“The only good thing is "tiramisu" desert”
Review of Baracca

Baracca
Ranked #9 of 375 Restaurants in Cluj-Napoca
Cuisines: Italian, French, International, Mediterranean, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
bucuresti
“The only good thing is "tiramisu" desert”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Unwelcoming staff, with no pleasure to serve, to work or to please the customers. I did not enjoy the atmosphere, cold and without any coasy feeling.
The food was much too "abstract" for my taste, both the look and feel; we were around 10 people joining and none of us was satisfied with what he / she ordered. The only good choice was the tiramisu. I recommend to find another place nearby

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank oanap

• Hungarian first
Bucuresti
“Food excellent, but arrogant staff”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The restaurant is one of the best in Cluj-Napoca.The food is very good and the portions are quite large.Desserts are delicious, you really need to try them.The waiters are a bit arrogant, but they do the job.In conclusion, the restaurant has a very good chef,but to work on personally.Great decor and design, great atmosphere ,but prices are very high.

• Visited April 2013
Oradea, Romania
“wind of change”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have to begin by saying that Baracca was one of my favourite restaurants in Romania for service , food and atmosphere.Everytime it happend to spend a day in Cluj Napoca I used to have dinner at baracca.
The food was great , the quality of the ingredients also and you could feel the innovative , inspired and professional hand of the chef in every plate.
On my last visit - DISASTER - in spent one day in Cluj and as usual without even thinking of going to other restaurants I made the reservation at Baracca.
The atmosphere , the entire staff were as great as before - really - compliments - but the food ???
We ordered tuna sahimi and foie gras creme brule as starters and the gilthead fillet with mango and fennel puree and my wife ordered the raviolli stuffed with foie gras.
What shall I say - the tuna sashimi - 4 thin , dried and no taste slices of tuna on o mount of raw courgette (zuchini) with some wasabi mayo (by the way the mayo was cut) - the fish old and dried out , the "mise en plate" terrible , the combination of ingredients didn't work at all (tuna and zucchini).But this wasn't the worst of all - my wife's foie gras creme brulle - the last time we ordered it it came in a nice hot plate with a nice crust on top , it had the decadent and luxurious taste of foie gras and glazed mashed chestnuts - it really tasted divine. Now , on a cold plate with some interesting design made by the hand of a person in the kitchen with some kind of topping bougth from Selgros maybe , arrived 4-5 "throws" or "splashes" of something supposed to be foie gras creme brulle - tasted it and to me it seemed to be 80%cream , 10%butter , 10% some kind of pate from the can - it was terrible.
Anyway I ate some tuna and my zucchini because I was hungry but my wife just dropped the cutlery surrending in front of the plate.
Now - main course - even if I asked my fish not to be overcooked it arrived "hard as a rock" so hard it remained in the plate with some fennel pure - ok - and some raw mango - very good - while my wife -3 - ravioli were stuffed with some kind of strange taste ragu - poor her - manged to eat one.
We didn't have the power to order any dessert so we asked for the bill and off we went.
As I said before the service was very good and professional as before but as ussually happens in Romania miracles last only for a short time.

• Visited May 2013
Timisoara, Romania
“Great desserts”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

You must really try the three chocolate cake if they still have it! The place looks really nice, it has a good design and the food is good, with Mediterranean hints.

Visited June 2012
“Nice as expected”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Great food, not so many dishes as romanian restaurants, choosed carefull to satisfy any desire. And wines as the food

• Visited April 2013