“Rare, good italian restaurant in Transilvania”
Review of La Teo Restaurant

La Teo Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Tirgu Mures
Cuisines: Italian, International, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hello! Ciao! Szia! Salut! La Teo, No. 1 Alexandru Papiu Ilarian street (right next to the Medieval Fortress and "Petru Maior" University). We specialize in Italian style dishes and International classics. Our restaurant is unlike most restaurants in the city: we use only fresh local produce and Italian DOP traditional specialities. We serve illy espresso coffee and house made cakes and deserts. La Teo is self proclaimed to be the city's friendliest restaurant, run by a friendly owner Teo and his family.
Sfantu Gheorghe, Romania
“Rare, good italian restaurant in Transilvania”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

One of the few Italian restaurants which have a really good chef, and this means good food! Without it would be just another fancy, overpriced restaurant. But the italian food is almost perfect.
Positive: good chef, nice furniture, good wines
Negative: smoking is allowed! I never liked those restaurants where the smokers and non-smokers are not separated. I think a restaurant should be only non-smoker. The romanian beers are available only in small bottles and there are very overpiced. Waiters could be nicer as well.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Carsteanu

• Hungarian first
Bucharest, Romania
“Overpriced”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I ordered a grilled turkey breast and some pickles. There wasn't anything that would impress my taste buds.
The service was a little bit strange. Due to waiter's impatience we had to order in two rounds: first order for me and one of my friends and second for the rest of the friends. When I ordered the pickles I specifically said that if they contain vinegar I do not want. The waiter assured me that the pickles were not made with vinegar. The waiter brought me the pickles, they had vinegar, of course I did not eat it. At the end, when the waiter took the empty plates and of course the almost untouched dish of pickles, he asked me: they (pickles) are with vinegar, right ? No apologies, no refunds, no reaction, nothing. I would expect at least not to pay for something I did not want and did not eat...

Overall the food is average and overpriced. The service could be improved a lot.

• Visited November 2012
Transylvania,Romania
“Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Here,one can taste the real Italian food,as the chef spent some years in Italy.I always choose it when I want some home made tagliatelle,some florence steak(fiorentina) or a good carpaccio.Very good wine selection,prices are ok,but not cheap.Worth going,as is the only place in town where you can really eat "a la italiana"!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Horatiu D
Hong Kong, China
“Best italian I had in Romania and good service”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We came here this summer with a grup all the way from Sighisaora, Draculas city, and worth the trip cause is also near the medieval citadel of the Mures city, so we had a visit of that to.

Our guide said that it's the best italian place in Romania and because we love our italian back home we really canceled our last Saturday night plans in Sighisaora.

I had a slice of pizza, it's really thin and full of mozzarela. However, I choosed the Beef Chateaubriand stake still. It was the best, really I had this good only in the US, and the americans know their stake I might say. The kind waiter said that it was an argentinian stake so I had to go for it. The italian red wine was a delight to.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Steve W
Montreal, Canada
“free sauna + free cigarette smoke inhaling”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The restaurant does not have a terrace (which is fine, right, because there would be an air-conditioning system working, right ?)

HOWEVER, once we got in:
1. It was hotter inside than outside (in July !) => air-conditioning was OFF / not working.
2. A thin curtain of cigarette smoke hit us right from the door. Why? => there is NO separation (two distinct areas separated by a door, or so) between the smoking and non-smoking sections of the restaurant. The only "separation" is the front and the back of the restaurant. Come on!
3. The waiter's attitude was negative. He did not apologize for this, although I told him that it smells the cigarette. He was not willing to talk to us, gave us the menus and took off right away => not welcoming at all.

Now, I understand that the menu could be good, and the food could be good.
However, first impressions count. Who would want to have supper in there, when it's too hot, you breathe cigarette smoke and the attitude of the waiter is bad ?

We left right away. There are other choices downtown.

• Visited July 2012