All reviews underground parking orthodox cathedral art deco building comfortable king size bed elegant hotel city centre superb location rooms are big the hotel offers bega river breakfast was excellent air conditioning business trip third floor opera square great room night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

Art Deco building well maintained and updated. Excellent location with views of the Orthodox Cathedral from street facing rooms, convenient on site parking, modern and well equipped room and bathroom, accommodating and professional staff, breakfast buffet was fine, price was good value.
We stayed twice in room #108 which faced the street with a small private terrace, and windows were sufficiently well sound proofed to minimize traffic noise. Interior decor is not too inspiring but no matter, bed was comfy.
A complaint that I communicated to the hotel is that bedroom carpeting is stained and in need of replacement. Shower a bit tricky since spray is hard to prevent from wetting floor.
Several excellent restaurants a few blocks away, easy walk to lovely pedestrianized historic core of town, right across from canal and tow path. We visited during winter and can imagine how nice this city would be in warm weather. Hope to return some day. City is slowly renovating and restoring in anticipation of 2021 as Cultural Capital of Europe so should definitely be on anyone’s Romanian itinerary destinations.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2018

We only stayed one night. The rooms were comfortable, the service was excellent. The buffet breakfast was delicious. The hotel is located walking distance from the Bega River, the Orthodox Cathedral, the Synagogue and Opera Square.

Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel wright in the heart of city center but do not ast the reception details abot the city or transport . I ask about option UBER and she told me in Timisoara it is forbiden UBER . I got a Taxi Tudo at her recomandation and ( gues what ) . Taxi driver forgot to start the clock machine fo the miles and at the destination i been charge 5 time the price . I know that becauze i open my app Uber and i see it is working in Timisoara . I got a Uber to go back to the Hotel and i payed only 10 lei instead of 55 lei as the Taxy Tudo driver take of me . Shame on you Hotel Savoy and i am very disapointed with your staff . As i mention up , Nothing wrong with the hotel it self .

Trip type: Traveled solo
Hotel S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Thank you for you feedback. We are sorry that you had such a bad experience with a taxi from Timisoara. I have 2 questions for you:

1. Why you didn't check you Uber app before asking for a taxi?
2. If you had such a bad experience with the taxi driver why you didn't make a formal complain ? The taxi driver was called from our reception phone. It is very easy to find the driver and take the necessary action to prevent this type of behavior and, of course, recover you money.

WE understand that our colleague has given you wrong information's about Uber service, and we are very sorry for this, but is not our fault that the taxi driver overcharged you and he didn't start the clock machine.

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Not perfect, but nice enough for a 2-night stay. Large bedroom (Room 114) facing the back yard of an adjoining residential property (which looks abandoned or vacant), so there was no issue with street noise. Furnishings provided ample closet room for our luggage and clothes. My wife wore the white slippers provided which served to show that the carpets could use a good cleaning. WiFi worked fine. We had breakfast both mornings of our stay. Very nice selection, but pricey. Location is about a 12 minute walk to Piata Unirii.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Before going to Timisoara I was afraid as didn’t know about the services there. But I didn’t regret that I chose this hotel. Stuff was very friendly and smiling! Good hotel. There is a small parking in front (free). Rooms are light and very pleasant looking. Everything is new. Very comfortable big bed, new bathroom. New TV. Very good restaurant inside the hotel. Breakfast is good and tasty, traditional - with omelet, sausages, vegetables. there were fruits on the breakfast- that was a big plus as in most hotels as a rule there is no variety of fruits.
in 10 minutes there is a big square with fountains and cafes for walking. Right in front of the hotel there is a park which is very beautiful.

Trip type: Traveled with friends