“good but tricky”
Review of Rin Airport Hotel

Rin Airport Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Otopeni
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I arrived on the airport at 10.10 p.m. (5 minutes earlier than the schedule)
the shuttle for the hotel is scheduled once every hour, at 30 minutes past every hour...I phone at the desk one day before my arrival to ask for 5 or 10 minutes more...i was refused without comment
I was lucky enough to get my luggage early and I arrived at the bus station at 10.11 p.m. The shuttle already intended to leave (because the drivers watch was 3 minutes earlier...)
The rooms are clean the hotel is quite, they have also a good indoor pool
Last time when I left very early in the morning I got breakfast with me in the bad which was excellent
This time they only offered us a tee or coffee at the bar, some water (in 1.5 L bottles) and some muffins at the bar as well...I would refer the nice personal bag

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Pusa_ChP
RINHotels, Reservation Manager at Rin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Mrs. Pusa_ChP,

I would like to thank you for choosing RIN Airport Hotel services and for taking time posting your review on TripAdvisor.

Regarding your remark about the complimentary transfer from/to airport I inform you that is based on a preset schedule and you can find it on our website( please check : ''Services'' section) or at the Front Desk.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable and clean rooms and our complimentary service from the RIN Aiport Health Club.

Also we inform you that we offer complimentary Early Bird( coffee, croissants, pain du chocolat, variety of tea, sparkling water and still water) for all of our guests who have an early check-out. The breakfast is served in our restaurant from 06:30-10:30.

Concerning your feedback on TripAdvisor we would like to inform you that we are always thankful for any points or comments that help us to improve our service and our quality.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Not my favourite one in Bucharest.
My business partner accommodated me there. Low quality breakfast
Very close to airport with own free of charge shuttle bus. Rooms need renovations especially bathrooms are in need to run improvement. Internet works in rooms only with cable, slow Wi-Fi at lobby. A quite often-large group from Asia stays there what might be annoying if you waiting to check out or check in in long line at reception.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank AdrianDamian

Dear Mr. AdrianDamian,

Thank you for your review about RIN Airport Hotel posted on TripAdvisor and for staying with us.

We constantly aim to improve ourselves and therefore we are grateful for your comment.

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment at breakfast, even though our offer consists in 47 different fresh items (including soft drinks).

Regarding your remark about network connection I want to inform you that we offer for all of our guests FREE WI-FI and the possibility to use both wireless or cable connection FREE in the rooms. I am sorry that you have experienced some inconveniences. After we checked the reports regarding the low WI-FI signal, we discovered that we had a problem with one of our server, which we fixed immediately .Consequently we verified and improved entire network. With the regards to our rooms I want to inform you that we constantly make improvements and renovations.

Looking forward to welcoming you to your next visit in Bucharest.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I booked a room here for only a night. The hotel is located very close to the Henri Coanda Airport, there is a shuttle that takes you from the airport and also can take you back to the airport. The personnel is not so talkative, they have an impartial face and do not seem to wiling to give you to much advice.
Being next to the airport, if you have the window open, you can not rest too good because of the noise. The rooms are large. The minibar is seems to be almost empty (there were only bottles of water and some juice). In case you arrive in the midnight, you might stay hungry until the next day. The bathroom is clean, but I did not like the towels that looked a little yellowish instead of white. The breakfast is OK, not so many types of food, no yogurt.
The prices are very high so.....for the same money, I think you could take a taxi and go in Bucharest, at another quite hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Oana-Maria C
RINHotels, Manager at Rin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Mrs. Oana-Maria C,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at RIN Airport Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms and our free shuttle bus from/to airport.

I inform you that you have the possibility to order at Room Service, 24/24 hours and you can dial directly from your room or you can find the details on our Guest Directory.

Regarding your remark about breakfast I want to inform you that we have a large variety of food (47 items including soft drinks) and we have 4 types of yoghurt( strawberries, apricots, with cereal and natural yoghurt). I'm disappointed that the rest of your stay fell below your expectations. These events in no way reflect the high service standards that we have set for our guests.

I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve our services.

Resevation Manager

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The problem of this hotel was inflexible and bad service - definitely not a 4-star hotel.
No smile from the reception staff members, they were rather useless, if not rude (did not know the phone numbers of airlines, although this was supposed to be an airport hotel, right? well, they did not make any effort to find out for guests). If they did not want to feel any responsibility, they kept saying "I ask my colleagues" - then nothing happened. No room service menu in my room so I had to go down to a restaurant by myself. The restaurant refused to sell wine by glass, only by bottle - this sort of inflexibility was not pleasant at all.The food price was reasonable, but the quality was not. They insisted that I had to pay right now and refused to (or simply did not know how to) charge the food bill to my room (so that I would pay when check-out, like usual 4-star hotels ...). The room was ok. The shower curtain was so short that the floor became very wet after shower. The only nice thing I experienced was a small terrace where I had breakfast, watching flying airplanes.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank anonymous-visitor
RINHotels, Manager at Rin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Mr./ Mrs. anonymous-visitor,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at RIN Airport Hotel.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast on our terrace from Rustic Restaurant.

In order to check what exactly happened during your stay would you be so kind to send us more details at the email address roxana.ene@rinhotels.ro.

I assure you that we are trying to maintain our services at the highest possible standards and I am sorry about the inconvenience that you have found..We take training of our staff very seriously with the aim that all our guests have a very positive experience in our hotel.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

perfectly placed for the traveller, with free shuttle service to airport (or about £5 in a taxi) and wi-fi. staff very helpful and friendly and food/drink very cheap. rooms immaculate and very comfortable. breakfast catered for all tastes. cash point in foyer ( not that you'll need much) would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Angus F
RINHotels, General Manager at Rin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Mr. Angus F,

Thank you for choosing RIN Airport Hotel for your recent stay and for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations and made your stay a pleasant experience. I assure you that we are trying to maintain our services at the highest possible standards. Our entire team valued your appreciations about our services and product.

We look forward to having you as a guest at your next visit.

Dragos Strinu

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This hotel is ok if you manage to get the cheaper (no breakfast included) online rates. Their official rate was pretty expensive for what they offer. Room was ok although the beds were the smallest we have had in a long time. We requested two separate beds. AC was ok but slow to cool the room down. Bathroom was ok but the shower area was pretty small. No coffee maker in the room. The pool area looked ok but was incredibly hot and humid.
Did not have breakfast but heard some complaints from other members of our group about items running out.
Had dinner at the hotel. Service was not that great and it was slow. Food was ok but portions were small and overpriced. Water and soft drinks were very expensive. I would not eat at their restaurant again.

There is another hotel very close to this one and I believe it is cheaper.

I would probably check out the cheaper place if returning to Bucharest, unless I can get the online rate for this hotel. I believe this other hotel also has a shuttle to the airport.
Shuttle worked ok for us but I had to ask about it and also had to ask how often it runs. Staff at check in although friendly, did not appear too willing to volunteer much information in general.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarracenia
RINHotels, Manager at Rin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Mr./Mrs. Sarracenia,

We would like to thank you for choosing RIN Airport Hotel services and for taking time posting your review on TripAdvisor.

Providing our guests with the best hospitality and service has been always our mission and we truly value their opinions.

We offer our guests the possibility to choose the best rate with or without breakfast. We want to inform you that we have a limited number of rooms at the rate without breakfast and it depends on our availability. Also we inform you that we offer Early Bird( coffee, croissants, pain du chocolat, variety of tea, sparkling water and still water) for all of our guests who have an early check-out.

We are glad to hear that you used our complimentary service from the RIN Aiport Health Club and we will take in consideration your remarks.

We look forward to welcoming you in the next future and delivering you the professional and friendly customer service levels that so many of
our guests have experienced and continue to enjoy at the RIN Airport Hotel.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

It must be said that this is an airport hotel and can only be so nice, but does have nicely decorated, clean rooms to spend the night.
A major negative was the checking in experience, led by a rude staff member who took a long time to put everything in. Did not make us feel welcome at all.
The hotel offers two restaurants –a modern and a rustic, traditional one. Breakfasts are offered in the rustic one but are not necessarily included in the room rate. You must confirm this otherwise you will be hit by a bill – maybe even while you are still eating! In our case, the hostess came and dropped off the bill while our grandmother and others were still eating at the table.
Staff may need a bit of customer service polishing up – both the night time reception and restaurant staff. Other issues with breakfast; ran out of multi-grain bread, hot water for tea, basic black tea bags mid-way through the breakfast buffet hours and we finally had to ask for these things – no replenishing on their own!
The bathrooms in our rooms were odd, though large, the shower stall was quite small (and I am petite person) and the shower floor plastic was uncomfortable. Drainage was also slow for a newer building shower drain.
They have lots of paid parking – but there are no in/out privileges even with a full day rate, you must pay again if you leave during the day and come back.
The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to take you to the airport which leaves on the hour, every hour.
Location wise, although it is close to the airport, one thing to keep in mind is that when you are returning from the city (and heading towards the airport) – the hotel sits on the left side of the divided road. There is no way to make a left turn for it and you must drive on for a bit and turn around to come at it from the other side of the road. There are huge banners and signs marking the hotel location, so you can't miss it.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mr./ Mrs. ashes7,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us.We truly appreciate your remarks about our good location and great service. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the check-in experience. While these events are inexcusable please know that they do not reflect the high service standards that we try to provide to each of our guests.

Regarding the breakfast buffet I would like to inform you that usually we refill it before any item is consumed. Starting our guests' days off right with a good breakfast is very important to us and we are very sorry to hear that the items you desired were not available at that time.

We are glad to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle bus from/to airport offered to our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again at your next stay in Bucharest.

Dragos Strinu

Also consider these accommodations in or near Otopeni
Vienna House Easy Angelo Bucharest
Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest
Hotel Christina
Hotel Christina
#1 of 169 in Bucharest

Been to Rin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!