“simple and efficient....”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Otopeni
London, United Kingdom
“simple and efficient....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed for one night in October 2011. Room was spacious, very clean and well appointed.We arrived after midnight but it was no trouble for the receptionist to get us some teas..brought directly to the room. We also wanted some train information and was promised that it will be there in the morning... it was,
The morning receptionist gladly made some calls for us to another hotel in Sovata where we were heading. He also arranged a pick up for us near Sovata.
The only drawback was a mediocre breakfast with limited hot food.
Be sure to ask the hotel for a pick up from the airport when you book, as it can be close to£20 for the few kms ride in a taxi. The pick up is complimentary.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bernieralph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Florence, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I have stayed on many trips. For the price you cannot beat it. It is not close to anything commercial, but it serves the purpose, especially with the free airport shuttle. I disagree with those who feel Romania is unsafe. I've walked to Otopeni and the highway from this hotel (probably one-mile) and never felt threatened. The staff even took me to the bank machine the first time I stayed there. I have always found the rooms to be comfortable, the staff to be friendly and helpful. The taxi ride to and from the city runs about 35 to 50 lei depending on traffic and destination. If you stay at Marriotts or Hyatts, you will be disappointed. If you're used to Holiday Inns and Super 8's, then this is your place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank fsgiii
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

It's a very nice hotel, 3 minutes from the airport, they provide transport to/from airport. It's quiet. There is a very good restaurant 20 m from the hotel (in a huge tent on the parking lot).

It can be hard to find as there is an error on google.maps - just go to the right (not to the left) from strada 23 August and hotel is aroung 800m to the left.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Lewiston, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

My wife and I spent the night at the Hotel Denisa before she caught an early morning flight out of Otopeni. We have stayed at other hotels in the area and the Hotel Denisa was so much better than the other places we have stayed in the area I was compelled to write a review. I was able to book and pay for the room on-line. This is something I am not accustomed to doing in Romania. There were no extra charges beyond what we paid when we booked the room. The room really was a non -smoking room. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The hotel is a great value compared to other options in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdblack59
Baia Mare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

was really well surprised by this hotel especially the staff who came to meet us somewhere as we could not find our way at about 1.00 a.m. ! room are nice, clean, quiet and breakfast ok! not best view from rooms but it did not matter as it was for short stay. only minus are the toillet seat wich is extremly high. for elephants:)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lebada
Bryn Mawr, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

I am surprised at the negative reviews I read here, because I have had nothing but really good experiences with the Hotel Denisa on the two occasions I stayed there, in February 2010 and in January 2011. In fact, I am going back to Romania in April 2011, so I booked the Hotel Denisa again.

The hotel is very clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. Yes, the beds are hard, but that seems to be the case throughout Romania.

There's an excellent restaurant in a connected building, as well as a very nice little bakery with soft drinks, beer, etc.

The staff is very professional and polite, and speak English. The morning shuttle is reliable and quick.

My only complaints would be what someone else mentioned, that the signage is poor and it can be difficult to find, especially since the roads around the airport are a veritable rabbit warren, and that the elevator is slow. (Big deal.)

But all in all, it's a very nice hotel for a very reasonable rate!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank patbiswanger
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

I stayed at the Denisa because I had an early morning flight out of OTP airport, and they advertise free airport shuttle. The hotel was simple and clean. The employees were nice and the front desk employee spoke English. The room was simple but clean. The shower was fine with ample hot water, and soap/shampoo were provided. I had a rental car, which I returned to the airport the night before my flight, and the hotel promptly picked me up when I called. They also shuttled me back to the airport at 4:00am. The hotel is located about 5 minutes from the airport by car, but it is somewhat difficult to find, located on a side road with poor signage. If you use the shuttle, then finding it won't be a problem. Finally, the was some noise from barking dogs but overall the experience was positive.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank walperta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otopeni
Rin Airport Hotel
Capitol Hotel
Capitol Hotel
#9 of 172 in Bucharest
Hotel Charter Otopeni Airport

Been to Hotel Denisa? Share your experiences!