“Great hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is an excellent hotel, especially after the refurbishment works have finished. My room was very clean, modern, warm. WiFi works very well. The breakfast is quite rich. The location is about 10-15 minutes walk from the bars and restaurants in the city center, so not within immediate reach, but taxis in Cluj are very cheap, it would only cost 1-1.5 euros (sometimes less) to get to them. The staff is extremely polite and helpful, fluent in English (possibly in other languages too), housekeeping is very good!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Georgios D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This one is just 10 minutes from the city centre. Rooms look new and are well maintained.
There was good free Wi-Fi in the room , television did have few English news channels, and some entertainment channels as well. So they don't have a restaurant, but there is one exactly opposite , and few within walking distance from the place. The staff is young, helpful and like most of the people in Cluj speaks good English. The breakfast spread is simple but good. The only problem I faced was with the heating, which got a bit too warm , and didn't change much with the controller provided in the room. We had a early morning flight while coming back , and Taxis arrived in less than 5 minutes after booking , which is great. It took us only 10 minutes to reach the airport in the morning traffic which was very sparse. Will stay again .

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed three nights at the hotel. Very good rooms with all the stuff that you would need for a comfortable stay. Great location and within walking distance of the city centre. Nice start to the day with sumptuous breakfast at the hotel. A minor drawback is that they do not have a restaurant, but there is one right across the road and few more options within a short distance. Efficient staff ensures quick check-in and checkout. Lobby is good for doing discussions or relaxing and catching up at end of day.

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Rooms are brand new and spacious and a 15min walk from center. This is the biggest plus for the hotel.

As the rooms are so new and made from PVC that stinks horribly chemical and you can't open a window a word of warning for those of you that react senistive to this material. I was there for 4 nights and can't say that I didn't suffer. Bathroom and bed are great. It has a desk in room allowing for a comfortable working space too. No Mini bar nor room service which is a feature of the Hamptons I guess.
Overall I was hoping for more from the hotel and am not sure I will return as of the issue I face with the chemical PVC smell from the furniture. Might have to wait another year or so till I do. Being a frequent traveller to Cluj I will need to continue looking for a better possibility. Also I am still waiting for them to credit me the points for my stay to my Hilton Honors which the receptionist had guaranteed me to do on the day of my checkout.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

As a new hotel the rooms are very good, hilton standard at a good price. Only small complaint is the "hot" section of breakfast was never hot although the choice for a light breakfast is fine. Location is 10-15 mins walk from the main town square bars and restaurants. Good standard but a little more effort on the breakfast is needed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Why would someone open a new hotel with no twins whatsoever! Hilton should know better especially since it's the only decent chain hotel in Cluj. Good service overall but this lack of room types which one would expect in a hotel by default is a really poor show.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank crystak
Modi'in
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was in Cluj for several days on business. I was put in the Hampton, and wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised on all fronts.

The room was spacious, with an excellent bed and nice bathroom. The hot-water kettle in the room was great. The Wifi sputtered a bit during my time there, but was generally reliable enough for me to use Skype (for several business meetings, talking to my family, and even recording two podcasts), and do a great deal of reading on the Web. Breakfast was ample, with plenty of options (although without such beautiful produce).

The most impressive thing, though, was the staff: Without exception, they were friendly and helpful, with excellent English. My flight left Cluj early in the morning, meaning that I had to leave the hotel before the 6 a.m. start of breakfast; I asked if I could take some yogurt with me from the breakfast room -- and without prompting, they asked if I would also like to bring some tea and fruit with me. Really, I couldn't have asked for more.

I often ate in my room when the cleaning staff would have been cleaning it. I put a "do not disturb" sign on my door during that time, and found that they did indeed come back and make up the room when I was out.

There is an exercise room, but I didn't make use of it. Instead, I walked around Cluj quite a bit, and found the hotel's location to be excellent. Not only was it across the street from HP (for whom I was working in Cluj, but it was a 30-minute walk to the huge Ianus Mall, to the main city square with museums and theater, and to other buildings I wanted to see.

My only complaint, and it's a minor one, is that I would have liked to have a refrigerator (or mini-bar) in the room. The reception desk has a refrigerator, though, and was happy to store things for me. Also, I only discovered the safe on my final morning, as I was packing my things. But really, these are minor nit-picks from an otherwise excellent stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business