“By local standards, this is better than many.”

Plaza V & Plaza V Executive Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Tirgu Mures
UK
“By local standards, this is better than many.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Don't get me wrong, there is lots I don't like about the hotel and I wouldn't stay here by choice, but they do get many things right. There is an excellent and attentive concierge when you arrive, and the staff are very polite and friendly. The breakfast is excellent and the menu in the evening looks extensive. the rooms are OK and much better equipped and appointed than the sister hotel (Business and Conference Hotel) on the outskirts of town. Well located its a good base for whatever you're here for.

What isn't good is the bonkers design, the painfully slow elevator, the VERY smoky café/pub (which stopped me from staying inn there) and the uncomfortable twin bed pushed to be a double(Maybe I was just unlucky?). Thankfully there was a non-smoking part of the restaurant but Romania needs to understand it can no longer smoke it's visitors like a kipper and expect us to enjoy. Especially now you're part of the EU.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Wellpastit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The room was beautiful, the only downside is the lack of parking spaces. They could also provide toothbrush + toothpaste and a bathrobe. Food was ok, if you are not pretentious, otherwise go somewhere else :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I wanted to surprise my boyfriend and I actually did, with the Romantic Weekend package! I couldn't decide better, because we received a great room - with a beautiful design. Of course we had a magnificent massage , a very delicious romantic dinner in our room and a very tasty breakfast – to mention with champagne. It was exactly what we wanted: professional service, smiling people and great facilities! We will definitely come back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Being in the city center was important to us since we didn't have a car. The Plaza V was a logical choice since we'd read favorable reviews from other guests. We were not disappointed.
From the moment we arrived at the front desk their attention to detail and efforts to make guests feel welcome and comfortable were obvious. Rooms and common areas were clean & well maintained. We needed some email forms printed, scanned and returned by email while we were here. Catalina at the front desk accomplished this in just minutes and sent us an email confirmation to our computer in our room when the transaction had been complete. Breakfast buffet food was very fresh with a wide variety of foods. We chose a room on the back side of the hotel and it was perfectly quiet, day and night. Non smoking rooms were much appreciated.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are very quiet and make for good sleeping
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Good, modern and stylish hotel in the centre of town. Rooms are a good size and importantly are non-smoking - quite rare that this is enforced in Romania. My room was a little noisey until the early hours as the hotel faces the Main Street which is lovely on fine evenings. Not a big issue for me.

Air conditioning worked well (phew!). Breakfast was good with nice coffee. Evening meal with fine (pasta)

Service was fine but nothing special. Could be more professional or more friendly as at present they fit between the two.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Washington Boro, PA
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our compliments to whomever trains the staff at the Plaza hotel, they were wonderful and it was a pleasure to have such old-fashioned service. It is just a great hotel and we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was excellent and our room very nice and hip. You can walk everywhere from here and the view is lovely.
I'm not sure that our a/c was working correctly, it was cool in the evenings but the room felt a bit stuffy even though we had set the controls for almost cold.
My only knock is that is was impossible to make reservations online. I went through the website and was told I'd be receiving an email confirmation of our registration but never did. I ended up asking a friend who speaks Romanian to make the reservations which worked well, but we didn't know that until we actually showed up at the desk after traveling for 10 hours. That's a bit more work than I like to do when I have to arrange to multi-destination vacation.
One other neat thing about this hotel - it had the best in-room TV selection of all the hotels on our trip. I'm not sure what made it so special, but Romanian TV is very entertaining.
Thank you for a delightful stay.

Room Tip: Our room, 400, was fine but you might ask to see your room before you get settled, I understand ther...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

THe hotel is very cool and located right on the plaza in the heart of Targu Mures. You can walk to everything in Centro from the hotel. Prices are reasonable and all of the rooms are decorated well. Free wi-fi throughout. My only knock is the AC. I switch rooms due to a non-functioning AC for a room that was not much better. The staff were great, very friendly and served as valets when needed. I would recommend staying here and definitely eating breakfast at the restaurant downstairs.

Room Tip: Get a room on the plaza side for the hotel for the best view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
#2 of 12 in Sighisoara
Casa Savri
Casa Savri
#3 of 12 in Sighisoara

Been to Plaza V & Plaza V Executive Hotel? Share your experiences!