“Good hotel, nice rooms”

Plaza V & Plaza V Executive Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Tirgu Mures
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Good, modern and stylish hotel in the centre of town. Rooms are a good size and importantly are non-smoking - quite rare that this is enforced in Romania. My room was a little noisey until the early hours as the hotel faces the Main Street which is lovely on fine evenings. Not a big issue for me.

Air conditioning worked well (phew!). Breakfast was good with nice coffee. Evening meal with fine (pasta)

Service was fine but nothing special. Could be more professional or more friendly as at present they fit between the two.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our compliments to whomever trains the staff at the Plaza hotel, they were wonderful and it was a pleasure to have such old-fashioned service. It is just a great hotel and we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was excellent and our room very nice and hip. You can walk everywhere from here and the view is lovely.
I'm not sure that our a/c was working correctly, it was cool in the evenings but the room felt a bit stuffy even though we had set the controls for almost cold.
My only knock is that is was impossible to make reservations online. I went through the website and was told I'd be receiving an email confirmation of our registration but never did. I ended up asking a friend who speaks Romanian to make the reservations which worked well, but we didn't know that until we actually showed up at the desk after traveling for 10 hours. That's a bit more work than I like to do when I have to arrange to multi-destination vacation.
One other neat thing about this hotel - it had the best in-room TV selection of all the hotels on our trip. I'm not sure what made it so special, but Romanian TV is very entertaining.
Thank you for a delightful stay.

Room Tip: Our room, 400, was fine but you might ask to see your room before you get settled, I understand ther...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

THe hotel is very cool and located right on the plaza in the heart of Targu Mures. You can walk to everything in Centro from the hotel. Prices are reasonable and all of the rooms are decorated well. Free wi-fi throughout. My only knock is the AC. I switch rooms due to a non-functioning AC for a room that was not much better. The staff were great, very friendly and served as valets when needed. I would recommend staying here and definitely eating breakfast at the restaurant downstairs.

Room Tip: Get a room on the plaza side for the hotel for the best view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved this hotel, the rooms were stylish and spacious. The staff all spoke good English and were polite and friendly. Food and drinks were very reasonably priced, had a scrumptious meal in the restaurant and breakfast was also very nice. The spa was a luxury touch, and levente the waiter just made our night, he was lovely.
The others that deserve a mention are the two guys on the front desk on Sunday (17th march) night, they were very helpful and also extremely friendly laid back and welcoming. Loved this hotel, would recommend and will definitely be back in the future!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in mid November 2012. The hotel location is very central thus if you cannot find available space in the hotel parking you have an issue.
Room was very comfortable and clean, with LCD TV, tea and coffee. The bed was a little bit too hard for me, but not disturbing too much.
The breakfast is great, where you have many dishes to choose from. Too bad that there were so few vegetarian dishes.
A recommendation for hotel staff: try to improve the access to parking space. It is not comfortable at all to park the car in front of the parking door, get out from the car, enter the hotel, ask for the door opening and get back to the car.
Overall, I will definitely come back to this hotel.
I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mihaela N
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel has different rooms. Some of them are really nice and elegant. But others are not at all 4 star rooms. Right now I'm staying in a very small room which has only a bed, a tv set, a minibar, a safe box and ... something that they probably consider a table - placed right under the tv. In fact there is no table in the room! I have to stay in bed in order to use my laptop. There is no chair in the room - only a bar-type chair, not a normal one. There is no closet in this room - just a very small open space near the window where you could hang a few clothes; there isn't any shelf.

And in the bathroom the shower cabin is not properly sealed, therefore after a shower at least half of the bathroom floor is wet - this could be very dangerous, you can slip and fall.

The only positive thing is the spa - and for this reason I booked this hotel once again, even if I had a previous experience with this room type. I've also stayed in a normal room, which is indeed a 4 star room (but the shower had the same problem).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mianna
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I spent one night in this very modern design hotel. It was a very pleasant stay. The hotel is located in the city center, so it is ideal if you would like to discover Tirgu Mures. The hotel has own parkplaces (complimentary). At check-in you can choose your room from a monitor (I really liked this solution). The rooms are big enough and they were created with fantasy - I liked the unique furbishing and the colorful architectural solutions. The rooms are clean and new, however the ones facing to the street are a little bit noisy. The breakfast was good, you can have even a glass of champagne during breakfast. The price is excellent, in other West-European countries you would pay at least double for the same room and service.
I can really recommend this hotel, absolutely a good choice.

Room Tip: Rooms facing to the street are a little bit noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business