“Cute and inspirational”

MacKenzie-Childs
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Aurora
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: MacKenzie-Childs was born of our love of home and our commitment to fresh, innovative design. Founded in 1983, our humble beginnings started in the basement of Wallcourt Hall, a building built in 1909 as a dormitory for an all-girls prep school. Several years later, we moved to our present-day headquarters just up the road. On a tranquil Victorian farm overlooking Cayuga Lake, we produce world-renowned home furnishings. Our designers and artisans have created beautiful products that add joy and grace to homes throughout the world. Colorful, handmade ceramics, enamelware, glassware, furniture, and home accessories define our collection.
Upland, CA
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Cute and inspirational”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

There's not a lot to see and do in Aurora, so this is a definite stop! Make sure you take the free tour of the farmhouse - a true decorator's showcase! I wish they'd make a B&B there, the house was so warm and inviting, I'd love to spend a weekend there!

A large gift shop featuring their many products - as previously mentioned, not cheap, but there are items in all price points. A very enjoyable outing!

Visited August 2012

Venice, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Courtly check!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Fun, friendly, inspirational! I love the Mackenzie Childs facilities! Their home decor has something for everyone and is so lovely! The staff is very friendly and gift wrap is free!

Visited June 2013
Rochester, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great day trip”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had a beautiful day at the Mackenzie Childs shop and took a nice tour of the home and gardens. The home is so inspiring and wish I could spend a weekend there! The staff does a wonderful job of wrapping all your gifts and we never leave empty handed. Will be back for Christmas gifts.

Camillus, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great day trip”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Even though I wasn't super familiar with Mackenzie child's, we thought it would be a nice day trip for my 79 year old mom who needed a break from caring for our dad and aunt. The property is spectacular, the whimsical collections amazing, and the mansion tour wonderful! Spent some time in aurora as well, which was equally charming.

1 Thank Terri-Lee D
NJ
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Wonderland”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had a number of their handcrafted ceramics in a shop I had in the early 90's and was just fascinated by their product.

A trip to the work shop and grounds is a must! It is Wonderland for adults..

If you do not know what I mean visit their website or their store in Manhattan.