Review Highlights

Bogdan09
Brasov, Romania
via mobile
Zoo Targu Mures

No, I'm not a kid and my boy is no longer a child. But that doesn' t mean we don't go to Zoo... read more

Reviewed October 6, 2018
Isabela L
Tel Aviv, Israel

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Tirgu Mures
from $51.50
More Info
All reviews entry fee huge playground nice area great variety of animals big cats long walk nice place to spend nice walk pleasant surprise exotic animals bears elephants cages space forest romania carts
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The entrance is 20 Ron, a bit much I said at the beginning, but when I saw that they have elephants, giraffe, kangaroos, zebras, camels, it was totally worth it. Quite a drive till there, but a nice walk in the zoo is good. Plenty of places to eat and drink, beautiful and plenty of parking spaces. Worth it! Best in Romania I’ve seen so far!

Reviewed October 6, 2018

No, I'm not a kid and my boy is no longer a child. But that doesn' t mean we don't go to Zoo :)
Nice place for a walk and a lot of animals and birds.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Awesome place to go out and enjoy a great time, especially with the children. They have a great variety of animals and the area it's really well organized.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

One of the largest in Romania, this zoo hosts a lot of animals in very good conditions. Large spaces for bears, wolves, large herbivores, elephants, africans predators and a lot of birds. There are specials carts for kids to be taken in tours. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We did not have high expectations at the entrance as Targu Mures is not a big city but the organization and the variety of animals here rivals with the Bucharest Zoo . I liked that you can rent small karts to carry the children for free which of course is a plus already from the start. And they have elephants, lions, tigers, monkeys, bears, lions so pretty much what a kid expects from a zoo. We recommend.

1  Thank Valentin C
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

The Zoo has a big parking lot, a big playground outside. The park is huge, lots of trees, benches are everywhere, you can find many tables where you can eat something light.
The animals are in excelent condition and they have big and even huge cages.
From the parking lot till the entrance in the Zoo (about 500 meters) you can enjoy a ride with the mini train.
Is a must see, especially if you have children or you are young in your heart.

1  Thank Olivia D
Reviewed August 15, 2018

Nice place for the children and for the whole family. I recomand it for big walk in the forest. Nice animals.

1  Thank Szabados A
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

This was a truly refreshing trip we did. Both the kids (3y, 1y) and us (parents - 33y) were charmed, excited, amused, surprised by the different animals that we saw. We walked a lot. We drank a lot of water during this trip. We laughed and had fun.
And then, at the end, we went for a 60 minutes run, jump, hide, laugh, slide, climb, swing adventure on the kids playground in front of the zoo. And we totally enjoyed the day and the place. And the panorama over Tg. Mures from the hill was also exciting. It was an awesome day to remember.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Great place for everyone. I liked it , kids loved it.
Placed in the woods with great areas for animal watching.

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We visited from the UK & we were quite torn, the zoo is a good size, and well maintained, but the animal enclosures were not big enough for some of the animals. The fox (a nocturnal animal) had no shelter and paced around in its enclosure, it should have been asleep, it was clearly anxious & very underweight. A pile of rotting meat was heaped in the corner, the animal looked very sick.

We saw many other underweight animals, the Deer, Wolves, the Goats & the Bears. In particular the Bear & Cub that we’re separated seemed desperately hungry, there were remnants of watermelon in their cage, but they were reaching through the cage to eat leaves, the mother bear was fighting the Cub for food. She must have been starving.

Whilst we enjoyed seeing animals like Bears, Wolves, Lynx etc up close, the poor condition of the animals upset us. The vulture was also tethered to A tree which seemed very cruel. I hope the Zoo takes note and feeds the animals more. In the UK Zoos like this are closed down, because the welfare of the animals is the priority.