“Nice and good value”

Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
Bucharest, Romania
“Nice and good value”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel is in a quiet residential area and has a very cozy patio, perfect for children also. Our stay was very pleasant on this family run hotel, receiving also good tips for eating places in the city.
The rooms are very comfortable, with a great breakfast which was buffet-style with plenty to choose from, both hot and cold.
The Escala Villa really felt like the home comfort, where you can feel the attention for all details.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
EscalaVilla, Owner at Villa - Hotel ESCALA, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your message, for your kind words and your appreciations. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the time spent in our hotel. For us, it was also a great pleasure to have you as guests and we really hope to see you again!

In the meantime, we wish you all the best, especially to the little one!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hungarian first
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This a quiet, small and well managed hotel. I was in an academic trip and my stay was more pleasant thanks to the hospitality of Adrien and his family. I had all services I needed and the crew helped me to organize my stay. This hotel is worth the money you pay for.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
EscalaVilla, Owner at Villa - Hotel ESCALA, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you very much for your message, for your kind words and your appreciations. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the time spent in our hotel. For us, it was also a great pleasure to have you as a guest and we really hope to see you soon!

Memmingen, Germany
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Very helpful, eager and considerate personnel, good and quiet location, clean facilities, available parking, adequate breakfast, functioning wireless and air-conditioning in room, good restaurants and points of interest in walking distance - all around excellent value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank PJS514

In the meantime, we wish you all the best to you and your family!
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The Escala Villa is the best small hotel I have stayed in and I have been staying in hotels for over half a century. It is, quite simply, superb. The owners go out of their way to attend to your every need. The day after I arrived the owner even went out to buy the type of tea I like. Needless to say there was no extra charge for this, and I was given what was unused to take home with me. Nothing is too much trouble for the owner, his wife, and sister.
I stayed for 10 days whilst attending a language course. The hotel is in a very quiet residential area and my 'superior' room was perfect. My Queen-sized bed was almost too comfortable. I had a patio, free wireless internet (it always connected), and lots more. The breakfast (small extra charge) was buffet-style in the dining room and there was plenty to chose from, both hot and cold. The Escala Villa really felt like a home from home. Adrian's wife even found a show for me to go to and recommended good eating places in the city. She always got it right! Both of them took a personal interest in my well-being.
The Escala Villa is a delightful gem! I shall certainly stay there if I visit Cluj again.

Room Tip: Room 7 is quiet with a pleasant view from the balcony at the back. Room 8 has views over the city.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank JohnFee
Thank you very much for your message, for your kind words and your appreciations. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the time spent in our hotel. For us, it was also a great pleasure to have you as a guest and we really hope to see you again, this time with your wife.

We often think at our little conversations during your stay.

In the meantime, we wish you all the best to you and to your family!
Salamanca, Spain
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was in cluj for business 2 weeks ago and stayed in this nice hotel. I can say I have never been in a hotel with that attention. It was excellent, maybe the best I had seen. Congratulations, Adrian (owner), for this excellent place and job. You have a great future.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ufbu
EscalaVilla, Owner at Villa - Hotel ESCALA, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you very much for your message, for your kind words and your appreciations. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the time spent in our hotel. For us, it was also a great pleasure to have you again as guests and we really hope to see you soon!

Acireale, Italy
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Back to Villa Escala after one year, same comfort, same friendship and extremely good price.Excellent feedback from my customers also, visiting Romania for a plant of ours.Adrian and his sister manage one of best conducted hotel I've visited.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Iasi, Romania
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel (again!) for 2 nights.
The place is calm and quiet, great for anyone who wishes to relax or visit the town... The Rooms have everything needed ,were clean and spacious, the breakfasts were delicious.
The owners were very sweet and extremely helpful, whatever we needed they were there to help. I definitely recommend this villa to anyone, you will not be disappointed
we can say that we will always came back to the same hotel because of the owners hospitality . We felt like home with my family.
Andi si Codrin, Iasi

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Villa-Hotel E, Owner at Villa - Hotel ESCALA, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
In the meantime, we wish you all the best and Happy Easter!