SunFlower Park Hotel
Ranked #63 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Considering this as an alternative to expensive hotels in the center, transit details are: one hour from Finland station to hotel (if you metro mistake free). To Domodovo, using Metro and matrushka combo is 70 minutes. Or, go all the way into center and catch the airport train, about 80 minutes. Or take taxi hotel to airport is 50 usd, time depends on traffic. Walking to hotel from metro is 5 short minutes. Not too much around this metro stop, but necessities are there. In warm weather, this hotel is viable choice, but in no way is it the 4th best hotel on Moscow. Katerina Park a Swedish operated concern. Scandinavian style evident throughout, prefab-looking almost. Only thing Russian style here is restaurant food, which is ok. Hotel is heavily used by tour groups, many Asian. And they do a trade in weddings. Rooms are smallish, everything working as its a fairly new place. The feel is like an IKEA. Alright for a couple days to see the sights, but wouldn't want to trasit to this place in winter.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Paubranco
Katerina_Cronstedt, Owner at SunFlower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear guest, Thank you for all the advice about transportation, I am sure it is useful to other guests. Our hotel is indeed managed by our Swedish-Russian family, we do not offer luxury in form of golden details but in form of service. In winter our hotel is especially cozy - rooms are warm and metro is close. When there is traffic chaos - take the metro.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Hotel is on the outer circle of Moscow underground.It takes about 25-30 minutes to reach center by metro.

Apart from this hotel has excellent services,free wi-fi,free mini-bar and the buffet breakfast is great.

However the hotel strong point is the reception and bar staff customer service it is very impressive unlike typical Russian service.

Especially in the reception there was a young girl her name was Victoria and she was really helpful she even took and made our order to an outside restaurant which brought the pizza and other stuff directely to our room ,really very impressive.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody else visiting Moscow.

I will definitely return on my next business trip to Moscow.

Room Tip: Reception really helpful
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Henry B

Dear guest, I am glad to hear you liked our services. Our team members try hard and I am glad to share your kind words with them - it means a lot to us. Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My first trip to Moscow and the hotel was recommended by an agent. It is a 15-20 minute walk to Red Square and very close to the Metro and Airport train. Nice clean rooms and very good service. I was spoiled by starting here first and then seeing what other hotels in Russia can be. The wi-fi in the rooms was pretty much non-existent, so that you had to sit in the lobby (and drink an overpriced beer) to send emails but overall I felt this was a very good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LDA173

Dear guest, judging by distance to Red Square - perhaps you stayed at our second hotel - Katerina City? Anyway I am glad you found rooms clean and service good. We will definitely look into the internet signal, it should work perfectly in all rooms. Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel seemed to try that bit harder; good service, good English, good food, good location, etc. Loved the mats in the lifts that told you what day of the week it was. Loved the very gentle birdsong in the breakfast room. Attention to detail. We plan to return next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dk_away

Dear guest, we are looking forward to see you soon again! We do try had and I am glad you appreciated it. Glad you liked the mats and the birdsong :)

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My first trip to Russia and first nights, Katerina Park made it comfortable and pleasant.

Much has been said in other reviews - I would just compliment the staff and the hiring process - everyone was pleasant and enthusiastic. Front desk, dining, housekeeping. There were tour groups staying and the dining staff bussed tables incredibly quickly and kept food fresh - I've not seen better service in the USA.

Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear guest, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Hope to see you back with us again soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Month ago I was in Hilton hotel in England but food was meager and tasteless... This what you can eat in Katerina Park is really tasty and you can choose among the many dishes, many vegetables, sausages, etc. More, they veeeeery care about the cleanliness of your room. You can rest in smalI but cosy and comfortable spa area. I was in Moscow with my fiancee to visit capitol of Russia and we are very happy of our us stay in hotel Katerina Park in Moscow. I would recommend to anyone who wants a very good quality for a low price!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest, it is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and the food at Katerina Park! We are glad you liked the relax area and found rooms very clean. I have forwarded your kind words to our team, thank you! Hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

.... that was what I wrote in my card to them, and I can pay no higher compliment. A hotel in Moscow (albeit 30 mins out on the Metro) that doesnt break the bank is unusual. This was great value and a lovely stay. The hotel staff checked me in cheerfully, registered me efficiently & even chased down my lost baggage (never travel via Brussels Airlines). The room was perfectly adequate - always clean & bright - and the free minibar was much appreciated. The breakfast buffet was great. The lobby was bright & cheerful and the wifi/ free pc's was much appreciated.
I note one or two contributors have complained about the area - what was the problem? 2 shopping malls with associated restaurants & entertainment options 5 minutes walk either direction. The local park was fine to stroll in - and I was travelling with a 7-year-old child who was made most welcome. I felt safe at all times.
Yes, you'll get more luxury in other hotels, better surroundings, bigger rooms - but you'll pay for it - and dearly.
Overall - our stay was a happy one, I think when we next pass through, we'll stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Katerina_Cronstedt, Owner at SunFlower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your kind words - they really mean a lot to us! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Good tip about the area - there are shopping malls, entertainment centers and the nice park opposite hotel. We look forward to welcome you and your family back again soon!