We stayed in june 2013 as part of our honeymoon package. Friom trhe second we arrived until the second we left, everything was absolutely perfect and totally met our raised expectations. You feel totally at home and relaxed thanks to the attentive but not intrusive staff. Everything that was included in our half board package was explained in deep so we never felt awkward in any of the restaurants or facilities and anyone not happy with the choice on offer is being picky!! The staff always seemed to be doing something and were all very professional and genuinely nice and friendly and not at all pushy on optional extras etc. Yes they offer you the chance for extra activities and drinks etc but only once, and they are after all running a business and is their job. The buffet had an excellent choice at both breakfast and dinner. Anyone that can serve me hot chicken curry at 6 am gets my eternal thanks. The other on site restaurants were of exceptionnal quality and style.Everything was sparkly clean throughout. You feel safe and secure within the hotel grounds with gated security etc. Our room was excellent, clean, well stocked with gadgets and plenty big enough. Brilliant power shower and the best courtesy shower gel etc that i've ever had in a hotel. The beach is a real beach where you can swim safely and the pool area is very pretty and becoming to that " picture postcard " dream. The immediate locality is very safe and clean, there is a supermarket within walking distance to stock up on munchies, suntan cream and bottled water if you want to save a bit of money. An easy drive from the airport and then a good base point for investigating the island. The photos don't do this hotel justice , it is better in real life. You gets what you pays for and i would recommend this hotel to anyone, we also stayed at the palm hotel spa which was also exceptional but the Lux is definitely the better choice for a more relaxed and friendly experience and better choice as part of a " package " Our wedding went perfectly and thanks to the LUX our honeymoon started better than we could ever have imagined, thankyou Mr and Mrs Stubley
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the western coast of this lush volcanic island, LUX* Saint Gilles (formerly LUX* Ile de La Reunion) faces a shimmering expanse of aqua-blue waters, fringed by a stretch of immaculate sands. Tucked away in acres of beautiful tropical gardens, Creole villas sit in the shade of coconut palms and filao trees, just steps from the coral-sheltered lagoon at L'Hermitage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your LUX* Saint Gilles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux Ile De La Reunion Hotel Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains
- LUX* Saint Gilles Reunion Island/Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains