“Excellent location & Service”

Continental Forum Arad
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Arad
Oakland Township, MI
“Excellent location & Service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

After a rather rough drive from Carei, I was ready to settle in Arad for 3 days, and had high hopes for this hotel. I was NOT disappointed! The staff was quite welcoming, polite, professional, and all of whom had excellent English skills. From this location I was able to walk to my work site (just under a mile), which was a nice plus, and the weather was beautiful. The hotel is centrally located, and in a safe, comfortable neighborhood. The rooms were very modern, and I would definitely stay here again. I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff was. I love architecture and they sent me places at night to photograph different things, and I knew I could depend on them for directing me to beautiful buildings, but also safe places, which is critical when you are in an area for the first time. Be advised, if you want a 15 Euro massage, they want to come to your room - so I declined!

Room Tip: Smoking and non-smoking rooms are just "guidelines" here, so REQUEST a non-smoking room ah...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Beth M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Staff really friendly, room decor intriguing, rates good, shower head far to short, no iron but laundry service very competitive. Free Internet (many UK hotels could learn from that). Food is OK if limited.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the main road due to the trams
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I travel to Romania frequently. Western Romania is not known for its tourism industry and standards of hospitality are still evolving. As such, travelers should equate themselves with a few hard realities of this part of the world: first, non-smoking is merely a polite suggestion so it is quite common for non-smoking rooms to be smoky; second, hotels often book group events to help supplement their incomes even to the detriment of their guests. Most of the major hotels in Arad do this these parties can sometimes be raucous and there is little the hotel is able/willing to do about it as not to threaten their revenue or the enjoyment of their guests. Given these provisos, I strong recommend the Continental Hotel in Arad.

Some Western travelers, may be a bit intimidated by Arad but the hotel sits in a lovely area about a block from the old town square and a series of charming shops, cafes, landmarks, etc. Rooms are a bit dated now (clearly new and luxurious when they were built) with a lot of wicker chairs and simple wooden desks/tables. Despite some aging fixtures, the hotel is clean, modern, and safe. I found the bed to be surprisingly comfortable and the room is equipped with all mod cons associated with a business hotel including WiFi, in room safes, etc.

Food from room service was surprisingly good and prepared with care. My train never arrived at the main station in Arad so I had to arrange a car to Sibiu, the hotel staff found an excellent driver for me and even under these difficult conditions, were friendly and professional.

I will say that noise from an event in the hotel did bother me somewhat but a pair of earplugs quickly fixed this and such is common in all the hotels in the area, so I doubt the problem at the Continental is better/worse than other hotels in the area.

So bring earplugs, enjoy the hotel, and if you have any concerns about traveling in Western Romania, rest assured this is a safe, comfortable choice with quality staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank twainandwhitman
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Continental Forum Arad, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are committed to provide you and all of our customers with the highest level of service.

The next time you have the opportunity to travel, I hope that you will be our guest again. Until then…

Safe travels,

Nicosia District, Cyprus
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have just come back from an eight-day stay at this hotel and can highly recommend it. As long as you never forget that you are in Romania you are very pleasantly surprised by the facilities. The food is not great but is good, the charge is extremely reasonable and the staff are really out of this world, they are so nice and helpful and, mostly, speak English which is a bonus as I only know about 20 words in Romanian! The decor is a little outdated but this does not detract. Just only little gripe, they did not have tea-making facilities in the rooms which we have become used to and, on a personal note, they could have done with a wheelchair but that's an other story! We were in Arad to assist at a conference so it is very difficult to define what sort of a trip this was. We arrived at the end of August but stayed into September.

Room Tip: If you have to stay at a weekend they tend to have very noisy weddings but, we heard nothing once we...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Julia4J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel. It is very much appreciated! Whether its leisure or business, we are always here to provide a clean room, comfortable bed, and warm/caring service! We look forward to your next visit!

Kind regards,

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed in the hotel on Friday and Saturday and on Saturday they had two weddings in the hotel. It was impossible to sleep. One wedding was at first floor and the other one was at the last so it was actually impossible to find a room to rest. Please keep this in mind when you want to stay here over the weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bpanaiot
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Continental Forum Arad, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you were not overly satisfied with your stay. I hope that you will be our guest again and provide us with the opportunity to regain your confidence in our brand. Please feel free to continue to provide feedback about our services. We look forward to having you with us again.

General Manager, Continental Forum Arad

Travelers are raving about these Arad hotels

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is nice. Rooms are large with comfortable double bed.
The staff were all friendly and spoke English. The outdoor pool was very nice but as the weather was so nice it was also very busy!
The hotel is located in the centre of TImisoara so everything is very walkable.
Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Richard N
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was better than I expected. The scale of service we received was great, and I was never let down. I traveled with a group from the U.S. and we are accustomed to drinking standard bottled water. In Europe, carbonated water is standard (I prefer it actually) but some of our group did not adapt well to the water served at dinner. The staff made sure they were taken care of, which they did not have to do! I was very impressed and the breakfast does not disappoint.The rooms are clean, comfortable and have great views of the city!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kylee L
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Continental Forum Arad, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are very glad that you enjoyed staying at our hotel and we look forward to having you with us again for business or leisure visits.

Kind regards,