“Need a complete renovation”

Continental Tirgu Mures
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Tirgu Mures
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights while I was in town doing a training seminar. My customer had arranged for the seminar in this hotel. I was given a suite on the 10th floor. Everything needed to be renovated - and I mean everything! It just wasn't a good experience. The internet was intermittant in my room but ok in the lobby. The bed and bedding were old. There was never any hot water in the shower - rather tepid. The breakfast was meh - too many processed food items.

We had two dinners and lunch her and it was just ok for me. The service was good and attentive.

Really, there are probably better options than this hotel. It needs some TLC to get it back in shape.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Continental Tirgu Mures

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The taxi driver recommended this place.

I wanted a cheap clean room with air conditioning and wifi, and that's what I got. The decor was basic, but I liked the way the seat covers, the curtains and the bed spread were all of an identical design. The staff were very cheerful and spoke good English. I was on the tenth floor, with lovely views accross the square. I think only the tenth floor had air conditioning though, so maybe ask about this.

I disagree with some others on here. I didn't like the buffet breakfast. Warm cheese, cucumber and a range processed meats (think salami) didn't do it for me. I had been hoping for something approaching a full english. Eventually I had cornflakes.

They had an internet computer with a printer, so I was able to print off my plane ticket.

Room Tip: The top floor has airconditioning - not sure about the rest.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Conveniable in the center . If the place is crowded you can not get parking place. Rooms are OK but elevatot does not stop on every floor and it is limited to 3 person , because it is too old. Recommended only for a short stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Positive aspects: good location and price, very decent breakfst, clean rooms
Negative aspects: all the hotel is old fashioned and out of date. The sanitaries are poor, no air conditioning, old furniture, 90s style, elevator very small and old. We took the stairs up to the 6th floor, due to small elevators' capacity as we were a large group, and they were quite dirty and neglected.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel looks large and the entrance lobby is rather grand, a theme continued into the rooms which have dark wood panneling that may become a bit oppresive for anyting longer than a few days. Our room had a bath which was a nice after days of shower. Reeption was staffed by an incredibly helpful gentleman who had excellent english and most importantly the bed was very comfortable!
We found this a cost effective hotel (after searching and comparing) in a fntastic central location overlooking one of the squares

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Not a great beauty and furnishing rather dates, but right by main square where all the sights are and got a 9th floor room with great views of the city. Breakfast basic and servcie slow but plenty of other options nearby.

Room Tip: Higher flloors for views of city - we were on the 9th
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Darren W
Reviewed March 30, 2013

It's a good hotel, very large and located next to the main street, everything is clean and the reception looks good, but the room, although it was freshly painted, bathroom had a very old, rusty radiator and wood windows colorless, despite that the sleep quality was good and very cheap for the area.
They have a fixed price of room for two for € 28
I have to say that when I stayed, began to make repairs at 830am. Could feel from the bed noise and vibration.

Room Tip: Chose the view to Trafarilior scuare
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pabloggy
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Continental Tirgu Mures, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Please accept our gratitude for choosing the services of Hotel Continental Tirgu Mures and thanking for positive reviews

Accept our excuses for the inconvenient and allow us to use your suggestions justified in wanting to raise the quality of our services so that at forthcoming stay to meet your needs and expectations.

Thank you for being our guest and we will be waiting for you to visit us again.

Kind regards,