“Overall ok, but far from advertised quality”
Review of Hotel Agape

Hotel Agape
Ranked #55 of 56 Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Very interesting setup, large rooms and a dirty glass pyramid in the courtyard. Hotel not insulated, extreme cold or extreme heat in the rooms.

Situated in the city center, which is cool, but unbearable noise during the night, which is a shame. If you want a place to relax and rest, this is not it.

Producing an invoice took the clerk some 20 minutes.

The price is too high for the services it offers.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Skystalker
Hotel A, Manager at Hotel Agape, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

We understand your concern and appreciate your feedback.
We will take all the necessary measures to ensure that the next time you will have a more enjoyable experience

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Booked the hotel for 3 nights and I was quite disappointed of what I found when I got there. Old, cheap furniture, "moving" and a bit uncomfortable beds. Luckily I did not have to pay the full price as I found a very interesting deal on www.booking.com
Good points: location, big rooms, cheap parking places just in front of the hotel, helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank mihand

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I was here in February 2012. I booked a 3-nights package through booking.com because of the very good price. It is advertised as a 4-star hotel, but it is not.

The rooms are big, but the main problem is the furniture. It is old and of very poor quality, with beds making noise and being very small and uncomfortable.

The services are good and the location is good, with cheap parking space right in front of the hotel. But if I had to pay the full price of the hotel, I would be very disappointed. It is a 2-star hotel with big rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AndreiDRSB

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Hi, stayed here one night after booking the place over booking.com (50% less than what I was quoted over the phone)! The hotel was ok, its clean and very good location. But its also very basic and would require some renovation. Would stay here again if I need a cheap hotel in the centre of the town. You should not stay here if you are expecting something with personality.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 4, 2011

We booked our hotel through booking.com and when we reached the hotel the receptionist said they had not received any booking from us. We found our voucher and presented it then only he started to look through the reservations that were printed out and found it. It was not a problem because there were lots of vacancies in the hotel. But if the hotel had been fully booked....then what?
Apart from that the hotel was good value, guest rooms were spacious and clean, beds were comfortable. The bathroom was spacious too but had a ridiculously small shower cabin and no furniture to put your things, but it was OK. The aircon worked well
The breakfast was fine too. We did not have dinner at the hotel restaurant so I cannot comment about that. The best thing about the hotel was its central location, just a few minutes walk from the pedestrian street but still very quiet. I would certainly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

After several days of staying in lower-end places elsewhere in Romania, I felt in need of a bit of luxury (but couldn't afford 5 star). I thought this 4-star hotel would give me that, but ended up disappointed. The location is top-notch, which is probably the basis of the price. I was given a key to a room facing the inner courtyard, but smelled of cigarettes. When I asked for a non-smoking room, the room faced the street, and was very loud. I chose to deal with the smell and have a quiet room. Breakfast (included in room rate) was adequate, but hardly outstanding. The hotel completely lacks a lobby, yet they feel they need six on-site restaurants. Probably the best aspect is the inner courtyard, which means (some) rooms face inward, and don't get street noise.

Biggest bummer - getting yelled at by an employee in a hallway. I was walking down a public-area hall, and an employee seemed to believe that I was a bum off the streets (which I did NOT look like!). He started yelling at me to "GET OUT OF HERE!" I am disappointed that I did not find a manager immediately.

Overall, this place is fine, but absolutely not a 4 star. (in fact, older property signs say 3 star, so I question if they bribed an official to get a higher rating).

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed July 13, 2010

I stayed there 3 days at the end of June and then 2 days 10 days later. The first 4 days and nights were super. Big room, good air conditioning, kind service. The cafeteria was great. The last night/early morning everything failed: wierdo guy at the desk at 4am (not the same guy that was there at midnight) , could not speak English, French or German, could not find my "packed breakfast", said coffee machine was broken and the elevator was broken. (It had worked fine at midnight.) I don't know if was a mutant or just having a bad night. Since there was no communication between us, it was difficult to know.

When I go back, I will stay in a Pensione, where it will be quieter at night (fewer roaming, singing, happy students), a little less expensive, and more green space.... near the Botanical Garden.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo