“French & Mexican food in a relaxed atmosphere”

Toulouse Cafe Brasserie
Ranked #37 of 407 Restaurants in Cluj-Napoca
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: International restaurant right in the heart of the city, serving a great selection of food from French, Italian, English and Arabic influence. Wide selection of beverages and certainly one of the main coffee baristas in town!
Reviewed May 18, 2014

That Sunday night many restaurants were closed and I'm happy about it because we would have missed Toulouse which was not at all on our radar.

Very well situated on the main plaza.

We were pleasantly surprised by Toulouse which cooks not only delicious French food but also authentic Mexican food (we ordered from both cuisines). Bistro atmosphere, relaxed, soft music, good service, reasonable prices.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We went with some friends to have a dinner in town and we were disappointed. First, the waitress was totally unfriendly, not even a smile during the whole service, I guess she had the "french courtoisie" ! The food was just ok, nothing amazing as I saw on the comments, it was almost cold & we had to wait 20 minutes for little mozzarella sticks & 45 minutes to receive the main dishes.
I had the salmon grilled on bbq which I don't recommend, it was dry & overcooked. Added to that, the smoke of cigars & cigarets was REALLY annoying, I don't understand why a restaurant like that is not able to provide a decent non-smoking area. Too bad for this place which has a really nice french decoration.

2  Thank Julien S
Reviewed April 14, 2014

is overrated for what it offers, the waiters are lazy and careless, just after seeing his tip was nice but it was too late. the prices are too high, the portions of food are too small, at least the coffee was good. our waitress was terrible, did not smile, did not talk to us, took her long time to bring us everything.

1  Thank DanielaDT
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Unacceptable. Even the lowest rated restaurants provide this common-sense service. Other than that a bit pricey but good food and atmosphere.

3  Thank Robert578M
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I don't think I can describe Toulouse correctly.Whenever you go,it's always joyful and whatever you have been served is just great.Atmosphere is friendly,elegant and it's always difficult to find a free table.I love Toulouse...