“It's OK: no more, no less”
Review of Pekinskaya Utka

Pekinskaya Utka
Ranked #2,041 of 15,008 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My colleague and I wanted to eat somewhere close to our hotel on Tverskaya and didn't want to pay outrageous prices plus we wanted something Chinese, so the Peking Duck seemed to tick all the boxes.
The food was OK, it wasn't "untasty", but I think it was Chinese food in Russian style. It lacked some ingredients that are probably hard/expensive to get in Russia, the texture wasn't the same. As I said it wasn't bad, but looked like something you could cook yourself by adding ready made sauce to fried pieces of meet. My non-alcoholic Pina Colada tasted like a pine apple juice, but cost as a cocktail.
The service was very friendly. The place is not crammed. The restaurant is conveniently located, but personally I won't be back.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was craving Chinese food. Gave it a try and was not disappointed. Sichuan beef and dumplings were good. Sweet sour fish was terrible. Duck was good. I'd go back, but be more careful what I order. Not too expensive, just Moscow expensive. Service was friendly but slow.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Had busines lunch there - tryed japanese and chinese lunches. Liked it a lot - very big portion, tasty food. Service was a bit persistent but the food was very good. Better to book table in advance especially for special event.

Would certainly recommend!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

A big menu with a lot of different things to eat scares me. I think this restaurant could have been better of by focusing only on the Chinese cuisine and skipped the Thai and Japanese part.
We were given a table in what looked like a modern cafe. Okay, but not the atmosphere as I expected. I ordered pork-dumpling soup for starter and Peking Duck and beef-dumplings for main course shared among the dinner-guests. Dumpling soup was quite good, with good flavors and texture. The Peking duck missed the crispiness that I expected, it was a bit dry and missed a bit of flavor. Dumplings on the other hand was good.

The service was a bit rushing for me. All food was served at the same time. This means that while eating the starter, the other food got cold.

To get a higher rating from me I would suggest to better the timing on the service, try to get better flavor on the signature dish, and stick to Chinese food.

Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Thought to try this restaurant out as it was very near the hotel. The food was poor. We had 2-3 different dishes but they all almost tasted the same. Would not go again.