“Fabulous place.”

Ranked #1 of 5 Aurora B&B and Inns
Albany, NY
“Fabulous place.”
Reviewed August 21, 2008

Fabulous place. Newly renovated rooms, large rooms, marble well-designed bathrooms. These are the second nicest rooms we have ever stayed in North America, nicer than any Westin or Fairmont (the nicest place we’ve ever stayed in was a boutique hotel in Old Montreal). Not sure how a place like this in a sleepy location can generate enough income to keep the place going. Although, we stayed on a Sunday and Monday night and it was fully-booked Sunday and nearly full on Monday. We also visited the JP Morgan House, the sister property a few houses down the road, and that’s even nicer albeit more staid and does not allow kids. Rooms are hard-wired for high-speed internet, big flat-screen TV (no surround-sound though), excellent furniture.

Coffee/tea/juice/muffins and newspaper are brought to all guest rooms each morning at your requested time. Nice touch.

Beautiful lawn that slopes down to the water. There are kayaks and a canoe for the guests. The reception staff will help you get into the kayak or canoe. Chairs and tables are at the water’s edge, nice place to hang out, read a book, and bring your own wine. There is a very good wine store 2 doors down from the Aurora Inn.

We had dinner at the Aurora Inn’s restaurant, excellent food and service, reasonably priced. However, the outdoor patio tables are quite dark in the evening, and we had some trouble seeing our food after it got dark. Just something to think about. The pretty bartenders did not charge our 12-year old son when he asked for sodas at the bar. Our rooms included breakfast and that was excellent too.

All the hotel parking is on the street in front, or on a side lot shared with other places and a post-office. Just a consideration in case you bring your Ferrari or other exotic. The town is quite safe and sleepy, my car wasn't the only fancy car parked on the street. If at the JP Morgan house, recommend you park on the grass as the parking lot is sloped and door dings are likely.

This is THE place to stay if visiting Ithaca, Cornell, or within 20 or so miles of the place. We would definitely stay again and recommend this place to anyone looking for a quiet, romantic, or luxurious getaway.

• Liked — Gorgeous rooms, quiet location.
  • Disliked — There isn't anything not to like.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2008

My wife and I recently were looking for a relaxing place where the rooms and food were excellent and we found it at the Aurora Inn.
Everyone was very friendly especially Stephen at the front desk. We had the King suite and it is a very clean and great place to stay. You have everything you could want, wet bar, great huge bathroom with jacuzzi, large shower, sitting area, walk in closet with lots of closet space - the bathroom even has a adjustable heated floor so you can warm up the marble and keep your feet warm when entering the bathroom. Our only complaint which is minor would be that they improve on the pillows - they deflate when your head is on them and then become a little hard.
The food is excellent, we were so full from breakfast that we didn't need lunch - and the dinners were very good as well. For those of you that fish, I was catching so many small mouth bass and perch off the dock area that I didn't want to stop. We were sipping wine and watching the sun set over the lake which was amazing in itself.

If you decide to go, see if you can find the puzzling piece in the painting of Ms. Morgan (its the older of the two hanging in the Inn). There is something very odd that was painted into the portrait and obviously done intently by the artist. I noticed this strange thing and pointed it out to the employees and they never noticed it before either..... makes for ghostly discussion.
Enjoy your stay!!

• Liked — The great relaxing experience you get
  • Disliked — The bed pillows
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I find the two or three negative reviews here of the Aurora Inn inexplicable, so far removed are they from my own experience of it.. I would rank it as overall one of the most enjoyable -- perhaps even the single most enjoyable -- hotel stay I have ever had. Relaxed but welcoming service, tastefully decorated and extremely comfortable rooms, spectacular balcony views, excellent food. I would return there in an instant, and at some point certainly will. The restoration of much of Aurora village, including the Inn, by a grateful graduate of Wells College was also a heartening success story to hear. The surrounding area is fascinating to explore.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
new jersey
Reviewed April 29, 2008

This hotel and its sister B&B, the EB Morgan House, are as perfect as one can find in an Inn/B&B. I have traveled extensively and stayed in many luxury hotels and the Aurora Inn/EB Morgan House is as nice as they get. I have a reputation for being extremely detail-oriented, especially when it comes to my accommodations, but I have to say the Aurora Inn and EB Morgan House should satisfy even the most discerning traveler.

Both properties are spotless, the bathrooms are beautifully outfitted and the furnishings are traditionally eclectic. I found this special place because my daughter attends Cornell U. and we were looking for something less "cookie cutter" to stay at when visiting. Here you will find comfortable, upscale elegance, a warm welcome and all the pampering amenities one would expect from a much more expensive boutique hotel. The location is about 35 mins from campus but the charm of the sleepy Village of Aurora and the wonderfully appointed rooms, delicious food and scenic view of Cayuga Lake make the drive more than worth it. We just love the complimentary breakfast at the Inn! Lake view rooms with fireplaces are the ultimate!

My husband and I were so enthralled with the Inn/House that, in April, we brought up 12 of our closest friends to share in our experience and everyone raved about how wonderful their weekend was. We rented out the enitre EB Morgan House and on one night had a sumptuous catered dinner in the elegant dining room. The staff was extremely professional and courteous. Every request was met with such pleasantry especially by, Linda, the innkeeper. She is every bit as special as the house is! We hope to make it an annual event. In fact Real Simple magazine (special travel edition) recently named it one of the "top ten" hidden gems of the United States and I couldn't agree with them more. I hesitate to even write that because I'd like it to stay " just hidden" enough so we can secure a reservation when needed but it does truly deserve the recognition that it got.

• Liked — Its attention to every detail made our stay very comfortable.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed December 28, 2007

My boyfriend booked us a two nights stay at the Aurora Inn. We stayed in the King Suite, which was my Christmas present from my boyfriend. From the moment we got there, it was an experience to remember. The entire Inn was decorated for Christmas, and it was absolutely stunning. Everyone at the front desk was simply wonderful. We were greeted with smiles, and quickly shown to our room which was utterly beautiful! The King Suite is enormous! You open the door, thinking you'll walk right into the room, but there's a flight of stairs which leads to a loft type room. A completely marble bathroom with a heated floor, a sitting room with a TV, a wet bar, and an exquisit king size bed in the bedroom. The bedroom had a wall of windows looking out at Cayuga Lake. It was just a dream come true! The Inn had movies that you could check out as well, since the rooms come with a DVD/VCR player. We were able to check out "It's A Wonderful Life" and watch that in our room, which was furnished with a flat screen TV in the bedroom area.

The restaurant at the Inn is truly wonderful. Everything from breakfast to dinner was absolutely delicious, and the waitresses we had were top notch. Even more romance in the dining room, since we were able to be seated right next to a roaring fireplace during most of our meals.

Everyone is just super friendly and super helpful at the Aurora Inn. I would highly recommend staying at the Inn. My boyfriend and I truly cannot wait to go back for another visit.

• Liked — It was beyond the description I found on the Internet
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank celticfairy
upstate new york
Reviewed July 3, 2007

Found this on the internet....my wife was looking to stay in the Finger Lakes area for 1 night.. this was not our first choice because we didn't really know about the inn...cayuga lake was familiar to us, but not this exact location. We took a chance on the Aurora Inn. We were very suprised with the level of detail in all aspects.... Although pricey...don't let this stop you from stayig in the main inn.... We stayed on the 2nd floor lakeside...we liked this so much we booked the exact same room for later this fall. Just a very nice stay for a couple needing a getaway. We also had dinner at the inn....both my wife and I competely enjoyed our meals...breakfast is included in the price..again over the top...everyone we spoke to that was staying at the inn that evening enjoyed their stay.

• Liked — view of Cayuga Lake, Balocony (semi-private) desert in the evening..bottle of wine of course& morning coffee outside...very nice!!!
  • Disliked — can't think of anything ..maybe the price..but we did get our money's worth....
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank emptynesters_ny
Ithaca
Reviewed December 12, 2006

The Aurora Inn is a great place--extremely clean and well kept with friendly service. The rooms and bathroom are large enough for a family and the views are fantastic. The hotel offers a free breakfast in the dining room with your reservation and they even deliver your morning coffee to your door--compliments of the hotel. A plate of Christmas cookies were waiting for us in the room when we arrived and the amenities were top notch. The inn is small -- only 10 or so rooms but it allows the staff to give personal service and include all of the little touches that make a stay memorable. We had a great stay and it would be a treat to return.

• Liked — Personal Touches
  • Disliked — no room service available
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Pinot29
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Skaneateles Suites
#1 of 4 in Penn Yan
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls

Been to Aurora Inn? Share your experiences!