“Good food, great value for money”
Review of Teremok

Teremok
Ranked #15 of 39 Quick Bites in Moscow
Cuisines: Russian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Boulevard Ring
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

Quick lunch in Moscow, great value for money, good bliny and soup. Friendly staff. So perfect for lunch

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 27, 2019

We found this chain of restaurants recommended in many travel guides so we decided to try one night, and we repeated! They make delicious pancakes and at really reasonable prices. You can also try here the typical Russian dumplings. The system is like a fast food place. You order at the counter and then sit or take it away. They are very quick. Staff was friendly.
If I lived in Moscow and I would come quite often to this place!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 21, 2019

We attended here after our tour guide mentioned it could be a place to try some Russian food at a cheap price, and locals frequented this place as it is somewhat like a fast food joint. She wasn't wrong about the last part.

We had already tried borsch and shci from restaurants. We had also had Pelmini in a number of restaurants already, so we were not keen to have those in a fast food joint but decided to try their pancakes given that this seemed to be their specialty.

I ordered one with salmon in it, my wife got the one with chicken and sour cream, and I also got a pork and beetroot one with horseradish to try between us. I was thoroughly disappointed with the smoked salmon one, where I saw with my own eyes the cook pick up a blob of salmon from a container and throw it onto the pancake followed by the rest of the ingredients before folding it up. This may be how the dish is meant to taste, I can acknowledge that, but I am not a fan of thick slab of cold salmon going in my mouth. The other two pancakes were much better and I would go back and get them if passing by and hungry.

The service staff, interestingly, tried to upsell me a "traditional Russian salad", and when I didn't understand him the first time, repeated his memorised phrase of "try some traditional Russian salad" while pointing at the picture. I saw him do the same with a British lady, perhaps they have sale targets!

This place reminds me of dropping by McDonalds or Burger King for a burger. If you don't expect anything, and just wanna get a bite of some delicious (For the most part) food, then you're set here.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed February 18, 2019

While we love every single outlet, which offers virtually the same food of the same quality, we would single out the one at Maroseika , because it is the only one we know that offers seating AND good crockery (elsewhere it is more of a fast food delivery style).

It is not for nothing that they are in the market for a long 20 year. This is a remarkable achievement in Moscow, where restaurants often open and close within one-two years.

This outlet is most famous for its pancakes with various fillings. However, it also offers a wide range of traditional Russian fare, which includes starters, soups and main course, plus they some limited selection for a of sweet tooth (pancakes with jams) and drinks. Almost every dish is a signature one, for a Russian palate.

For starter, we like their herring under "fur coat", that is layered boiled shredded beetroot, onion, potato and mayo plus herring, at the bottom. Excellent potatos farmer's style, plus herring (herring is of good quality).

The soups include borsch, pea soup and a few more. We really enjoyed borsch and pea soup.

For main course selection is wide, despite limited space. One of our favourite is buckwheat "kasha", port or chicken meat balls, and, of course, pancakes with fillings.

It is plain impossible to list all the options here. What is always good about those pancakes is the quality of dough. It is excellent. Ask to complement it with sour cream.

They have selection of cheaper ones, then "filling" ones, then savoury and finally sweet ones - and many more! Our favourite are chicken liver pate with fermented cucumbers, and with salmon, and, of course, with red caviar.

Drinks include straightforward teas and coffees, plus Russian kvas, mors, and even alcohol free glintwein (if there is such thing...). Kvas is excellent. You can have draft beer, too, if I remember correctly.

To sum up: one can have a snack here, quick meal, or full lunch. Just like they claim it, food is of a restaurant quality, and we can passionately confirm it. The bill for a rather good lunch for one person would run into USD10, though you can have your lunch for half the price.

Been there umpteen times, will come more, and will highly recommend to anybody.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Based on other reviews i visited Teremok which is a russian cuisine fast food so i could give a try to some traditional dishes such as pelmeni and red caviar crepe. The place is very basic and unfortunately i was not excited with the food. Basically its a russian pancake place offering also some pelmeni. I went there 9:30 in the evening...but they didnt have most of the things on the menu. I personally didnt like the food offered.

Date of visit: August 2018
Маруся Т, Главная по блинам at Teremok, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Hello!) We are very sorry for this( Hope to see you again anyway, we'll do our best!