“Comfortable Airport hotel”
Review of Confort Rin Resort

Confort Rin Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Otopeni
Reviewed April 25, 2009

We recently stayed one night at Hotel Confort Otopeni after a late flight. The hotel is only a few minutes by car from the Otopeni Airport. We didn't book a free hotel shuttle bus but managed to get a ride. As you come out of the airport, turn left and hotel shuttle buses are parked there.

Reception staff are friendly and fluent in English. Our twin room was spacious, clean and quiet. I don't think there are too many flights in and out of Otopeni late at night so plane noise was not a problem. Airconditioning was not so great and the room was very hot. We ended up leaving the window open instead. It might be a problem in summer. The bathroom was also spacious and clean. In the room, there were flyers about the hotel night club which seemed like a strip club in the pictures?!

Buffet breakfast included in the rate was good. A good range of cold and hot food were offered.

The hotel called a taxi to the main train station for us on a friday morning and the traffic was pretty bad. The ride was 70 Lei but the driver insisted he had no change for our 100 Lei so just ended up giving him the lot. On the way, he lied to us about train costs and times and tried to convince us to take his taxi to Brasov. Even the taxi driver booked by the hotel was dodgy!

Overall, Confort Optopeni is a good hotel if you need to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 24, 2008

This budget hotel is on the main expressway across from the airport, advertising rooms for 75 Euro. The hotel is large, new, clean and has large enough rooms.

It is not very interesting, so mainly used as a one-night before or after a flight. Free shuttle to the airport, so great choice for catching an early-morning flight. Free WiFi Internet, but need to bring the computer to the lobby to access the Internet.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2008

After being told by the daytime staff that room service would be available in spite of weeding having booked the restuarant when we tried to order we were turned away. The daytime staff both in reception and in the restaurant told us it would not be a problem. Being late diners finding out at the last minute was extremely inconvenient with the typical Romanian shrug we were turned away by the evening manager. As a very frequent international traveller with dozens of countries in my past, this is by far the poorest I have ever been treated by a supposedly 4 star hotel. I've had far better service in many third world countries. I would not rate this hotel over 2 stars.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2008

Stayed in August 2008 for one night on my flight out of Bucharest airport to the states. The big plus is the close proximity to the airport and fairly prompt shuttle service pick up from the airport and drop off back to airport unlike what some of the reviewers have said. Either I got lucky or the other reviewers were not so lucky. Make sure you call the hotel as soon as your flight lands and you are out- by the time, I claimed my luggage and walked out, the shuttle was waiting for me. Also, got a wake up call and an on-time shuttle drop off back.

The room was basic but clean. I ordered room service and more or less satisfied with the food. Remember the golden rule- don't just order steaks everywhere you go in the world- every country has their own specialties- in Romania, pork and chicken are generally better than the beef. I had a nice bulgarian salad, grilled chicken and Ursus beer.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Stayed here because it was super close to the airport, and cheaper than the 2 (only 2!) other hotels nearby. The front desk was polite and accomodating, but that's where the good stuff ended. The hotel was old and musty, and even after a shower, it was hard to feel real clean in this hotel. I think we paid about $90 Euro for the night, which I believe is thier standard, walk-in rate. I think this is by far the most we paid for any hotel room while in Romania, and it was by far the worst!

The attached restaurant is quite a joke. With cloth napkins and tablecloths, they pretend to be an upscale establishment. But service is slow, and the menu is far too limited for an airport hotel restaurant.

Try to book a nicer hotel ahead of time, so you won't be stuck with this one!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2008

The basics of this hotel have deterioriated since I last was there. The rooms are very utliitarian - okay for the night before a flight. We were delighted, however, at the restaurant. A party of 8 of us ate there, after a week in Romania with great food, and some of us had one of our top meals here.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed December 23, 2007

I stayed at the Confort Hotel on December 8,2007. Things were
bad enough when we landed in Romania. The fog is the Thickest, i 've seen in my lifetime.. good thing we landed safe, blind but safe.

The arrival didnt start off right, because Air France did not transfer
my luggage in time. IT WAS STILL IN PARIS!!!!!, got out the airport to catch a cab to the hotel. Guess what!!!????. The cab drivers
were fighting in front of the arrival lobby over a customer, i mean FIGHTING!!!!. I told the another cab driver the name of my hotel, he pointed in some direction telling me that it was close by and that i can walk there...because the distance was too close. he was looking for a LONGgggggggggggg fare, can u imagine this???? walk to the hotel,in the heavy fog ...????.. man....i was thinking i just want to get to the hotel, check in...get some grub at the hotel resturant and down an ICE COLD beer. Finally a cabbie said he will take me.. but , he said that he doesnt want to use to meter.... WOW!!!!!. lucky me?????!!!!!. i then insisted on him to put the meter on....he did..but the tariff was not correct.....man..i was too tired from the long trip from Nagoya,Japan, i just wanted that beer.

Checked in the Confort Hotel in Otopeni, only to find out that my reservation was LOST....???in this day and age?????? LOST.??

But the front desk clerk assured me that the hotel had rooms available. I paid 71 euros with breakfast included, then proceeded to my room at the farthest corner of the hall..no sweat, whatever man...i wasnt about to complain..too tired, too thirsty and too hunger to put up a fight.

Put my only belongs i had, since my luggs were STILL IN PARIS!!!!, Then proceeded to resturant to get some grub and suds. BOOM!!! the beer was PREFECT!!!!! man i forgot about everything before that....that is....until the food came....Geeeezzzzzz USSSSS!!!! the meat was lukewarm and extremely HARD..I could use that pork chop as a DISCUS. I just gave up after 2 bites...my jaw had enough and the knive wasnt cutting it either..so i settled back to my room with the beer in hand . cause' it seemed that was all the satisfaction i was getting that evening. ..showered and got ready for some zzzz's until i layed down..THE BED WAS ROCK,ROCK HARD, THE PILLOWS WERE NOT PILLOWS, THEY WERE SOFA CUSHIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!SHOCKED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!.

I was so dissappointed that i really just gave up, i had 3 more brew's so the effect of the bed didn't really matter. But, wait........its 3am and i hear racket on the floor above me....wow..is that hammering???? is that furniture moving????? is that hammering again????? no way dude..not at 3am ..THAT's IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!. APPARENTLY NOT SO!!!!!!!. YES fellow traveler's Confort Hotel Otopeni decided that they wanted to do repairs to the rooms and building at 3 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

i didnt sleep after that......i just eat breakfast, actually , i ate more than my 6euros worth..i got stared at...but i didn't care, that was my small victory for staying at THE WORST hotel ever... this place bBEATS the Aloha in manila by 10 football fields... JUST TERRIBLE!!!!!.. SO PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM HERE IF YOU ARE IN BUCAREST ROMANIA FOR THE NIGHT FOR A NEXT DAY TRANSFER. PLEASE , PLEASE STAY AT THE GOLDEN TULIP HOTEL.......A BIT PRICEY BUT......the service is farrrrrr better ..

Peace