“In the center of Trans”

Transylvania Hostel
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here for three days, hostel is in the great position, reasonable price, very nice and young stuff, quite helpfull, alll speaking english. I would come here again. It is also a good place to meet people...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed there for only one night... but I stayed till about 2 am the next day due to my midnight train but they were very accommodating about that :) they allowed me to stay in the common room and even gave me a blanket to take a nap :) Its also a great place to meet people and go out with them for a coffee or something because the people working there are very friendly too:) I will definitely go back there if I am going to Romania :) they have really big rooms and toilet plus free cereals and milk for breakfast which is really thoughtful of them :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Perfect, breakfast is not the best, but the dorms are spacious and not cramped. The staff are polite and very helpful. The lounges (there are 2) are really nice and the kitchen is clean and well stocked. I can't think of a criticism, except that the milk at the breakfast table wasn't real milk, but I trust that this has been rectified.

A good choice.

Room Tip: The dorms are perfectly good. I can't comment on the rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed in a twin room which was very roomy. Most staff were incredibly helpful! I only really say it's not the best because we've stayed in amazing hostels all over the world. But this place was affordable, friendly and they could provide you with information about anything you needed. The kitchen was ok, and you could probably cook in there if you needed (we didn't) and the place was very clean. Great location close to all the attractions and a nice cozy place. Would probably stay again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was on the train from Brasov to Sighisora but my travel radar was not working for I didn't get off the train after it pulled up. I wasn't reading the time on my ticket or looking out the window for my stop.

Anyhoo, since I had no plans I stayed on the train (without paying) and got off 3-4 hours later in Clug-Napoca. Plus I didn't have any guide book pages and had hoofed it into city centre to find a McCafe for wifi connection for rooming.

At check in, hostel's Michael speaks gooder English than me for he studied the classics in the university there after growing up watching Cartoon Network. Easy to find since I was totally lost mentally and physically.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Transylvania Hostel really made my time in Cluj a great experience! I was only there for two days but i will definitely be going back. The hostel is right in the city centre and it has a great common room, outdoor area and clean /spacious rooms. It was a great hostel to meet other travellers and the staff were amazing! Very friendly and were happy to take a group of us from the hostel out at night which was a lot of fun. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Situated in the Old Town of Cluj. Very nice, comfortable and clean! You can sleep well at night. There's a well-equipped playroom and kitchen (free cornflakes;). You can also spend a little time on a terrace. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends