“Excellent!”
Review of Hotel Beyfin

Hotel Beyfin
Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Big and clean rooms with big bed, great bathroom and amenities. Very good wifi and good food, nice people. It is located in the center of the city, has a private parking, but there is also one public in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the 4th floor have all balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I arrived really tired and upset after a horrible day, thanks to Tarom, the Romanian airlines. It was a beautiful surprise to see the room. Big, cosy, clean room with a nice smell, big bed, great bathroom, gown and slippers in the closet, over 100 TV-channels... just what I needed.
The next day I checked out, did my work in town and realised I'm still exhausted of the whole week and the long and terrible day before, and my night train goes after midnight... I just really wanted to be in this hotel room again, stay in bed for a few hours with room service. And I went back, and asked. The really nice receptionist offered a weekend discount. I took the room and really enjoyed.
If the quality of food was as good as the rooms and all facilities are, this hotel would be perfect. But still, it is excellent.
And one more thing: you get excellent wifi in your room, unlike some other hotels in C-Eastern Europe. I could work as I was in my office: uploaded large videos, pictures and all.

Room Tip: I say get an executive room. The cheap single rooms are great as well, and excellent for the value...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank H_Kiraly
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed for 1 night in Beyfin. Location is perfect. Right in the heart of the city. Hotel's interior the lobby and in the breakfast room is nice. We got a standard room, the furniture and the decor was simple bathroom was well equipped. Room and bathroom were spacious. The only thing we did not like was the bed. It was too narrow and not comfortable with only one blanket. Breakfast was good, and plenty. Parking is easy the hotel has its own underground garage with direct access to the lobby. It was helpful because we had a lot of luggage and it was impossible to park in front of the hotel.
Clujj Napoca has a really nice downtown, with lots of good restaurants, pubs and historical buildings. Downtown lively with lots of young people in the evening. Altogether we spent a nice evening and day in a great city and this hotel is absolutely good for such type of city trips.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank EnikoundDieter
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is in amaising location, right in the center. The price is really good. we payed 45 euro found on booking.com. We moved in, then out, then back in and they kept the same rate. There is a garage and you are just off the main walking shooping streets of Cluj.
Food quality could be better for breakfast....and a room service could be organise during night..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Steve H
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The great chandelier is the first thing you see when you enter the lobby. That and the marble floor, the blue and turquoise-themed furnishings and the general "wow" factor that makes you gawp. (Well, it did me).

My partner and I stayed for a few nights in October - the hotel had only been open a month and everything was shiny new with plush carpets, sparkling chandeliers (I know, those amazing chandeliers again!) and tasteful blue lights which guide you down the corridor to your room.

The colour scheme is a stunning blue and silver with lots of sparkle, and every guest room has been kitted out with the usual hotel facilities and then some.

There is even a kettle! I mention this because, as a regular traveller to Romania, they don't tend to have kettles in their hotel rooms. I'm not sure why - it's just a Romanian quirk perhaps, so it was an extra plus that they had one here.

The buffet-style breakfast was fantastic - a huge selection of meats, cheese, fruits etc as well as some traditional Romanian sausages. You can also order omelettes and scrambled eggs if you feel the urge. The orange juice is also fresh. :)

We only stayed there three nights, and it was our last point before home, but we loved the hotel and Cluj so much that we will definitely be returning to both next year.

Being a 4* hotel in Romania, it is quite possibly the best value 4* hotel you're ever likely to stay in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anniecat84
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed the hotel. The staff is excellent and the location cannot be better. I would definitely book it again on my next visit. The terrace provide an excellent view of the piazza.
Thank you for the wonderful time provided.
Adrian

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Adrian C
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel was very well situated just behingd the main square and facing another. we were round the corner from all bars, nightlife and restaurants but also quiet and peaceful to sleep. The staff were very welcoming and polite but at the same time never intrusive. There's a fantastic view from the terrace bar so pop up and have a drink. great value hotel and we would defintely return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends