All reviews outdoor pool conference area the upper floors nice hotel four nights panoramic view recommend this hotel good size city centre business travel walking distance mini bar continental breakfast location is great hotel is located nightclub spa
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I had the most unpleasant staying to Continental Hotel in Timisoara. I stayed for 2 nights, during the day I had meetings in the Hotel. In one break I went to the room, where for my surprise the door was wide open. No personal was in the room, an after 5-6 minutes a maid come, not asking who I am, or what’s going on. My laptop an my purse was there, and the lady had no problem about leaving my door wide open, for God knows how long. When I ask the reception for an explanation or for a supervisor, they give me an email address to write an complain, and they not even give me an excuse.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2019

I have stayed here previously, throughout my business trips to Timisoara; i considered the very good location might compensate to some downsized services and, in general, hotel design, both exterior and interior.

Well, i shouldn't have been this optimistic about them. And for sure from now on, they are out of my list of options for Timisoara.

In my last review i wrote that the facilities are old and needs refurbishment. Well, i couldn't sleep all night (a windy might), as i was under impression that the noise will fly my bed away soon; the isolation is very very poor.

Considering this, still, in the morning, i asked at the reception what is the late check our procedure and policy; i confirmed the free late checkout at 1pm instead of 12pm, in order to try to recover for some sleep, and with the possibility to announce a further payment for a late checkout at 6pm, as per hotel policy. Well, at 12.10 all the phones in the room were ringing desperately to wake me up and announce i have to check out, as i am already late with that; i tried to confirm once again i have announced and confirmed already a late check out, kindly asking i should to get my sleep. 5 minutes later, housekeeping enters the room, without knocking, checking anything, to announce i have check out at 12 and i should free the room,,,,, i guess not much is to comment.

As, in my opinion, the basic function of a hotel and the reason for which people use that is to get a rest and sleep, and then comes all the other stuff. So, this hotel HS NO ABILITY TO DELIVER THIS BASIC FUNCTION, OFFERING A PLACE TO SLEEP/REST, I will absolutely cut if off my list and recommend everyone that ask me about Timisoara to try to avoid it. And i am recommending everyone that doesn't want to gamble they rest time, to try to find an alternative solution first.

Not to mention they position themselves like a 'high-class'hotel in Timisoara.... terible, just terrible.

Room tip: There are no good rooms.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2018

I booked a room at Continental Timisoara and in my mail I requested an early booking if possible. I was promised that if they have available rooms I will get an early booking.
The check in was very smooth and they gave me a room at 10AM .
The room was on the 8th floor and very clean, quiet and pleasant.
Plenty of toiletries in the bathroom.
The staff is very helpful and friendly.
The breakfast is very good and rich.
I enjoyed the spa and the swimming pool.
I had a very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Mihaela11
Reviewed December 17, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights

Hotel was modern good price including breakfast

Rooms spacious with a fridge

Heated towel great for drying things - was required due to large snowfall over two days.

It was somewhere between average and very good.

Aspects to be improved - towels not very big hairdryer poor breakfast hit and miss. Decor a little old fashioned especially bathroom.

Good stuff - good room and large beds very warm - sometimes too warm. Friendly helpful staff. Great location

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2018

We stayed here for 1 night. It is a great location, very close to the city centar, parking is available. The rooms are a little old-fashioned and not really comfortable beds. The breakfast is very good. Great view over town from the upper floors.

Date of stay: September 2018