“Best accommodation in Timisoara”
Review of Hotel Lido

Hotel Lido
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Timisoara
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've been at Lido for the New Year's Eve Party and stayed for 2 nights. Everything was perfect. The stuff in the reception was really helpful explaining us even what to visit in Timisoara, as we've been there for the first time.
The hotel provided us with free parking locked and monitored via a camera system. The interior of the hotel was equipped in a luxurious, elegant style.
The room (we had a superior bedroom) was clean, good sized, had a nice LED TV, free wifi, satellite TV, in-room safe, minibar, air conditioning, hair dryer, telephone, even a work desk.
We've also been offered free access to the sauna and fitness room, which was very good equipped.
The party was in the Lido Ballroom and this is a magnificent location. The meas was fabulous, tasty and lots of dishes... congrats to chef by the way.
The price was very good as well as we booked directly from their website - you get really good deals this way :)
At the end of the day we had an amazing time at Lido and will go there any time will visit Timisoara - it really was 'our home in Timisoara' as they state on their website.
Congrats guys for everything and look forward to seeing you again

Room Tip: Choose a superior room and always check their website for good deals
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ovidiu81
LIDOTimisoara, Manager at Hotel Lido, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Guest ,

We thank you for your kind words but we only did our job because our motto is '' Your home in Timisoara',because we try to improve our services every day in order to maximize our clients'satisfaction.I am very happy that our team could provide you a pleasent staying.

Thank you for choosing us!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Lido

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was the kind of experience with hotels I'd like to have all the time!!! I'm travelling a lot and had the pleasure to stay in very beautiful rooms worldwide, but at Lido, besides the good accomodation I felt like I was in my cousins house: great taken care of and spoiled! Beautiful rooms, beautiful people, beautiful period! I will come again for sure!!Try it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank MarcelMartinas

Dear Guest,

We appreciate a lot that you have choosen to stay in our hotel .
I also want to highlight that our duty is to improve our services'quality every day.

Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel does not deserve 4 stars. I attended several trainings and conferences in this hotel. They do not really pay attention to details. The conference room "Gold" is not well enough ventilated, and once we could not make a conference call due to the lack of equipment, although we have mentioned that we need a phone for the conference call. This winter they did not clean their own parking so it was full of snow and ice. The food is kind of bland and it comes in rather small portions. And a very important detail: the chairs are horrible, not ergonomic at all. After 8 hours spent on a training your back hurts really bad.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Emina79
LIDOTimisoara, Manager at Hotel Lido, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate that you expressed your disapointing in obtaining your maximum satisfaction therefor I have to respond to you:
I do not know about your qualifications in ranking a hotel .I have to tell you that with all room amenities ,hotel services and sqm spaces we could easily (was missing a outdoor swimming pool) obtain 5 stars.
Regarding the conference amenities ,if you would have seen the e-mails when it was contracted the conference ,you would have seen that I didn't provide telephone service only in other two conference rooms with extra costs(please gather all datas before expressing yourself).The chairs in conference rooms are conference-chairs with attachable write-desk used in 90%of hospitality industry.
Regarding the meals , together with our Maestro in International cuisine (I will provide its qualifications in international,asian,mediteraneean cuisine if needed) we created conference -menues with calories calculation in order to avoid sleeping atmosphere after the lunch at a resonable agreed -tariff with your company.
We are always opened to any pertinent suggestions .

Best regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I spent 7 nights at the Hotel Lido, with my wife, returning home yesterday. We had travelled to Timisoara for the wedding of a young friend ( incidentally he was brought up two blocks away from the hotel) who has been our house guest for two years as he studies theology in Liverpool. I arrange the trip - flights and accommodation through lastminute.com whom I have used before. I received all of my documentation and it was completely in order.

When we checked in, our young friend who had met us from the airport was with me, I passed over the voucher for our 7 nights bed and breakfast accommodation and was duly given my room key, they copied my passport as ID - not needing a credit card imprest as the accommodation was pre booked and paid.

We enjoyed our stay, breakfast was self service and substantial, but had the problem that a number of other hotels have of keeping the hot food hot. The restaurant staff were particularly attentive - we had invited friends to meals (up to 12 on 3 occasions) and brought considerable business to them - paying for this as we went along. We enjoyed the food, it was nicely prepared, well presented and there was a good range of choice. The young woman who seemed the oversee and manage the restaurant introduced us to some fine Romanian wines. The restaurant staff were excellent, the room staff were good and the room was clean and well presented. Reception staff were generally helpful.

The hotel is convenient for transport, the bus, trolley bus and tram stop outside, and the taxi rank is close by. Travel is comparatively cheap and the licensed taxi drivers, with their meters are excellent value. 4 people travelling for less that half the cost of a bus fare in Liverpool.

My review ceases to be postive at checkout. I was forced to pay even though a voucher had been presented for prepayment - I was unable to contact lastminute by mobile and felt intimidated into paying - particularly by the swarthy, unshaven individual who came out of his office waved papers at the receptionist - a young male which idnicated that I had paid tried to pay by American Express but they hadn't had payment in advance. I am now pursuing the matter with late rooms. To retrieve my money. This spoilt what was a pleasant, though average hotel experience.

I shall be visiting Timisoara again for an important conference but not, I am afraid the Hotel Lido - I have also warned the conference advisors about my experience and my Romanian friends who are local to the hotel were very upset and apologetic when I told them last evening. I am still uncertain as to whether this is a scam or a genuine error but I am certain lastminute will rapidly investigate and set matters right and reimburse.

Room Tip: Upper floors seemed safer and more secure.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MerseysideAlan
LIDOTimisoara, Manager at Hotel Lido, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Mr.Ryan,

I must appologize for your last impression about our hotel,taking account that all your staying you appreciated cuisine and staff,and it was spoted at departing.We advised travel agency months ago regarding the impossibility of AMEX prepayment.We accept AMEX as a payment method but not in advance because the bank is requesting some conditions for advance Amex payment.Regarding the receptionist's attitude and look ,he was penaltied due to our internal conduite code.

I present my appologize for all this unpleasend situation!
Best regards,

E-mai:manager@hotel-lido.ro

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed in October 2012. Paid ca. EUR 53/single/night incl. breakfast.

It is that kind of hotel which wants to make an impression, so the lobby and ground floor restaurant are equipped accordingly. Outside of the hotel there are several flags of various countries so we should know that this is an "international hotel" in southern outskirts of Timisoara. I have spotted unusual concentration of cars like Porsche Cayenne and Range Rover at the parking. But maybe that was just a coincidence.

Floor layout is quite strange, it looks like the architect was drunk or insane upon designing the floor plan. Long corridors with strange curves and stairs up and down... There was no hot water in my room upon check-in but I was told the matter will be fixed later in the evening, which actually happened. But I had to wait some hours. I was satisfied with the food quality in the restaurant.

Conclusion: I will probably try another hotel when I am next time in Timisoara as I feel no urge to come back. But if I need to stay here again, I will know there is no big harm to do so.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Steffff
LIDOTimisoara, Manager at Hotel Lido, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

The cars parked in our parking is no coincidence according to our occupation.We appreciate the fact that you enjoyed our cuisine.We accept all pertinent suggestions,but appologize me if you are not an architect you shouldn't express yourself about the architecture, because it was buil taking account of ground basement.
Our work is to please all customers and we accept all suggestions in order to progress.

Thank you for visiting us!
manager@hotel-lido.ro

A TripAdvisor Member
Bucuresti
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The hotel is OK but located far away from centre. A bad point is the parking. We choose this hotel because we seen a parking on the Internet page but has been occupied mostly by TM cars. At reception, they told us to come later to find a place. The reception personal prefer to stay in the next room than to the desk. Shortly, never again by this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with fru.pl
LIDOTimisoara, Manager at Hotel Lido, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

I appologize for the inconvenient.I also can tell you that the receptionist was punished 10% of his month salary.Regarding the parking issue ,our hotel provides free parking for 35 cars,and in that day it was a matrimony and a conference(for you I am sure it is not important) but in order to clarify I must provide you all detailes.I am not happy with these situations but I am sure that you could see some things you liked also.

Best Regards
+40 756 059 302

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 1 teen and 1 kid) stayed at this hotel for nearly a week during July. We had a family suite which was beautifully appointed, comfortable beds and the linens were so nice!!. We were there durning a very hot period and the airconditioning worked great! The hotel is located not very far from the downtown area, we took a cab to the centre and also to the Julius mall, both were less than 10 lei ( less than $3) The staff were very professional and very friendly. Breakfast in the morning was buffet style with a pretty good selection. The roof top terrace with jacuzzi and swimming pool were a huge hit with the kids!! Over all, we had a very enjoyable stay and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Timisoara.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank trixy12

Dear Guest,

I must thank you for all good words and also I hope that you will give us the chance to host you in future.

Best regards