“Very good breakfast, nice hotel... and cheap too”
Review of NH Timisoara

NH Timisoara
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Timisoara
Bucharest
“Very good breakfast, nice hotel... and cheap too”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel is new (about 2 years old). I am not sure if it is a new building or is a refurbished older building (but my guess the latter is true).
Anyway, on the outside it doesn't look very nice, but in the interior is very nice. The hallway, the rooms, the stairs, everything is well done.

It is advertised as a 4 star hotel, but I would say it is a very good 3 star business hotel. Some materials and the finishing details are not quite 4 star.

The breakfast is great though. With 3-4 types of eggs, and many types of sausages, bacon, It is quite good.

The amount of money paid was about 50 Euros/night for a single room!!! This is really cheap. I think it was some promotional discount at the time, but anyway - the normal price is about 70 Euros / night, which also is a fairly good price.

One can reach the center of Timisoara very easily from this hotel, and it also has the advantage of leaving for the airport very easily from this hotel, as it is not right in the heart of the city.

The hotel service is very good. I asked the reception (on the phone) for ironing a shirt, and in 3 minutes a person came into my room, took it, ironed it and brought it back after 10 minutes. Very prompt.

The reason I am giving it 4/5 is because of some finishing details and materials that really should place the hotel into 3 stars category, not 4.

A wood strongly recommend this hotel especially for business travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ionutvasilescu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Serbian first
Bucharest
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night, during our way back home from the hollidays and overall we enjoyed this place. the room was very spacious, very well equipped and clean. the breakfast was very good and with plenty of choices. In terms of distance to the city center it was not very close, 20 minutes walking and no map available at the front desk. We had to ask around and we had to cross a park through an area with no lights in the evening. The staff was not very friendly, seemed a little disturbed to be asked directions to the city center. We could not find in the room or at the reception updated materials on the city life (events, eating, etc). But overall a very nice hotel where we may return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip, rooms are modern, clean, large and nice. I like the service and breakfast. The hotel was not that close to the city center, to far to walk in my opinion.

I was not so pleased the morning I wanted to leave. There was only one desk clerk and there was a long queue to be able to check out of the hotel. It took me about 30 minutes and my colleague who was so nice to offer me a ride to work had to wait for me. Not pleased with that. How difficult is it to fix that...
Next time I take the hotel closer to the city center.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NannefromTheNetherlands
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed May 18, 2013

With the beautiful park view, perfectly clean and we'll equipped room I think it is a great choice for a hotel in town. Breakfast is adequate and meticulously presented.
Parking is available for free and they have bicycle rental which is a great way to explore the city.

• Stayed May 2013
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a lot of nights spent in this hotel and its one of my favorites. Helpfull staff, fully equiped rooms, good bar and restaurant, oustanding breakfast. The location is good, close from center, 10 mins walking distance. Almost anything that I have ever required, they offered me. If the hotel will have lcd/plasma tv's in all the rooms it will be perfect.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

After many visits to Timi, this was my first stay at the NH. It is a fairly new hotel, backing onto the Peoples Park. Reception staff are friendly. Bedrooms are comfortable, well furnished and clean. Wifi is free and reliable. Breakfast buffet offers good choice. Hotel is located 20 mins from airport. Only negative point is that the hotel is a good 20 mnute walk from the mainsquare in the city where all of the restaurants are located.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cumbria
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is a great hotel in TImisoara, really modern and the rooms are done to a high standard.

We stayed for 2 nights (non-consecutive) the 2nd night we got upgraded to a larger room, with queen size bed and double bathroom, which was a nice touch because we were a repeat customer.

There was a good breakfast spread on with a selection of hot and cold buffet food, along with various choices of freshly squeezed juice, coffee, latte, cappuccino, etc

We ate in the restaurant and found both the food and wine to be of very good value.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful and overall we had a very comfortable stay.

The only complaint was the air conditioning in the bedrooms didn't work and they were extremely stuffy, but really we should have complained and got it fixed but we didn't.

We will definitely book this hotel again upon our next visit to Romania.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business