“Small but good hotel”

Ranked #50 of 316 Hotels in Moscow
Hong Kong
“Small but good hotel”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

A very small hotel but provide free mini bar snack and drinks. (No alcohol)

Restaurant is not very big, breakfast buffet is not very sumptuous, but I found smoked salmon and sauteed mushrooms which I like.

Money change machine is in the lobby which is very convenient for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Houston
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Traveled here June 4th to June 9th, 2014 with my wife. The hotels air condition was turned off until June 16th, Gate one travel did not tell us. Check in room, it 85 degree outside. NO A/C My room is 2 twin beds. Now I am a big boy. Twins went out at 12 years old. I am with my wife celebrating my 30th years anniversary. Area that hotel in NOT GREAT location either. But wait the next day they transfer me (wife) plus addition couple to sister hotel ( same name) in Moscow that was much better. And yes the air condition did work. I got a queen size bed. My trip improved much better.

Room Tip: NO pool, in first location Very small rooms, People at desk did not speak English well.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
uk
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed here twice on our recent Russian odyssey. Overall there's not a much to complain about. We arrived at 7am - but were offered a room & breakfast for half the daily rate if we wished - until checkin at 2. This was grand for us as we could have breakfast and a rest for a few hours before heading into Moscow. The hotel is fine. Clean as a whistle. Breakfast is very good (please buy a toaster though) with plenty of choice. There was never a problem getting a table in the breakfast room. the lobby bar served good (albeit expensive) food and drink and was a nice calming place to relax in. The sauna./gym area is clean and well maintained. The area the hotel is situated in is not exciting by any means however there is a nice park across the road. We felt safe in the area at all times. 40 mins into Red Square is fine in my book.
Also - 2 issues we had with the room that were reported to reception (problem with aircon & the minibar not being refilled) were rectified so quickly that the job was complete by the time we returned to the room from reception. Very impressive.
So whats slipping?? Some (and I don't mean all) of the reception staff are not totally on the ball. I asked if an item of clothing that we had mislaid had been found. Over 2 days we were told No - It hadn't. On putting my luggage into their baggage room on our last day - there it was on a hangar (along with a dozen or so also "mislaid" items). Visa Registration seems to be (somewhat understandably) an issue of confusion - 2 members of staff refused to register my visa saying it wasn't required. I finally prevailed on another to register it. On checking with my embassy - I was informed that had this not been done, there would have been an issue on departure. This is a black mark!!!!
Overall however, our stay was a happy & contented one. The price was more than reasonable for what we got and when fate casts me back into Moscow, I will return here. Now if they could just put back those bowls of green apples into reception.......

Room Tip: Front of the hotel please.....
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
NY
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My SO and I stayed here for a few days while sightseeing in Moscow. The hotel staff were very friendly, spoke english (which was extremely helpful!) Reception/first floor looked recently updated, very modern, has a bar with lots of seating, a living room area with a flat screen tv, a dining area in the back, which serves continental breakfast everyday. There's also a sauna and gym.
Check in and out went smoothly, and the hotel set up transportation for us to and from the airport.
When you get upstairs it's a different story. The rooms are quite small, with twin beds that are almost child-size (low to the ground). I should mention this is my first time to Europe and my SO said many hotels have beds this size...so perhaps this is normal? Upstairs looks dated, but very clean and the wifi worked well.
As others have mentioned, it's about a 5 minute walk, if even that, to the nearest Metro Station.
*As a side note for American or English speaking visitors who are using the Metro, Memorize or take photos of the Russian Stops that you're going to-from. They are all in Russian Characters, there are no english signs*

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bethany S
Cheltenham
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Very similar to a UK Travelodge/Premier Inn. Rooms are of a decent size, you get two cartons of juice, two bottles of water and some savory snacks in the free mini bar. Breakfast is a mixture of some hot and cold dishes, does what it needs to do. Front of house were helpful and responded to my email straight away about booking a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Within a 3 minute walk of the metro and the same line will get you to the Kremlin within 25 minutes. For the price it was very good and I would stay at it again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Naberezhnyye Chelny, Tatarstan, Russia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was staying in lux room for my weekend in Moscow.
So, actually it is quite hard to say LUX. It is just wide, bright, spacious and clean.
There were two rooms - enough space to feel free.
The bed was good enough, the bathroom was spacious as well and good. There was even big matted window.
There was kettle in the room.
The personnel in hotel very polite and helpful.
The sauna is not so big but quite pretty.
The fitness room was equipped with a few amount of items - not enough for serious training but good enough to feel yourself in a shape.
For jogging you can find a little park nearby.
The metro station is 5-7 minutes by walking.
But it is Prazhskaya, which is situated quite far away from the centre of the city.

Room Tip: Take the rooms upstairs as high as possible - there is a restaurant with loud music on the first flo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Tim0ur
Bucharest
Reviewed May 27, 2014

If it weren't the positioning, far away from the city center (although close to a subway station), this hotel would get the perfect score. Friendly staff, excellent rooms and a sense of quality in everything.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple