See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2014

Everything is perfect in this hotel.
1-Price reasonable
2- They have very good wi-fi coverage
3- spacious rooms (studios, I didn't try the standard room)
4- Most important, the hospitality and warmth. They offered us a hot just cooked breakfast at 4:30 AM because we were checking out early.
5- They have the cheapest in room minibar service I have ever seen

Room tip: Choose a studio. THe standard room has a very small bed as seen from photos
Date of stay: December 2014
2  Thank Mostafa K
Reviewed January 14, 2014

There is very usual in Russia to have such expensive hotel in not very big city. The hotel is of soviet style. The smoke-filled lobby. The music is too loud and not good. The room is too small. Not very clean room. It is not cosy. The breakfast is awful, the choice is absent at all. It is sad to pay such money for this level. I would give 1 star ad maximum. Not recomended.

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank KatiaKatia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

By far the worst hotel service I´ve ever had. Construction inside the hotel until midnight, called them several times and they don´t care, tipycal russian mentality, Lot´s of noise, no coffee for breakfast and they don´t speak english at all.

Date of stay: September 2013
3  Thank transilvana
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

The best hotel in Kursk. Located in the center of the town, but you have to walk uphill to reach the central streets. Clean rooms. You can choose either smoking or nonsmoking room. ask for upper floor and you'll have good view on town. Free wi-fi internet. Breakfast is good, but not excellent.

Date of stay: March 2013
1  Thank maxim_mos
Reviewed February 4, 2012

During a brief stay in Kursk, a work colleague and I were booked into this hotel. We did not stay the night as we had arrived on an overnight train from Moscow and were returning to Moscow that evening. The hotel had been booked for us so that we could have a shower, do a bit or work and leave our cases somewhere.

We arrived early in the morning from the train and were pleasantly surprised by the welcome at reception. The girl on reception spoke good English which is just as well as my Russian is totally non-existent.

Even though it was -24C outside, the hotel was warm like all buildings seem to be in Russia. They must burn a lot of gas. The hotel was not over warm, and I am sure that I could have happily slept a night there.

Our rooms were very comfortable. The only small issue is that the bathroom is quite small and the toilet is quite a tight fit up against the basin. This is balanced by the good shower unit that takes up quite a section of the bathroom. This was most welcome after an overnight train journey.

There was free WiFi easily picked up in the room, so I could do a little work. The fridge in the room contained a small mini-bar. I did not bother with this, but there was a reasonable selection of items. A kettle and a cup and saucer were provided, but no tea or coffee.
I did notice that I had to be particularly careful when leaving my room (505) to ensure that the door was properly closed. Once, it seemed closed, but the catch had not fully engaged.

The reception area was good. There were places to sit if you so wished, and there was someone playing a piano.

Breakfast was served in the restaurant in the basement. There was a good selection of food with a mix of the Russian take on continental and cooked breakfast. I was pleasantly replete upon going out for the day.

At lunchtime, we had a meal in the restaurant. The waitress did not speak English, but we were with Russians, so it was not a problem. They did have an English translation of their menu. This was most helpful. The food was good, but for some reason the service was a bit slow. I am not sure why.

Checkout was efficient.

I would happily go back to this hotel. It is a medium size hotel. As such, I think that it is able to give a good service.

Date of stay: February 2012