“Top class hotel”

Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Top class hotel”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Really nice rooms with good size bathrooms and comfortable beds. Very clean place. Easy to park car outside. Not close to centre but taxis were cheap.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This was our third visit to this 2 year old hotel on the edge of town but with good bus links into the centre. There is an underground car park. Surroundings are typical Romanian apartment blocks but the site is top of the hill with good views to the hills on the west side from the upper floors. The style of furnishings is pseudo modern in the public rooms but it is smart. The bedrooms are a good size & the bathrooms well equipped [modern showers in standard rooms]. Only problem this time was that the sudden increase in weather temperature [to 27degsC] caught out the air con in the bedrooms which was less efficient than it should have been. The staff without exception were friendly & helpful. Most of them have some English.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I've organized a conference of 100 participants on 17.02.2011 in Golden Tulip Ana Dome, the conference room was great, and the service was excellent. Very helpful and king stuff. This is a great place to bring business partners to.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ioana_event_planner
Bucharest
Reviewed November 8, 2010

stayed in this hotel for two nights , booked through booking.com . First contact , in the evening of arrival the receptionist had no reservation for me , because "her colleague didn't have time to place it into the system" . so I've asked for an upgrade to a superior room , and got it . also the other front-desk staff had no idea about how to direct me to an important place in town , because "she knew how to drive to , but not explain how to get to " . also , they had no maps at the front desk . otherwise , excellent room , good breakfast , fresh fruits and so on , all in all very good value for money .

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We spent 4 nights in The Golden Tulip on a city break to Cluj-Napoca.

The hotel is very stylish and modern and exceptionally clean. The reception area next to the bar and there is a nice seating area. We spent each night sitting in the bar drinking cocktails. We found the staff to be pleasant and helpful.

We were very impressed with the quality of the room! As this is a new hotel everything was in great condition and very tastefully decorated. The room had a flatscreen tv and very comfortable beds. The bathroom was lovely and finished to a high standard! I especially liked the shower.

The hotel provided free wifi which was great although the signal wasn't that strong in the room. I ended up sitting on the floor behind the door if I wanted to use it.

The only downside for me was the location of the hotel. It was out of the centre at the top of a hill. Although the area was fine we did have to use taxi's if we wanted to go anywhere. You couldn't just go for a wander and find a restaurant or bar. Saying that, the cost of taxis was extremely cheap (probably the cheapest I've come across) This is by no means a complaint as I knew the hotel was out of the centre when I booked it. I just found it to be a minor inconvenience when I was there.

If you are looking for a very modern and stylish hotel and you don't mind the fact it is not in the centre then this hotel is for you! To be honest I would rather stay in a nice hotel a bit on the outskirts than an old dirty hotel which is overpriced because it's in the centre!

Cluj is a nice city and definitely worth a visit!

If you have any questions I will be happy to help!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Bedford
Reviewed September 4, 2010

A modern and clean hotel with well appointed rooms. It's 30 mins walk from the centre but only 5 minutes by taxi which are cheap. There's nothing much near the hotel of any note - mostly housing - but that makes it a good place to stay as a retreat from the town centre - and it's in much better state than other hotels in town. The food in the restaurant is pretty average - and not cheap for Romania - but a quick taxi ride gets you to other restaurants in town.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Having never travelled to Romania before I was not sure what to expect from my hotel in which I was due to stay for 3 nights. Upon arrival I was very pleasantly surprised though. The reception area/desk doubles as the bar, but is very smart and well appointed. Don't be shocked though, because smoking indoors is still allowed here, so you may find yourself about to mention it and then remembering where you are as I did! The receptionist was polite and welcoming (and easy on the eye...), and I was checked in within 2 minutes.

The room (304) was much larger than expected (see photos), with windows on 2 sides, although I wasn't lucky enough to have front-facing views of the city. The bed was very luxurious and very firm, yet soft - so clearly very new. There were 2 writing desks (albeit with 1 chair), and a widescreen TV with a variety of channels, but the only English speaking channels were US with Romanian subtitles.

The bathroom was very smart, with a combination bath shower, but the shower rose was very large, square shaped and located directly overhead, so was like standing under a waterfall - superb. The other thing that was square though, was the toilet seat, which I am not so sure about. Not *that* comfortable, although it did match the rest of the room fittings... ;o)

There was also plenty of hanging space as well as a minibar, safe and good aircon in the room.

I didn't use the restaurant in the evening, as I was a guest of a local business who took me out for food which was great as a way to sample the local fare and know what I was going to be eating.

Breakfast was ok, but almost had too many different offerings, and the hotel should maybe cut down on the range of offerings and improve what is there. There were croissants, pastries, savoury dishes, an omelette chef, yoghurts, fresh fruit (and fruit 'cocktail' out of a can), cereals etc... etc... I think that represents maybe 2/3 of what was on offer, but there seemed to be insubstantial amounts of each. All in all it was good though, so I am probably being over-critical. It's certainly not cause for second thoughts about staying here :o)

On the whole I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend, although perhaps not for sightseeing, as it is a little way from the city centre (20-25mins walk?), and when you get there, there isn't a great deal to see.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank PhysEd
GTAD, General Manager at Golden Tulip Ana Dome, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Dear Sir,

Let me start by saying that I am happy you've had a nice and comfortable stay your first time in Cluj-Napoca. I've read that you were bothered by the smoking in the lobby, but as you've mentioned in your review, our lobby bar and reception area are next to each other, therefore, it can be either a smoking or a non-smoking area. The ceiling is 4 meters high though and the ventilation system is always "on" so I am hoping this wasn't too much of a discomfort for you.
The easiest way to reach the city center from our hotel is by bus. There is a bus stop just around the corner and the buses run every 5 minutes. Also we have a shuttle for our guests.
All in all I thank you for your stay in our hotel and I hope we will have you as our guest in the future also.
Kind Regards,