar and you have to ask the lady behind the bar for things such as eggs and coffee. To me, breakfast is one of the most enjoyable experiences when on holiday: it's supposed to be leisurely and relaxed, we often felt like we had to bolt ours down as the few tables meant there were often others waiting to sit. Truely, if the breakfast is not included in your bill, don't pay for it here, even the cafe attached to the MacDonalds down the road is better!
This hotel is expensive for what it is - I can only assume that that is because of its location, which is great. Prior to booking, I was also looking at the Courtyard Marriot, which was only an extra 150 euros for five nights, but decided against it because of the location of this one. On investigation, the Courtyard is only two streets behind this one and contains a couple of restaurants etc, which this one lacks hence the cramped breakfast conditions.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Oxford, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is only 10 minutes walk from the Kremlin and it is on a street with lots of good restaurants. The restaurants are very useful though because the hotel does not have a restaurant of its own. There is a bar in the lobby where they do a buffet breakfast but otherwise no food is available - including no room service. I had a single room which was pretty small and it was unusual to find actual single rooms, I am more used to having a double bed but paying for single occupancy. The staff are friendly although it seemed to take an extremely long time to check in.
The rooms have wired internet access and the lobby has WiFi although it is quite expensive.
In summary, the location is the main selling point and that is wonderful. I wouldn't recommend it for a solo traveller who doesn't like to venture out to eat though.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business