“Very Convenient; Excellent Service”

Assambleya Nikitskaya
Ranked #56 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed there three nights earlier this week; staff are all friendly and helpful. Location of the hotel is perfect for business as well as for visiting sights, many of the most important of which are within a few minutes walk. The rooms are well equipped, clean and up to date. The floor heating in the bathroom was a nice touch. Some rooms (including the one I had) only have skylight windows, so I would avoid these if staying longer than a couple of days. WiFi is only really available in the lobby area where one can also have a buffet breakfast (included in bill), although they will bring breakfast to your room for no extra charge. It lacks any fancy facilities but its offers Good Value, Excellent Location, Comfortable rooms, Excellent staff. Recommended.

Room Tip: some rooms on top floor only have sky-light windows. Very quiet, but I would have preferred a norma...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Phil_pe

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was in Moscow for business and stayed there for 2 days. Location is superb, you are just right in the middle of everything. Rooms are good size, service quailty is really good and staff's of the Hotel are very friendly, helpfull. I am glad that found this hotel and for my next visits to Moscow, surely it will be my nest... For breakfast, yes, they have a few table and not very rich but enough for breakfast.Do not hesitate to stay there

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank UfukF
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The little suite was clean, nice at the last floor, in the attic (under the roof) and on the courtyards. The hotel is new, well located in the heart of Moscow and close to any major attraction in downtown Moscow.
This should have been quite a nice place to rest and sleep. Unfortunately, this was not the right night.: from 22h30 to well over midnight - employees scrapped the roof of its ice and snow just over the room. They did their job seriously scrapping every bit of ice and snow until, I guess, the roof was ready for another snowfall.
I complained several time to no avail....

My conclusion, the suite is nice - the hotel is well located - the price was good but beware! in winter, you may experience that kind of unexpected event : an encounter, around midnight, with roof-scrappers, A scary, if not noisy experience especially if you want to sleep . You can complain, this does not bother at all the Hotel's staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JPMO
Reviewed January 19, 2012

One of the best hotels I have stayed in on three continents. Very friendly service, comfortable room, superbly central location, and reasonable rates. We took breakfast in our room, as the lobby downstairs where it is normally served is on the small side, and guests are asked to eat in shifts. The food was good, portions were generous. Wifi in the room and throughout the hotel was a boon. Remarkably quiet. Strongly recommended.

5  Thank Richard403
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Location is approx 500m walk from Red Square and some of the main shopping streets, also up to 4 metro stations are less than 1km away.

Rooms adequate, clean, well serviced and nicely sized, probably equivalent to a 3 star hotel, no complaints there. Free WIFI worked well too.

Staff seemed to say "no" more often than `'yes", no major problems but they just didnt seem to be as customer-centric as you expected even from a 2-3 start hotel.

3  Thank Tripper21
Reviewed December 7, 2011

... but after taking my reservation by phone - and asking for my credit card number to guarantee it since it was the last available room - the hotel staff gave my room away while I was on a nine-hour flight from Vladivostok to Moscow.

Awful feeling to fly that far, arrive exhausted and late at night, and be told you have nowhere to sleep.

If you have a choice, stay somewhere else - perhaps a place where the management won't screw over a traveller just because someone else is waving cash under their nose...

6  Thank markmacCanada
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have always got what I paid for or less, but it was not to be at the Assambleya Nikitsaya - where I got absolutely great customer service and more than what I paid for.

I arrived at the hotel in the night and was greeted by a very pleasant young lady at the counter who spoke very fluently in english. As I had 2 bags to take upstairs to my room, one of the front desk staff, without any hesitation, immediately grabbed my bag and took it up to my room. Even though I told him that I would be ok carrying 2 bags to the 3rd floor, he insisted on helping me.

Later on in the night, I came down to the reception desk to ask for information on the Kremlin and Red Square tours, Viktoria went out of her way to explain the sights and tours to me. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call to my room 10 minutes later, where she had gone online and provided me with very useful additional information to make my walking tour of the area more fruitful.

Upon my departure, once again, my bag was taken out without hesitation to my taxi. This is unbelievable customer service, which is not found in hotels theses days.

I found my room be very clean and tidy. Even though small, and on the 3rd floor with a skylight, but without a window to look out, I found it quite cozy. The bed was very comfortable, and the TV did have BBC news in english. The bathroom had no bathtub, but I was satisfied with the shower. The amenities were of good quality, and even included a toothbrush and paste. Modern thermostats were installed, and heating/cooling was no problem. WiFi was free and had a very good speed.

My breakfast was included in the room rate, and as the breakfast area was rather small, and on the recommendation of Viktoria, I decided to have breakfast in my room by filling in the provided breakfast order and hanging it on by doorknob. Breakfast arrived right on time, with no mistakes on my (complicated) order.

All the hotel staff that helped me spoke very good english, which was very different to the other people I met in Moscow, which included the counter staff at the McDonalds who could not understand the word "milk" which I needed for my coffee. By the way, there are 3 McDonald restaurants within walking distance!

The hotel was within a few minutes walking distance to the Kremlin, Red Square, and many other sights.

Yes, this was an absolute jewel of a place, and great value for what I paid. I would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo