“Authentic steakhouse”

Ranked #16 of 380 Restaurants in Cluj-Napoca
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: El Toro Steakhouse is in it's 5th year of entertaining guests with consistent quality steaks, relaxed and friendly atmosphere, smooth Bossa Nova music. Join us.
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Authentic steakhouse”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I came for lunch at an off time as I usually do to avoid crowds and smoke, and was the only patron in the restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised by the decor and atmosphere. Service was commendable. They made me a steak "au poivre" by request (off menu). I highly recommend the ciorba argentiniana, a mildly spicy soup. I enjoyed a 200g steak, soup, carafe of a local red, and two loaded jacket potatoes for $30. Pricey for Romania, but reasonable nonetheless. Would definitely return here.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank RaymondWright

• Hebrew first
“The best restaurant in Cluj!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised to see just how good everything works at El Toro. The staff is amazing, always there, serving you and making you feel like home. The steakes are very delicious and I reccomend them to everyone. Every tourist and person from Cluj should go there to have an unforgettable meal! Next time I go to Cluj El Toro is the first place I will visit.

Visited May 2013
Tunbridge Wells
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had heard good reports of this restaurant from colleagues, though they said it was expensive (for Cluj, though not in European terms). Maybe they had an off night, but our food was only average, the fries were not quite cooked and the pepper sauce one of our number had on their steak was downright weird. We felt in the end it was expensive in comparison to better food we had had elsewhere. I don't think I would be tempted to return.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank R2e
Constanta, Romania
“Best steak in town”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I`ve never eaten such a tasty steak . I find El Toro a wonderful restaurant . The food , the service and the appearance of El Toro are amazing .

• Visited March 2013
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Best steak in town hands down!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

As an American traveling abroad I found El Toro Steakhouse to be a welcome home experience. I liked it so much that when I married a beautiful Romanian girl in 2010, I had my reception there. It was excellent and surprisenly affordable. When ever I miss the many good steak houses in the USA, I simply head out for El Toro steakhouse. Some times in Romania it is hard to find a resturaunt that serves large portions. This is not the case with El Toro Steakhouse, I finally found a steak bigger than I could finish. The food was excellent, the service was excellent and friendly. The wine selection was good as well. Worth every lei in my book a five star. When you visit let them know an American sent you, of course they probably will not know who I am but at least they will know an American thinks they are great. Sir. David Allan Raimer

• Visited February 2013