“Fantastic location with 5 star customer service”

Assambleya Nikitskaya
Ranked #50 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have always got what I paid for or less, but it was not to be at the Assambleya Nikitsaya - where I got absolutely great customer service and more than what I paid for.

I arrived at the hotel in the night and was greeted by a very pleasant young lady at the counter who spoke very fluently in english. As I had 2 bags to take upstairs to my room, one of the front desk staff, without any hesitation, immediately grabbed my bag and took it up to my room. Even though I told him that I would be ok carrying 2 bags to the 3rd floor, he insisted on helping me.

Later on in the night, I came down to the reception desk to ask for information on the Kremlin and Red Square tours, Viktoria went out of her way to explain the sights and tours to me. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call to my room 10 minutes later, where she had gone online and provided me with very useful additional information to make my walking tour of the area more fruitful.

Upon my departure, once again, my bag was taken out without hesitation to my taxi. This is unbelievable customer service, which is not found in hotels theses days.

I found my room be very clean and tidy. Even though small, and on the 3rd floor with a skylight, but without a window to look out, I found it quite cozy. The bed was very comfortable, and the TV did have BBC news in english. The bathroom had no bathtub, but I was satisfied with the shower. The amenities were of good quality, and even included a toothbrush and paste. Modern thermostats were installed, and heating/cooling was no problem. WiFi was free and had a very good speed.

My breakfast was included in the room rate, and as the breakfast area was rather small, and on the recommendation of Viktoria, I decided to have breakfast in my room by filling in the provided breakfast order and hanging it on by doorknob. Breakfast arrived right on time, with no mistakes on my (complicated) order.

All the hotel staff that helped me spoke very good english, which was very different to the other people I met in Moscow, which included the counter staff at the McDonalds who could not understand the word "milk" which I needed for my coffee. By the way, there are 3 McDonald restaurants within walking distance!

The hotel was within a few minutes walking distance to the Kremlin, Red Square, and many other sights.

Yes, this was an absolute jewel of a place, and great value for what I paid. I would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank robbiemp
There are newer reviews for Assambleya Nikitskaya

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Excellent hotel, convenient location and very helpful staff. Rooms were very nice and spacious. Breakfast was a marginal but overall a very enjoyable 3-night stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim13020
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Greetings ~ Stayed at the Assambleya the last week in Oct and I LOVED it. The people there were so amazingly nice and unbelievably helpful...it boggles the mind. Everyone there from the bar staff to the porters and cleaning staff were just the nicest people you would ever want to meet and made my stay there so comfortable. Special thanks to Nikita, the charming young man at the front desk who really went out of his way to take care of every little thing that I might need, and a couple things like internet help ( I didn't carry any electronic devices, ) a much better map then the one I had, that were invaluable.
The Room was magnificent, and when I came back for my last night from St Petersburg, the Second room was even MORE grande. Bed was Soooo comfy, and there was a rather large sitting area with table and chairs, and a large bathroom, esp. by European standards.
The hotel was quite full while I stayed there and I opted to take breakfast in my room every monring to make room for more guests downstairs in the small dining area. This turned out to be preferable. The breakfast every morning was delicious and fit for a king AND his army. Room service was available and at prices that were not much different than what you might find outside the hotel...The view was great and I could even see part of the light show in the sky, that was going on for three nights in Red Square while I was there. Speaking of which, the hotel is walking distance to just about anything you might have an interest in. Sights of course, but also near several cozy restaurants, a small grocer, the post office, ATMs, Shopping, and the metro. Tip for Americans...We are used to prices being higher on the weekends and less so during the week. Here it was the opposite. So plan accordingly to save even more money.
I loved this hotel and I HIGHLY recommend it for all the ammenities, as well as for the STELLAR people who work there and run it...
Best regards,
LKW

Room Tip: My rooms were both on the street side but it was not an issue for me. Streets were quiet even during...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank candlejack
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We moved to this hotel at the weekend of our trip as it was alot closer to the Kremlin and the other sights and also it had better valued prices at the weekend compared to the week . The Room was excellent and breakfast quite adequte . Had no issues with the seating arrangements for breakfast but there would be issues if everyone came down at the same time . To compensate they offer breakfast in your room . The staff were quite friendly and spoke English. They also provide postcards with stamps on . Felt quite secure and safe . About a 10 minute walk to the Kremlin.

Our only concern was the taxi (well unsure if it was a taxi more like someone's friend ) the hotel ordered for us to the airport. It had a flat front tyre and from the start we had other motorists beeping at us and pointing at the driver's front tyre and this was just after setting off from the hotel . On arrival at the airport I think we were down to the metal rim . Thankfully it was a Sunday morning and there was no traffic jams .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank keroauc
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel was recommended by the company we booked our River Cruise with (Travel All Russia). It was a perfect choice for our two night stay. The rooms were well appointed, beds were comfortable and there was free wifi. I agree with some other reviewers that the breakfasts left a bit to be desired. However the coffee was good, and hot and the breakfasts got us started on our day. Although the hotel was full, we did not have a problem with crowds in the morning. The location was fabulous for exploring on foot. The staff were friendly and helpful. They gladly held our luggage for us for 4 hours until we could check in. The only glitch we had was when we were leaving. Four of us were travelling together and we'd asked for a taxi to the airport. The taxi that arrived was only big enough for two, so another one had to be ordered. Traffic is crazy in Moscow, so this took a bit of time. Fortunately it did not result in any of us missing flights. The hotel was twice as expensive as our B&B in St Petersburg, but was definitely in line with Moscow prices. We paid US$280 per night. I would certainly recommend this hotel if you're planning a few days in Moscow.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chuckandnance
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The room is spacious. Staff service is nice for guys worked in there - guys at the reception desk helped us to carry my luggage to the room when we arrived and carry out from luggage storage room until outside the hotel, which is unexpected in a small hotel. Excellent location and safe area even at night.

The room is a little bit noisy at night as the hotel is next to a quite busy road (we stayed on 2nd floor), and we need to walk a few stair cases up / down to arrive at the room. The wifi speed is slow and sometimes discounted.

The hotel rent is so high in Moscow that makes the cost of this room - USD300 seems reasonable - however, maybe not actually after think about it more.

Still a good choice for one who aimed for great location and looking for a mid-range stay in Moscow.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vk_hongkong
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We spent 5 nights here and couldn't fault it. Location is perfect for visiting Moscow. The hotel only does B&B but that we knew that and it was fine and the staff were without exception friendly and helpful. Rooms were good everything worked well, we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends