“Intimate & cozy”

Capitolina City Chic Hotel
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
“Intimate & cozy”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

For many years I've been traveling to Cluj-Napoca, businesslike. I always stay at "my hotel" - CAPITOLINA. I enjoy being here because it feels better than at home - I don't have to do anything and everybody is looking after me!
I definitely recommend this hotel: its location is perfect - a quiet and green zone in the hart of the city, the rooms are modern and very pleasant, the personnel is qualified and extremely nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nicoleta S, Manager at Capitolina City Chic Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Anca,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that we are "your hotel" every time you come to Cluj and that you feel like home with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you "home" again.

Nicoleta Seiler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Miercurea-Ciuc, Romania
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Every time I visit Cluj Napoca, I stay at Hotel Capitolina. I can just say that this hotel offers way more than the other hotels, the room is cosy and tidy, the personell is very nice and helpfull, the breakfast is very variable and offers quality food. The hotel is also very close to the city center.
If you visit Cluj Napoca you have to stay at Hotel Capitolina!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nicoleta S, Manager at Capitolina City Chic Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Laszlo,

Thank you for your positive review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed January 27, 2014

In the last 7 years four times a year I use to stay at Aparthotel Gutin which belongs to Capitolina. I always enjoy my time there, bacause I can feel at home, the staff is always nice, helpful and provide everything that I need. The apartment is always clean, quite and provide total independency, It is only 5 minutes walking distance from the Center, but situated in the calm part of the city. The aparthotel is just the best choice for those, who prefer independency and calm, clean apartment, where staff provide not only what is inclusive in price but more!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Edit,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and most of all that you felt at home staying with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Apparently has been completely remodeled in the last couple years, and it looks nice. The rooms are comfortable with a decent amount of space. I stayed a week visiting the university, and had no problems. My only minor complaint was that there is some periodic swishing noise (heating system? water pumping?) that slightly annoyed me -- however, I always travel with earplugs, so it didn't interfere with my sleep (I'm a light sleeper). The buffet breakfast was OK -- a typical Central European emphasis on meat and cheese, but with cereals, bread, fruit, and eggs available, there was plenty of choice for non-meat eaters such as myself.

Room Tip: The front side gets a little more noise from the street. Otherwise, the 2 rooms I stayed in (one fr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2013

After a long drive I've reached Cluj Napoca. A city that made me a wonderful surprise: hosts a cosy hotel, very well positioned and quite new. Situated close to the Oncology Clinic, just opposite to the New Crocodile Restaurant. The atmosphere is very warm, the comfort very good. It is just a 5 minutes walking distance from The St.Michael Cathedral. I recommend for business, tourism or pleasure. It will be a nice surprise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sigrid_Vultur, Director of Sales at Capitolina City Chic Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Sir,

Have a great week.
Regards,
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Lovely!

Our breakfast was excellent and the place warm, cozy and (really) chic. The room and area are very quiet and the double windows provide a perfect sleep!

On the other hand, you may have problems with the parking (sloppy area) but the parking guys are kind and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir/ Madame, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to welcoming you again.

durham
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my fourth stay here for the annual film festival and I was delighted with the refurbishment since last year, which has changed it from a good average hotel to a superior one. Very handily located just up from one of Cluj's main streets, only 5 minutes on foot from Unirii Square and with many eating places and bars nearby (you can even order food to be brought in from 2 of the nearby restaurants). Rooms spacious with very comfortable beds and lovely well-equipped bathroom, Wifi, throughout, and lush Romanian style breakfast bar with enormous range of cheeses, meats, and salads as well as the usual hot sausages and eggs, cereals, yoghurts and fruit. And most important, lovely helpful staff, all speaking good English. Altogether a very pleasant relaxed atmosphere.

Room Tip: The rooms over the narrow street at the back have a pleasant view over a luxuriant garden across the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank mayhew9
Sigrid_Vultur, Director of Sales at Capitolina City Chic Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Madame,

Thank you for the nice review. We are pleased that you liked the refurbishment.

We are looking forward to see you next year.

Regards,