Pensiunea Siago Hotel
$109
Hotel Transilvania(Cluj-Napoca)
$61
$50
Lol et Lola Hotel(Cluj-Napoca)
$82
$79
Grand Hotel Italia(Cluj-Napoca)
$114
$67
All reviewsnice small hotelfree buffetbotanic gardensfree coffee and teaaverage breakfastno liftone nighteuros per nightold townunirii squarenice stafflight sleeperclose to townvery nice staywalking distanceshowerreception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only one night and had the beautiful room as shown on first photo with turquoise drapes. Very roomy and very nice bathroom with wonderful shower and plenty of hot water. Outside our room was the 24/7 coffee and tea and cookies + that was a nice touch and had not seen in our 15 day tour thru Romania. Breakfast was adequate and just ok.

Room Tip: As in any hotel room I use earplugs for loud noises, traffic, dogs barking etc.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelfever19
Bogdan C, Manager at Pensiunea Siago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear travelfever19,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to welcoming you again.

On behalf of the Siago Pension team we wish you a great week and hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Bogdan and your friends at Siago Pension

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is nice and comfortable but I left my bag unlocked and they have stolen one of my blouses. Of course nobody recognized that it happened, so my blouse just vanished in the thin air? I tried to talk to everyone at front desk and explain that the blouse does not represent a value per se but that I liked it and I want it back. The cleaning ladies claimed that they haven't seen anything. They did not offer to either reimburse me or offer a voucher or anything.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gheona A

Dear Gheona A,
This is Bogdan Chiorean, General Manager at Siago Pension. Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review about our pension. We are glad to see you had a partially pleasant experience when staying with us and you have enjoyed the facilities and services we offer our guests. All of my colleagues would like to thank you for all the appreciations.
Regarding your complaint for the missing blouse, I want to reassure you I had personally investigated your feedback, taking all the necessary measures and making sure all our standards are respected. I must complete with the fact that we reviewed the video surveillance recordings for the entire period of your stay in our hotel and I am happy to say that nobody, guest or staff, removed any of your belongings from your room. We want to thank you for being so careful and detail oriented but I can completely reassure you that nobody took anything from your room and we are sure that you already found your blouse in your luggage or at your home.
So thank you again for your feedback, it helps us improving our business and we will be glad to welcome you back, next time when your business brings you to Cluj-Napoca.
Have a great day,
Bogdan Chiorean

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Pensiune Siago is well positioned between the main square/Old Town and the university. With all the auto traffic you want to walk and this is a good location to see the sights. My room, 14, was a single and quite small, but adequate. Its window was on busy Republicii and there was some street noise. It was too far from the router to get a good WiFi signal, but from the chair in the hall (next to the buffet of tea, coffee, cookies) signal was good. Rooms on the main floor are convenient to the reception with its friendly staff and buffet. Shower was elaborate with steam, various heads and jets, but the modular unit shook & rocked when you pushed the soap dispenser. With the exception of the delicious homemade jams, breakfast was basic, but worth the $5 charge. All in all I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again because at 145RON ($43.00)/single with breakfast it was a good value.

Room Tip: See above for comments on room14.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our 5th time in Cluj, Romania and this was the best lodging we have experienced. Quaint rear balcony over rear courtyard. Excellent service. Great continental breakfast with cheese & bacon omelet, meat, cheese, vegetable platters, drinks and the rest. Coffee and treats in hallways 24/7. Clean quite rooms. Walking distance to restaurants and historic downtown. Limited parking so travel by taxis (very inexpensive). Highly recommended. We will stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on rear side of building, to avoid traffic noise on Republicii St.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Doug N
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Nice hotel, at walking distance from Cluj citycentre; it's a pity it is located on a slope, but taxi are quite cheap in Cluj. Well refurbished, clean, comfortable hotel; very kind and helpful staff. Coffe and tea available for free all day long in the corridor. Good quality basic breakfast. I'm very satisfied, I received good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo