Plaza V & Plaza V Executive Hotel
Hotel PRIVO(Tirgu Mures)
$89
$78
Priceline
Hotel Imperial Inn(Tirgu Mures)
$69
$90
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat hotelreception deskcentral locationroad noisesmall townthe room was nicefree wifibedside lampsromanian hotelshotel is modernexcellent breakfaststar roomsnice presentationstayed for nightsparking placebooked this hotelparking space
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Being in the city center was important to us since we didn't have a car. The Plaza V was a logical choice since we'd read favorable reviews from other guests. We were not disappointed.
From the moment we arrived at the front desk their attention to detail and efforts to make guests feel welcome and comfortable were obvious. Rooms and common areas were clean & well maintained. We needed some email forms printed, scanned and returned by email while we were here. Catalina at the front desk accomplished this in just minutes and sent us an email confirmation to our computer in our room when the transaction had been complete. Breakfast buffet food was very fresh with a wide variety of foods. We chose a room on the back side of the hotel and it was perfectly quiet, day and night. Non smoking rooms were much appreciated.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are very quiet and make for good sleeping
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Good, modern and stylish hotel in the centre of town. Rooms are a good size and importantly are non-smoking - quite rare that this is enforced in Romania. My room was a little noisey until the early hours as the hotel faces the Main Street which is lovely on fine evenings. Not a big issue for me.

Air conditioning worked well (phew!). Breakfast was good with nice coffee. Evening meal with fine (pasta)

Service was fine but nothing special. Could be more professional or more friendly as at present they fit between the two.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our compliments to whomever trains the staff at the Plaza hotel, they were wonderful and it was a pleasure to have such old-fashioned service. It is just a great hotel and we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was excellent and our room very nice and hip. You can walk everywhere from here and the view is lovely.
I'm not sure that our a/c was working correctly, it was cool in the evenings but the room felt a bit stuffy even though we had set the controls for almost cold.
My only knock is that is was impossible to make reservations online. I went through the website and was told I'd be receiving an email confirmation of our registration but never did. I ended up asking a friend who speaks Romanian to make the reservations which worked well, but we didn't know that until we actually showed up at the desk after traveling for 10 hours. That's a bit more work than I like to do when I have to arrange to multi-destination vacation.
One other neat thing about this hotel - it had the best in-room TV selection of all the hotels on our trip. I'm not sure what made it so special, but Romanian TV is very entertaining.
Thank you for a delightful stay.

Room Tip: Our room, 400, was fine but you might ask to see your room before you get settled, I understand there is a range to styles.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

THe hotel is very cool and located right on the plaza in the heart of Targu Mures. You can walk to everything in Centro from the hotel. Prices are reasonable and all of the rooms are decorated well. Free wi-fi throughout. My only knock is the AC. I switch rooms due to a non-functioning AC for a room that was not much better. The staff were great, very friendly and served as valets when needed. I would recommend staying here and definitely eating breakfast at the restaurant downstairs.

Room Tip: Get a room on the plaza side for the hotel for the best view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved this hotel, the rooms were stylish and spacious. The staff all spoke good English and were polite and friendly. Food and drinks were very reasonably priced, had a scrumptious meal in the restaurant and breakfast was also very nice. The spa was a luxury touch, and levente the waiter just made our night, he was lovely.
The others that deserve a mention are the two guys on the front desk on Sunday (17th march) night, they were very helpful and also extremely friendly laid back and welcoming. Loved this hotel, would recommend and will definitely be back in the future!!

• Stayed: March 2013