See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 21, 2017

I was booked in to this hotel at the last minute - as other reviews say, it's one of a complex of three hotels and rather more basic than the other Perla hotels: no pool etc. Room was fine, with excellent free wifi, but the cleaning was fairly sporadic. Didn't try the breakfast, which is in the main Perla hotel restaurant. Staff were friendly and helpful, but the front desk lacked any information about the city or a street map, which would have been very useful. For my purposes the location was extremely convenient and there is a good restaurant just outside.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2017

The hotel complex has three hotels. I stayed in Perla D'oro for one night. The area where is located the hotel is quiet, but the room cleanliness is desirable. In the bathroom and in the shower cabin we found the hair. Even, the toilet seat was dirty. Coffee at the breakfast was not self-service, it is ordered at the bar. That was not bad, because it's better, but no one of the restaurant staff served me. I had to ask at the bar.
In conclusion, it's a little expensive for what it offers.

Room Tip: Not Perla D'oro Timisoara.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2015

I have been accommodated many times over the past years in Perla hotel, but last week I stayed first time in Perla d'Oro, next to the hotel where I used to stay. They offered me apparently a room not standard, business, of course more expensive , with 50% (NB!!).
But, ... surprise I got a terrible business room: the carpet was dirty, the bed line were not changed, the wardrobe had three poor hangers , none of them for trousers, even tough is assumed to be a business room !! The soap dispenser in the shower was empty, and the bathroom not very clean.
Well, I invited the receptionist , she agreed that the room was not prepared and she changed with another room. This one was a bit better, I mean the almost the same problem with the carpet not cleaned, the hangers seemed to be gathered for free from the cleaning shop, the cabin shower not fixed and made water on the floor.
The next day I spoke with the manager, she recognized that they have problems with the personnel and she agreed to make a discount the room price.
Therefore I advice you to check carefully once you check in , to claim for all the issues and to ask for a big discount whether it happens the same like with me.
Anyway I expect an outcome from the hotel management and I would 'not recommend this hotel for a 3 star/business standard .

Room Tip: Yes , please choose a good room... in other hotel !
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2014

The room is large, the bed ok, service fine, free wifi, average breakfast....all ok for a 3 stars hotel, except for the cleanliness. The toilet was not clean and there was an hair on my pillow. Maybe I was unlucky....

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2014

The room was large and clean. The location is good: a 15-minute walk to the center (Piaţa Victoriei). The staff were very kind and helpful, and happily answered various questions about the city. The breakfast buffet was reasonable for the price. On the downside, the internet connection was quite unstable, though it was fine when it worked. Also, there is no ironing board in the room, and the only option was to pay a little for the ironing service; but that is customary in other hotels in Romania as well. The restaurant is pretty good for dinner, and there are other close places as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business