“Excellent...”

Bricks - Meating Point
Ranked #19 of 369 Restaurants in Cluj-Napoca
Cuisines: International, Mediterranean, European, Central European, Romanian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located at no. 2 Horea Street, in the historical center of Cluj-Napoca and having the only terrace in town suspended over the Somes River, BRICKS – (M)eating Point is the place that harmoniously combines two indoor spaces: the Restaurant and the Wine & Jazz Lounge.BRICKS Restaurant is where you dine with your friends or business partners in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. The unique ambiance is the result of the historical characteristics of the location, harmoniously combined with modern design elements. The menu is accessible and original, it contains unique international cuisine dishes, grilled dishes, as well as a rich vegetarian menu. The attentive service and special seasonal menus will surely delight you!The Wine & Jazz Lounge is separate from the restaurant, therefore offering privacy for your event and can be customized according to your wishes.The BRICKS Terrace is a very special one: it is the only terrace in Cluj-Napoca suspended over the Somes River. This creates a unique atmosphere with a strong Venetian flavor. In order for everything to be as you wish, we even cleaned the river and will do so whenever needed.We will make sure that every moment you spend here will be a pleasant and relaxing one!
Bucharest, Romania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent...”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

It is a great restaurant in the center of Cluj. I loved the inside decorations. The atmosphere was very relaxing. I would recommend this restaurant as well for a romantic dinner. Of course, i would recommend you Cherry menu

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mihaela_avram
Dafina S, Marketing Manager at Bricks - Meating Point, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear BRICKS Restaurant Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to post your review about BRICKS Restaursnt on the Tripadvisor.com website and the hight scores that you have awarded us with. It is a great pleasure to see that our efforts are appreciated. I will share with all my colleagues your positive comments.

I'm glad to hear that you were satisfied by atmosphere, location and cherry menu.

• Finnish first
Athens, Greece
“Interesting reastaurant, really good dishes.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had visited this place when it first opened up and I was really happy with the meals and the menu. At the time a Greek chef was in charge of the kitchen. I visited again last week and I realized that the menu is changed and certain plates went missing (Namely the pork chop served with garlic mashed potatoes and the orange soup with shrimps)...
However, the menu offers a variety of international cuisine, and local specialties. Vegetarians would be pleased as well since it has several choices. Personally, I tried the homemade ravioli with ricotta and spinach which was tasty, served in a white creamy sauce which was great. My friend had the seafood pasta which we requested to be served with the homemade tagliatelle (In the menu it is served with spaghetti). The service was really good, friendly, and our waiter (Ciprian ) was always willing to answer all our questions and make suggestions.
Don't forget to try the Espresso cake from the dessert menu !

1 Thank Odysseas T
Dear BRICKS Restaurant Guest,

I'm glad to hear that you were satisfied by food and service.

As you know, In the a-la-carte Menu, the dishes are unique and tasty because we use fresh raw materials and various spices of the highest quality. From Trasylvanian specialties to salads, pasta, risotto or dessert, the entire menu is unique and aromatically balanced. BRICKS dishes are special precisely because they are meant to subtly carry the one who enjoys them to the most special places. From the rice plantations of Asia to the olive orchards of Greece, from Italy to France, every place can be “visited” through BRICKS dishes. The Wine Book contains a wide selection of local and international wines, while the diverse Bar Menu completes the BRICKS culinary experience.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice setting, next to river”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Certainly during spring and summer, this is a very nice place to have dinner. The food was also very good : nice steak (very soft), and tiramisu dessert was great. Price definitely acceptable as well. Why only 'average' and not 'very good'. Th service spoiled a lot : everythig in a hurry and as a consequence the waitress made mistakes in taking the orders. On top of that, we really had to wait a very very long time for our food...

1 Thank Eric H
Dear BRICKS Restaurant Guest,

I want to take the opportunity to thank you for your review on the TripAdvisor website.

I'm glad to hear that you were satisfied by food, price and location. We note your observation. Thank you once again.

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Posh”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Rather expensive, but the food is very good, they really try hard to put something memorable in your plate. not the place to go when you are very hungry as the portions are somewhat smaller. It is a place to go for a culinary experience

Visited April 2013
1 Thank 90SimonH
Dear BRICKS Restaurant Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to post your review about BRICKS Restaurant on the Tripadvisor.com website and the hight scores that you have awarded us with. It is a great pleasure to see that our efforts are appreciated. I will share with all my colleagues your positive comments.

In the a-la-carte Menu, the dishes are unique and tasty because we use fresh raw materials and various spices of the highest quality. From Trasylvanian specialties to salads, pasta, or dessert, Taste of the Orient, Gourmet or Vegetarian, the entire menu is unique and aromatically balanced. BRICKS dishes are special precisely because they are meant to subtly carry the one who enjoys them to the most special places.

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Nice atmosphere and excellent food”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The location is very nice,nice staff, an old basement close to Somes ( the interior beautiful decoreted, elegant but the terrace need improvement(same the old bar)). The wine selection is good.The presentation on the plate and the taste was excellent.The serving very good.Try Bricks tartar!! Very good.

• Visited May 2013
Dafina S, Marketing Manager at Bricks - Meating Point, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear BRICKS Restaurant Guest,

I'm glad to hear that you were satisfied by location, wine selection service and food.

As you know, the BRICKS Terrace is a very special one: it is the only terrace in Cluj-Napoca suspended over the Somes River. This creates a unique atmosphere with a strong Venetian flavor. In order for everything to be as you wish, we even cleaned the river and will do so whenever needed.