“Good for overnight next to airport”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Denisa

Hotel Denisa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Otopeni
Kastela, Croatia
“Good for overnight next to airport”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Finished our business trip in this hotel. It is 2 km away from Otopeni airport. We had a early flight and didn't want to risk so decided to stay here. Service was polite but not good, rooms are ok, even we booked a twin double we had only towels for one persona also our colleges had same problem. As it was after midnight we used what we have unstead to call and wait. Door from shower was broken so I had problem to get in the shower and after shower I had the wet floor.
The hotel was almost empty so the staff could have chosen a better room for us. But like I sad for that few hours’ sleep everything was ok.
Breakfast is 7 euro extra charge, all of us had breakfast but we didn’t eat almost nothing because it wasn’t that delicious, bakery was at least one day old!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Trempealeau
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

When I first checked in, they put me in a room with someone else's stuff. When I went to the counter to report this, they quickly put me into a different room that was a free upgrade. The shuttle to the airport is free, and they were willing to pick me up from the bus stop as well, but I did not have my phone set up for international calls so I walked back - about 1 km. They also took me to the airport to catch the bus in the morning and let me check in very early (before 8:00am). I realize I probably shouldn't compare this to US hotels - but even in comparing it to the hotel I stayed in the night before in Ploiesti, I have to rate this as average.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed one night as it is convenient to airport and has a free shuttle service.
Modern purpose built hotel, although some of the fitout seems cheap.
Good value, helpful staff .
The restaurant was exceptional

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We only stayed there to rest after a long flight around the world, prior to the last leg of our journey. They do have a free shuttle to/from the airport which we took advantage of. They were supposed to meet us at the airport at a certain time. This was confirmed by e-mail right before and we gave our flight information. Our flight was on time, but they were not there. They were supposed to meet us holding a paper with our name on it. We were walking past the line of people waiting for others, hoping that maybe we just missed our name. Unfortunately we had to call them. It meant using the pay phone. It meant that we had to buy a pay phone card, but without RON's since we just arrived, we had to first find an ATM at the airport, then go buy the phone card, then another 10-15mins. to learn how to use their phone. Once we called them, they arrived in about 10 minutes. This added unnecessary stress to us who were very, very tired of getting no sleep before the flight and then a 15 hour journey right before. The driver was nice, but barely spoke a word of English. The hotel is about 15 mins. away by car in an industrial area, about 30-mins. away from the city. So don't even think about staying in Otopeni if you want to visit the city. The room was decent, bu it was so unbearably hot, which was strange considering it was still middle of March, when it's really cold there. The air-conditioner didn't work, so we opened the window and with Romania's stray dog population, it was dog barking non-stop. The rooster woke us up in the morning and the hotel called to wake us up at the time we asked them to. We booked through Venere.com and used a 4% coupon code. When it came time to pay, they told us that we needed to pay the amount before the discount. After letting them know about 4% Venere discount, they didn't seem to understand. I had to go search for the confirmation and bring it to the front desk person, which was a hassle when you're already stressed right before your flight. They took us in their super full shuttle to the airport. They had to put a couple of our bags not in the trunk, but have someone we didn't know hold it in the front seat. The worst thing is that they forgot to pick us up! If it wouldn't be for that, I'dd add 2 more stars.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a working air conditioner.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

The greatest part about this hotel is its staff. From the moment I arrived the guy at the reception was very welcoming and also caring asking about what time my flight was, making sure I would be taken care of. I expressed to him a little concern I had which was totally unrelated to the hotel and yet this receptionist offered to help without any advantage/benefit to him whatsoever.

This put me in a great mood and I was also very appreciative when the receptionist heard about my early flight and he was making sure he had the exact time so there would be a driver there to take me to the airport on time. I wasn't too concerned because I was prepared to pay for a taxi since I was so close to the airport anyway but the receptionist insisted there is no point in paying for a taxi and besides I may not be able to get a taxi going to the airport at that early time. So the receptionist was really concerned in the good sense of the word with making sure that I get to the airport without any problems. In the end someone I was travelling with picked me up the next morning.

The room was decent and clean, the minibar prices were reasonable as well, the lift was working and everything was fine. The only issue was the shower temperature which kept changing on its own but other than that everything was fine. Just be careful if you have kids with you as they may get possibly burnt by the water in the shower.

Personally I have no probalem whatsoever recommending this hotel and any concerns you have you can take up with the friendly staff. The hotel owner/s should feel very proud of their staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Appreci8life
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I had a 6:00 AM international flight out of OTP. I was looking for a hotel near the airport which was inexpensive and which provided free transfer from and to the airport. Hotel Denisa proved to be perfect for this purpose.

I arrived at the departure terminal taking the airport bus #780 from the rail station in the city. I had some one call the hotel and within 10 minutes, they picked me up. Normally they pick up from the arrival terminal. Next morning they woke me up at 3:40 AM per my request and dropped me at the airport by 4:00 AM using their own car.

I made my reservation on www.booking.com and paid 35 Euros for a single room without breakfast.
I paid using my Master Card at the hotel.

Check-in was fast and the staff was polite, hospitable and very helpful.

My room was basic but clean and spacious. Bad was comfortable also. Bathroom was clean and had a shower stall.

Since I arrived in the evening, I had to have a dinner. There are no restaurants near the hotel but the hotel has a its own restaurant across the street. There was a good variety of items on the menu. The food was good and service was also excellent. I had the restaurant bill charged to my room.

So if you need to sleep over near the airport and not looking for a 5 star hotel, bars, choice of restaurents etc, then this hotel will definitely serve the purpose.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed one night (March 22nd) on our way to Bucharest. The hotel is located out of town in a semi industrial area. It was clean small room with very basic facilities. We've chosen to stay there because we arrived late at night to the airport and this hotel offerd free pick up and was the closest . Otherwise it is not excititing at all........

Room Tip: Choose only if you need cheap hotel near the airport. Make sure reception got your exact flight deta...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otopeni
Rin Airport Hotel
Capitol Hotel
Capitol Hotel
#9 of 172 in Bucharest
Hotel Charter Otopeni Airport

Been to Hotel Denisa? Share your experiences!