See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Very clean hotel, for European or American standard good middle class. Free and relative vast wifi internet connection. Nice and good breakfast buffet.
It would be nice if the hotel staff would speak a little bit more English, this would make communication easier.
Rooms are a bit notice due to street-noise

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2016

This hotel is for the INTERNATIONAL traveler...excellent staff...excellent location...excellent food and quality rooms...I am an American and my first ime here and in the city...bottom line is I will be back!!!!

Mike Sweeney
WPC

Room tip: Talk to the staff about your needs...they will help!
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank irnmike2016
Reviewed November 3, 2015

Recently stayed here for a few days for business trip, I was expecting more for a "top" hotel especially for the staff to have such little or no English as all. Very difficult to translate what service I would like for to done. The food prices were good and reasonable and loved the random entertainment at night. Overall, I was somewhat satisfied with the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2015

Since my adolescence, Russia has been an inviting and enigmatical country for me. However, I had never had a chance to visit it before this August, when I was invited by my old Russian fellow, who currently lives in Kursk city. Honestly, my first impression was a bit disappointing, but then I found out that there are many advantages of living in such a provincial town. Hotel "Avrora" was kind enough to offer me a comfortable room with everything I basically needed. I would highly recommend this hotel for people who are foreigners and can't really speak Russian. The hotel's stuff gave me a warm welcome and I enjoyed all the charms of the Russian cuisine. Looking forward to coming back to Kursk. I never thought that I would ever say that, but WOW, I love Russia!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank aksel62
Reviewed September 27, 2014

Because last two years many hotels ыtart to post their tripadvisor Stars, there is a temptation to verify the rate. Hotel is not bad. But it is not definitely 4* hotel on the US scale. Rooms are big, but their ventilation is insufficient. Thre is a linited facilities offer. Breakfast is not impressive. Clean. Staff is friendly. Dont buy drinks in the lobby bar - Walker and Daniels are falsified for sure, others probably too. Location is far from the center - not for tourists definitely

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
AvroraKursk, Директор по продажам at Avrora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2014

Dear Guest, we thank you for the review! Besides the rooms there are several facilities in our hotel: restaurant, lobby bar, banquet and conference halls, sauna, infrared sauna, a fitness room, a solarium, a transfer in any direction, tours, catering, event organization. As for the drinks in our bar all products comply with all the requirements and have official certificates of quality, including whiskey Johnnie Walker and Jack Deniel`s. We could provide you with all the documents on your next visit to us. Welcome to our hotel again!