“Great place for a moderate walk”

Cheile Turzii - Turda Gorge
Book In Advance
More Info
$42.10*
and up
Cluj-Napoca Via Ferrata Day Trip
Ranked #4 of 99 things to do in Cluj-Napoca
Reviewed November 17, 2013

After visiting the Salt Mine in Turda, we took a couple hours to visit this place. The weather was great for a walk. We all started walking down and it took about 20-30 min to get to the path that would lead us to the gorge. Unfortunately I feel ill and had to stay behind as my friends continue on the 30-40 min walk to the gorge. I actually don't remember if it was less or more than that. I just remember they all loved the place and took lots of photos. Next time I come to this region of Transilvania, I'll make sure to come back here to finish the walk.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Even I am from Romania, this summer I was for the first time to Turda Gorge (Cheile Turzii).It is a gorge made from a small (but strog) river named Hasdate. You can reach by car near the entrance of the gorge (the last 1 km. is very difficult), and then you can walk about 2 km along the river.There is an wild place, but very nice and marvelous.
I stayed with my wife at Poarta Apusenilor (The gate of Apuseni mountains),a pension in Moldovenesti, a village about 10 km from Turda Gorge.I highly recommend this location which has 6 rooms and a suite , very modern, clean and well equipped.There is also a beautiful garden and a big orchard where you can eat something very good from their own restaurant.

4  Thank tatayeoli
Reviewed October 24, 2013

i was with my friends and we had a really good time.We were walking through the mountains over the chains.
i definelty recommend this who enjoys nature, quitness, wildness.
There is one motel where you can stay is Paradis tureni because you cannot find anything there.just nature.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I`ve visited in my life many canyons and gorges like that. So it doesn`t make any bigger impression on me. This time I was surprised, because I was expecting something worse. But there were couple things that turned this place on:
1. land-marking - very well made as for Romanians!
2. great views - I highly recommend taking "red circle" (round-way) trail, left up, right after the first bridge, just before the toll-box. After approx. 1 hour of climbing you will reach the top of the cliff, where you can find marvelous views of Turda Gorge and its`s surroundings. If you follow the trail you will finally end on the other end of the Gorge. Then you only have to cross (barefoot :-)) the stream and come back along it to your start point. Nice round-trip for 3-4 hours. I don`t recommend this trip for families with young kids!

2  Thank demanding85
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is not easy getting to this place. You have to follow a paved road that isn't too good and then you reach an unpaved one. The safest thing to do is park the car at the top of the hill and walk (about 10-15 minutes) to the entrance of the nature reserve. You have to pay a ticket at the entrance (it's very cheap) and then you can continue your walk. You get to stroll through the forrest until you see high rock walls surrounding you. There's a river right through the middle of the gorge filled with big rocks. The trail is really beautiful. It's really worth it :)

1  Thank WalkWithoutRhythm