We spent 3 nights recently in this truly delightful hotel for our anniversary celebration. LOCATION: outstanding, right on the white sandy beach within the lagoon.
ATMOSPHERE: is very much laid back and uncomplicated, with an understated sense of elegance.
SERVICE: was always very welcoming, prompt, courteous and professional.
ROOM: neat, very clean, serviced daily to a high degree and comfortable.
FOOD/BEVERAGE: 1/ Buffet Breakfast was simply of outstanding quality, a perfect example of where less is more, highest quality and fresh ingredients, lovingly prepared. Baked breads & pastries amongst the best in the world. Orange juice, freshly squeezed & chilled as you wait. Great way to start the day. 2/ Dinner in La Plage restaurant was in a beautiful beachside setting. Good food & wine list.
BEACH: fantastic snorkelling right from the shoreline, great sea life & colours to see. Fish would feed right from our hands. REGRETS: stayed too short a time(3 nights), would love to return for an extended stay. LUX has the formula right, high quality in an understated, elegant environment. All, on an island that's waiting to be discovered. Highly recommended, my family loved it..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the western coast of this lush volcanic island, LUX* Saint Gilles (formerly LUX* Ile de La Reunion) faces a shimmering expanse of aqua-blue waters, fringed by a stretch of immaculate sands. Tucked away in acres of beautiful tropical gardens, Creole villas sit in the shade of coconut palms and filao trees, just steps from the coral-sheltered lagoon at L'Hermitage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your LUX* Saint Gilles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux Ile De La Reunion Hotel Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains
- LUX* Saint Gilles Reunion Island/Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains