Ramada Cluj
$52
Vila Siago(Cluj-Napoca)
$49
$48
Villa - Hotel ESCALA(Cluj-Napoca)
$66
$64
All reviewsexecutive floorswimming poolnice rooftop poolsteam roomplenty of storage spacetiramisuan expensive hotelopening the windowbreakfast buffetcity centrebusiness staysized roomgreat spagood sizenice staffclose to downtownsitting area
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The location is not special at all, difficult to find from the West and even more difficult to find the parking space , no panel on the street. But, if you manage to get in, the people are nice and ready to help. We had an executive room ( the heating was working, thanks !) and enjoyed some refreshments and beers in the lounge.
Service is nothing special but , if you communicate with the girls, you get what you need. Room is quite ok, not too big , no balcony and sometimes can be noisy.
One in all, a good opportunity to stay overnight and to take a break from the chaotic and dangerous driving in the Transylvania. Food not special and breakfast can be better. Try the garage if you are not afraid of small spaces and trembling lifts.

Room Tip: Opposite to the main street .
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Andre D
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had the "chance" to go the new years eve mostly because we wanted to try something else in the city . I will start with the good things : the music wasn't so loud, actually it was a good music. I think the good things stops pretty much here. I don't like to write bad reviews but I had to make time to do it.
The food was so bad, that it was ridiculous. Just think that my wife even didn't catch the desert, it was served after 2 AM .. all the other stuff was so cheap. That's the expresion. It was like in a movie with all those people wearing nice ,expensive clothes and eating mcdonalds. Just didn't fit. O, I would apreciate that night if we would have mcdonalds :)) Imagine that the breakfast/ brunch next day was ten times better than the dinner last night.
Smoking was heavy inside the restaurant and disturbing.
The room itself is ok, not much to coment about it , but beeing so miserly with the food ruined my night . Hey people, we where not expecting a menu like in a bad romanian wedding.
Next day we had included free day at the spa. The spa itself , I mean the swiming pool is nice and the view is beautiful. As beautiful as Cluj can be :) but the staff when we asked for towels say that if we stay at this moment in the hotel we must bring our own towels from the room . I think you can bring some towels to be there for guests and not put people go down again to the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is Ramada on the outside and something else on the inside.

When I complained that my a/c wasn't working. They told me that they actually turn the a/c unless it is really hot.

There are busy roads and barking dogs on both sides so you are either sweltering in the room but quiet, or you have noise and (in the right time of year) a lower room temperature.

There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, no iron, no dressing gown, nothing except some shower gel and cotton buds.

I would not stay in this hotel again. Several colleagues have also had similar experiences.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I like this hotel, it has it all except the location in the city. The swimming pool it's great with wonderful views and the breakfast is delicious. The rooms are big and cozy. The staff is friendly...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MadalinaSarca
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel was pretty nice to stay. staff is smiley, helpful.
Breakfast was good enough.
Location is close to the center.
I recommend this hotel if you have to stay in the city, such as business trip.
indoor pool is small but, it is nice on the top of the hotel.
The little embarrassing thing is you should use the room key-card for the elevator.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business