“Good but expansive”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Westhouse
“Good but expansive”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

my diner was flawed by some details :
we just get meat and very little vegetables or potatoes (juste one for me)
there was no bread

ok we reeived food quickly, it was also tasty but definitively you pay for some "fashion restaurant" with a bit "modern food" but you won't find any traditionnal dishes at all.

Service was good but a bit "cold"

• Visited October 2013

• Hungarian first
Bucharest, Romania
“best restaurant in Romania for me”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

What a pity, I will rate the food in this restaurant with a 5 stars but....there is no sitting for non-smokers and that is the big minus of this place, this is the reason that I gave them only 4.
Is hard to understand why ,the local is big enough and they do have the possibility to divide it ,is only a question of good will....These days in Europe it I not acceptable that a restaurant has a note in the window saying "in this location the smoking is permitted''
We stayed 3 days in Cluj and we had 3 times diner in this restaurant ,sitting as close as possible to the door in order to have oxygen.
It was worth it ,it is the best food I could find in Romania and did not want to try something else because after Baracca there is no something else!
The location is nice ,modern style ,everything is clean -the design also- it is clear that a lot of money was invested here.The service is very professional if a bit arrogant but I can live with that.
First time I've seen a restaurant completely full on a Monday evening...
So we tried different dishes and all of them were perfectly cooked ,their chef knows what' he's doing. Every dish was perfect ,every sauce ,every ingredient of a very high quality . The salads were so very tasty (and I am not a big fan of salads) ,also the beef filet with mushrooms.
I also liked the Faberge egg( desert ,I know is not easy to prepare it) and also the way they serve the tea.
I strongly recommend this restaurant and hope to return to Cluj soon ....

• Visited September 2013
Versailles
“My prefered restaurant in Cluj”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Each time we are in Cluj we are making a reservation in this restaurant, nice food and good service. For me the best restaurant in town. Make a reservation as it maybe full...

Visited October 2013
“Do you fancy New York's Meatpacking District atmosphere?”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Visit Baracca!
Best food, best wine, best design!
Try Raviolli with foie gras and nuts and a nice Macaroni desert.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Julian P
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Great food, not very comfortable”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

One of the more expensive restaurants in town, but the food is really good. The chairs are not really suited for a long session.

• Visited June 2013